Sprouts Farmers Market

Updated December 19, 2014
2.6

Sprouts Farmers Market President & CEO Doug Sanders
Doug Sanders

Pros
  • Minimal employee discount, some organic products offered within the store (in 26 reviews)

• All employees get a 15% discount on top of all the amazing weekly sales (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay to match the area living needs (in 17 reviews)

• Lack of communication between departments and from upper management at a store level (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

RAILROADED!!! 3rd st and Bell. Phoenix AZ

Former Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Customers are appreciative and participate feedback

Cons

Management is not professional and under qualified and do not back up their employees. Head cashiers are bullys and lie and collaborate to side against and divide co workers. No job training. Continual fabricated write ups as a form of harrassment. Gives away merchandise for free instead of finding solutions to problems.

Customer service is important but harassing your employees is not acceptable! Two faced treat customers well and treat employees rudely....bad karma! No words that are good!

HORRIBLE THE WORST JOB OF MY WHOLE LIFE

Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (less than an year)

Pros

15% discounts, and gift card rewards for hard work, fast pace, often times there was free food in the break room, sometimes they even bought us food, some of those customers are sweet as pie and will make it all worth it for a while!

Cons

Management treated us like children! We were constantly talked to like children and disrespected! Management accused employees of lying, underestimated employees, did not believe in employees, janitors only came in the morning and the restroom was public, so regular employees (never supervisors or head cashiers) were forced to clean loads of feces sometimes more than once a week and if we didn't we were sent home and written up. Lots of favoritism, management used foul language, gossiped about employees consistently instead of finding ways to help them like retraining, management also hit on me, made very sexual comments to me in person and random sexual text msgs. At times the hours were good and sometimes they were as low as 11hrs a week depending on sales.

Respect your employees please. Sincerely appreciate your employees; especially if they work hard and customers are satisfied with them.

Store management show favoritism to employees that undeserving.

Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Cheap produce and 15% discount

Cons

You get no recognition for working you tail off.

Stop being so stuck on your favorites because you can talk music or sports. Open your eyes look around and recognize the employees that bust their back for this company. Stop promoting your friends.

Horrible management, almost abusive, stressful.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Meeting new people ,better life style. I learned about gmo organic. Holidays off. Tried different foods and experienced new cultures.

Cons

Management bullies the hardworking employees, it's never enough. The harder you work the more they want. The point system is tough. If you or a child is sick it becomes a point. I have seen numerous sick employees handling food because the are scared to call in sick because of the point system. I have seen favoritism at its best here. If you're not in with management get ready to be on the bottom of the list.

Leave the hardworking employees alone. We are under paid and over worked.

Horrible

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market (less than an year)

Pros

Not as expensive as Whole Foods. Job was easy.

Cons

Worked there for a week. Terrible management, no respect for workers or customers.

Quit

Horrible Management

Former Employee - Produce Clerk
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market (more than an year)

Pros

Produce was a good deal

Cons

Management never except responsibility, and would point the finger

Care about your employees

Operateing out of fear during slow times

Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Snellville, GA
    Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Snellville, GA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The job itself is very easy and brainless.

Cons

We busted our humps getting this store open and running. Now that the initial craziness is over, we have all had our hours cut down to 20 and below.

Realize that your busy times will carry you through the slow times, and stop making people just barely have a job.

Never would work there again!!!

Former Employee - Meat Manager
    Former Employee - Meat Manager

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A pay check and employee benefits

Cons

Micro management, stress, no work life balance, now going public the employees no longer matter, you're just a number. It is never good enough, we need more.

If you continue down this path, you will have no employee retention, always trying to convince new hires to join a company that doesn't care about them. You can pretend to be a good company but once employees get into the company look out. You will never be good enough.

Worst Job "EVER"

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

None what so ever. Please don't work for this employer you will regret it

Cons

This is the most misleading employer I've ever had they treat the employees like we are nobody's. There know appreciation for employees we only appreciate each other for jobs well done. Hours are horrible know one can make a living working here this is more of a job for teenager's know one single and defenaly not for someone with kids. I went from 40hrs a week to 15-21 hrs a week and co- worker get the same are only 8 hrs a week I wish I never made this career change they paid me more money to join but this is a mistake I
    wish I was able to undo I've had so many financial hardships I'm on the verge of losing my home if I don't find a new job asap.

You guys should treat your employees with more respect and maybe you will receive the same in return

Vitamin clerk

Former Employee - Vitamin Clerk in Bixby, OK
    Former Employee - Vitamin Clerk in Bixby, OK

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing was getting freebies from reps and gaining knowledge thru them. Loved helping customers

Cons

Management/Corporate is pathetic!! Was brutalized
     by asst dept.manager for a whole year!! After reporting to HR,was retaliated against for entire time I was there. The guy was a huge problem--- on many levels, incredibly lazy--incredibly racist,very hostile toward women...and HR kept lying to employees,telling us that they were "working" on the problem. I left the company because they are just SORRRY to deal with. The criminal asst dept manager is STILLLL there a year and a half later !!! Also was getting paid 2.00$ less an hour than a 20 yr old guy who had NO experience..

You promote your company as being so wholesome to the public -- you need to pour ALL your energy into making sure THE PEOPLE WHO BREAK THEIR BACKS making you all your billions..are treated like humans.
    You have people work ON A HOLIDAY..and you then cut their regular schedule ...to where not only do you NOT GET PAID for leaving your family on that holiday , but YOU DON'T EVEN GET YOUR 40 Hrs !!! YOU PEOPLE ARE SO DESPICABLE AT HOW YOU DO THINGS ---- I THINK YOU ARE BEYOND HELP. Karma will meet up with you...someday.

Sprouts Farmers Market Photos