Sprouts Farmers Market
www.sprouts.com Phoenix, AZ 5000+ Employees

Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014
Sprouts Farmers Market – US – “Sprouts”

Sprouts Farmers Market President & CEO Doug Sanders

Doug Sanders

Pros:
  • "15% employee discount - sunflower was 20%"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Best perk of working for this employer is the 15% discount all employees receive"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Low pay to match the area living needs"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Hardly any store managers, or regional managers, actually know how to deal with people as humans"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Worked here for over a year just as a stocker and its no different from working at target or walmart.

Grocery Clerk (Current Employee)
    Keller, TX

Proscan be a laid back environment at times, good people to work with.

Consmanagement is very sneaky and will promise you many things just to keep you around without fulfilling their promises.

Advice to Senior Managementhold yourselves to a higher standard. there are plenty of ways to run a company, while walking all over your employees is one of them, its not exactly good for appearances once you become notorious for it...

I loved Sprouts.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was hired under different expectations then, what I received. Best part was the visiting customers. I had the pleasure of meeting and serving the best. I went out of my job duties to assist when there was not a lead or manager around. I thanked the customers for educating me about healthy products. I built long lasting relationships with returning customers. I wiped up spills. I accommodated everyone who asked for my assistance when my job duties were completed. I did everything I was asked by management and was never in subordination.

ConsI completed my work ahead of schedule and was able to help the lead's, training new employees with more hours than I had. I helped new manager with UPC codes and were else needed. Also, other department and picked up some extra hours as assigned. Yet, it went unnoticed. I felt used and abused at times. I was educated, I expressed my concerned to transfer or promote and I was ridiculed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak in full sentences. Be honest is the best way to keep loyal customers and employees.

Working for Sprouts Farmers Market

Department Manager (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsThere are a lot of locations to work in San Diego County

ConsRun many shifts without adequate staffing creating extra stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your long term employees, you can't continue to run your stores with rookies just so you can pay less

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not Henery's that's for sure.

Vitamins Manager (Current Employee)
    San Pedro, CA

ProsVery nice decour and great coworkers. great selection on groceries from confidential to organic. Fair pricing on most products meats, vitamins, and groceries.

ConsGreat managers when we were Henery's. Since we became Sprouts we have had poor store management one after an other. Now we have a store director with very poor management skills to say the least. Not well educated or informed in grocery retail can't help but have his favorites in the store. will not take responsibility for his actions and blames the store for his failures.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to get more education in your field, stop the childish attitude and response in confrontations. Take responsibility for your actions and listen to your management team who strongly deserve their titles.
    Your assistant easily deserves your title.

Mediocre

Meat Cutter (Third) (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsJob security and a seven day work week - double edged sword

ConsGrocery store environment with an abundance of leech employees

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure...

A good place to work, but has the schemes when they want to get rid of someone

Meat Clerk (Former Employee)
    Mission Viejo, CA

ProsGreat co-workers. Great customers. Hands on training. Fair pay. great at getting the time off needed. They have many career opportunities. 10% off sprouts products.

ConsMajority of Store Directors I have met, mostly act nice. But show their true nature to employees in a get it done or your gone attitude.

The departments are supposed to keep food preparation areas clean but very rarely do. They rush to clean everything when an audit or health department check is at the front door.

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoyed working for your company up until the point I was discharged. In the future, I suggest paying attention more to what the managers of each dept are doing with their employees.

Mundane and repetitive series of the inability to adhere to procedure and standards

ProsDecent discountamd fun environment to work in

ConsPoor pay And even sadder excuse for management

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your standards higher .

Bakery management

Bakery Manager (Current Employee)

ProsMaking new friends. Employee discount. 40 hours guaranteed as a manager.

ConsNo support from upper management. No training for new managers. Low pay, different salaries for different stores. I have been a bakery manager for 3 years. I am forced to have employees that did not do well in other departments. I have a small oven for the amount of things we bake daily. I have no time to do the ridiculous paper work they want done. Par sheets, how many items do I want on a shelf, how many on the shelf, how many should we add to the shelf. Come on. In a day I have to open and bake from 4am until I leave, pull shrink, do a report, fill floor, do orders, throw loads every day except Sunday, inventory
    every week, health inspections,etc...for a little over 12 dollars. Too much work, no time, no staff, no respect. Currently looking for another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to basics. Come out of the office. Respect your people. Be understanding. Don't think of $ for YOUR bonus. Back up your dept managers

Not bad until overstaffing

Meat Clerk (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsFriendly environment, decent pay, semi-easy work

ConsOver-staffing, avoiding eligibility of benefits, no care in regards to a schedule not doing with work.

Great Company

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsFlexible hours, fun/new people all the time, pretty positive workplace and company in general

ConsManagement shifts around all the time (could be a pro for some people, I suppose)

Worked for Sprouts Farmers Market? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sprouts Farmers Market reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sprouts Farmers Market CEO Doug Sanders. All 180 reviews posted anonymously by Sprouts Farmers Market employees.