Sprouts Farmers Market

Updated September 17, 2014
2.7

Sprouts Farmers Market President & CEO Doug Sanders
Doug Sanders

Pros
  • Mostly fun company to work for, employee discount a huge plus (in 21 reviews)

• Best perk of working for this employer is the 15% discount all employees receive (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay to match the area living needs (in 13 reviews)

• Hardly any store managers, or regional managers, actually know how to deal with people as humans (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people

Current Employee - Bagger  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Bagger in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work sprouts in Los Angeles ... Great people to work with and friendly too

Cons

Nope cons sorry don't have any problem

Keep up with great job

Great company

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time for more than a year

Pros

A healthy environment for all employees- you are sure to learn all about healthy living and all the new trends. All employees get a 15% discount on top of all the amazing weekly sales. "Uniform" is a nice, cotton t-shirt.

Cons

This company is very hard to move up in, starting pay is really low, the managers are micro-managers, if you are a cashier expect to never leave your register, and learn the PLU codes because you will need to know them almost immediately.

Don't treat your cashiers like kindergarteners, let the cashiers move from the front of the store more often. Cross-training should be implemented more throughout the store.

Love Working Here

Current Employee - Head Cashier  in  Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual atmosphere, casual dress, great products, great customers, great managers and co workers.

Cons

Benefits could be better but I think you can pretty much say this about any place you work.

I would hold more morning meetings and pow wows and also further develop mentorship and training programs

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A totally different grocery store

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time

Pros

Great benefits, good employees. Pay is great. They train you instead of throwing you to the wolves.

Cons

None that I can see. You are busy all day, but that makes the day go by faster.

Sprouts FM is top heavy on Management that allows little autonomy at store level to better serve your guests.

Current Employee - Bookkeeper  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have stayed with this company strictly due to its location and the employee benefit of 15% off purchases. Like anywhere i have worked there is a mixture of good and bad management. I have been lucky to have had good store managers that were fair and positive, but have heard different experiences from others at varying locations.
    they try to do the right thing.

Cons

Believing in what we sell is important to me. We introduce the public to healthy affordable alternatives but increasingly i find more value in the local Conventional markets offering fresher Organic Produce and Meats. There is little at store level being applied toward responsible sustainability - recycling and composting are simply ignored. Unless you are considered management you receive no financial incentive to be an active member of the team. The staff acts and performs similar to what i would expect at Walmart, with little to no interest in the product we sell. This is the most challenging of environmental cons i experience daily.

Respect your staff as much as you pretend to respect your guests. the YES program is instituted to solve problems in a positve no hassle manner, yet you display none of that generosity when assisting your staff at store level. You wish to change your name from "corporate" to "support" but have not allowed your "corporate support staff" the freedom to actually support the stores.

Pressured customer service environment.

Current Employee - N/A  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Have to work very hard when its busy but can usually go home if you want when it's not.

Cons

The emphasis is too high on labor percentages. There is a verbal stress on customer service that is undermined by the cutting of hours.

Growth, Experience, Contribution

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time for less than a year

Pros

They empower employees to excel in service. Their attendance policy is clear & fair. Hard work, good service & attention to details are rewarded. Always some one willing to coach you into a promotion if you are ready & wiling to learn.

Cons

With such rapid growth there tends to be a lot of changes in upper management however it has little effect at store level. Training is what you make of it, ask questions and keep referring to the manual as you learn.

Keep up the good work. Strong teams, exciting growth, solid structure.

I love this place!

Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time for less than a year

Pros

great people! great environment! perfect world to work in!

Cons

I have literally nothing bad to say!

you guys are amazing!

Overall Okay place to Work.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time

Pros

I really enjoyed getting to know my co-workers as well as a few of the regular customers. The management staff can be agreeable. As long as you remain moving around and getting stuff done (even minor tasks) they will probably like you.

Cons

The computer systems seemed kinda outdated and unhelpful. Seemed like there were a lot of hoops to jump through to just switch a shift.

A little more positive re-enforcement could help.

Sprouts Employment Review

Current Employee - Store 4th Manager  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Store 4th Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Opportunity, Excellent Culture, Good Leadership

Cons

Low compensation, Better Training opportunities exist

Wage growth is low and starts low. Could be improved to entice better potential candidates.

Worked for Sprouts Farmers Market? Contribute to the Community!