Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews

1. cashier.

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Marsh, TX
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Marsh, TX

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Discounts, and there's nothing else good at sprouts but to become good friends with coworkers and there's not even bonuses.

Cons

Really really bad managers. They treat it me like super bad. Some costumers were really rude even know I was super nice to them and worst thing is that the manager believed them the whole entire lie they were told.

Advice to Management

I suggest corporate or the freaking owners would go and check to every store how well their employees are working and the worst thing also was that one of my coworker was getting pay really really low and all of the other one were not including me.

General Manager

Former Employee - Owner Operator in Durango, CO
    Former Employee - Owner Operator in Durango, CO

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very interesting, This position covered all management responsibilities: Sales - customer and product development, r
    Purchasing - vendor, inventory, and logistics, Personnel - employee relationships, hiring, firing and salary, Office - selected equipment, and software, performed payable, receivable, and bookkeeping including printing checks and payroll, Manufacturing plant - oversaw equipment including purchase, maintenance, and supplies, worked with team on scheduling and quality control.

Cons

Business is extremely cyclical making long and short term planning difficult. It is a difficult market to plan and control inventory for the very specialized products which are scattered across the country.

Advice to Management

To the new owners I can not stress enough how important all your relationships are. You wear yourself always and need to project yourself affirming good strong character, which you can not fake. You need to be trustworthy, honest, affable, very productive and gain respect.

Worse Than You'd Think

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time

Pros

There was a fair amount of flexibility. It's generally easy to get a job there.
    15% discount.

Cons

No benefits for the entire first year.
    There was a very negative energy throughout the company.

Advice to Management

Spread the wealth more. Sprouts is a successful company and very profitable company; it should also be a great employer like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.

5. Fun place tow ork

Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Mission Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Mission Viejo, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Some great co workers to get to know

-Lots of training in different areas

-Fun place to work, very fast paced

Cons

-Management is a mess and will replace you at the drop of a dime

-There's a lot of gossip, slander, harassment at this store and management tells you to just ignore it

-The pay is terrible for the work they have you doing, it's one of the busiest stores in the district yet they'll hire you for 40 cents above minimum wage and have you break down 15 pallet loads for produce

-Most employees don't care about their dept or their work, but when you go the extra mile they'll try to discredit you and buddy up with a manager

-Employee discount went down to 10%, from 15%, it was 20% when Sprouts was Henry's

Advice to Management

Pay the employees who do work hard their fair share, it's hard to care about the company when you're making 25 cents more than the disabled person bagging groceries and get ridden everyday about how you're not working hard enough.

6. Alright

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Coworkers, hours and overtime, advancement

Cons

Pay, always closing, no request days off

7. 90 DAY REVIEWS

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Does anyone know what they look for in a 90 day reviews?

Cons

Sending you home early, when its slow!

Alright

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time

Pros

Cool people for the most part

Cons

The whole setup is a scam. Pretending to be environmentally responsible and give back to communities. None of the above happens in this corporation.

Advice to Management

Follow through with your promises.

It's a job!

Current Employee - Support in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Support in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You get paid. Some days good, some not, 15% discount on puchases at Sprouts, those who stick around for over a year are usually good workers, if you show up ,do your job you are above most people.

Cons

Mangement does not hold employees that break rules accountable. Example; when we had rampant employees abusing overtime, the management says that Regional made them cut everyones hrs to 7 &1/2 shifts. So now all those who dont abuse overtime get their pay cut. Management Often times not truthful, so we dont believe them. Some Dept managers are shown favoritism, chat in office, with managers for hr or more but others told they need to cut down on talking.I guess it's ok if you are chatting with management. Talking about bonus, who cares, most employees do not get one, not motivating. Online training (Academy )sounds great but how much does each employee remember? It seems like employees are supposed to know all this stuff so they can be held accountable if they dont remember,

Advice to Management

Train managers and Regionals to hold rule breakers accountable and not penalize those who do follow rules, move Asst Managers once in a while, they get stagnant too, then they show favoritism. Some employees have 20% discount others 15%. Just because they were with Henry's before they merged, we are supposed to be one team, one company, but thats not nice. If all employees got 20% maybe they would spend more of their check at Sprouts, and you would get more sales.
    Minimum wage keeps going up but those who have been there awhile, their pay staying the same and has less buying power. Reviews can be manipulated so employees dont get raise. If an employee is still there after 1 year they should get a raise,each year, they must be doing something good or they would be gone before then.high turn over happens alot at our store.

10. Fun environment, Not enough hours

Current Employee - Cashier in Owasso, OK
    Current Employee - Cashier in Owasso, OK

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment with great pay (for a college student). Day goes by quickly because it's never slow!

Cons

Not enough hours even after changing my availability to open.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Coppell, TX

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relatively little exertion. Employee discount. Not too high strung of am atmosphere. Beer and wine as well.

Cons

Boring, boring, boring. Extremely low pay. Customers bizarre and frustrating. Small staff.

Advice to Management

Structure the system for determining promotions. Perform more maintenance on cashier stations. Was tired of broken scanners and run down keypads.

RSS Feed </> Embed