Sprouts Farmers Market

Profile Unclaimed

Lack of Respect

Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Orange, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

15% employee discount on great produce. Fellow employees are very supportive and anxious to help you learn what you are doing.

Cons

Compensation is lower than other retailers in the same trade causing a higher than usual "revolving-door" of employees. Lack of communication between store-management and employees to the point of almost being a caste system. Store Management lack of support for employees is reflected in the way fail to support the employee and in fact discipline the employee in front of obnoxious customers. Training is often accompanied by a warning that failure to adhere to the new rules will lead to .....including termination. The H.R. Department is set up not to help affected employees but to help management root out the trouble makers! Sprouts believes in the "stick" way of encouragement not the "carrot", ironic for a Farmer's Market!

Pay a fair wage. Treat your employees like they are humans paid to do a job and not beneath you!

Front End Cashier

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

The company always showed their appreciation for their employees by having employee appreciation days in the back room. Discount on food is always good, focused on great customer service.

Cons

The manager when i was there is very unprofessional and make you feel like your always doing something wrong. Had to have your cash drawer checked after every shift which was not a problem but waiting around after your shift has ended to be checked was frustrating.

Sucks to be a manager...

Former Employee - Third Manager
    Former Employee - Third Manager

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Good Concept. Great products. Very active in Autistic cause.

Cons

Unrealistic expectation. Ordering system outdated for volume. Promo order is laughable as they allocate depending on what they and not your volume or sales history, causing backroom issues.

Ditch the ordering system and completely revamp the way they order promo.

Great for a grocery store chain

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are wonderful if you are a full time employee! Saw lots of complaints of benefits for part timers. (You are part time... it is not your career...you shouldn't have full benefits.) 1 week of sick time per year which is pretty great for a grocery store. Great health insurance. 3 plans to choose from, all Blue Cross Blue Shield. Vacation starts at a week a year after 6 months employment. Goes up with time in company. (2 weeks after 3 years, 3 weeks after 5 years, 4 weeks after 10 years). You can use your vacation or cash it out or both. Emergency loans available at no interest. Weekly pay. Dental, vision, STD, LTD...TONS of opportunity for advancement. TONS.We are growing very rapidly. If you are a decent employee, have open availability, you are pretty much guaranteed a promotion. I have worked at other grocery stores and this is by far the best.

Cons

Not ecstatic with the direction the company is going as we grow. We are going farther and farther from what made Sprouts great. But that is to be expected as is now a public company so the dollar is now the bottom line.

Ok

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people to meet, friendly, discounts

Cons

Work you very hard with low pay, sales are horrible so cut your hours WITHOUT letting you know. Horrible management team.

Be about what you talk about.

good place to work

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

great discount- friendly atmosphere with customers

Cons

not organized from corporate level down

better communication

Friendly people and managers.

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoy the work environment and our customers. The company is also very flexible with your personal availability. They have employee discounts and employee appreciation days.

Cons

It seems that as the company continues to grow, it is becoming more selfish. With many new stores opening, they have continuously changed policies that affect employees negatively. They also try to cut labor costs to the point where their employees are losing hours, holiday pay, and creating a more demanding work environment due to not having enough employees per shift.

Staff departments accordingly so as to reduce work load stress, boost morale, and increase efficient customer service.

Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier in Westwood, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Westwood, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can say that the employes are nice but quite at the same time. You get 15% off employee discount.

Cons

Small store. Weird customers. Unprofessional company they don't train new employes like they should. They expect you to know everything I honestly don't recommend this company to anyone. Very low pay.

Sucks

Long and tiring.

Current Employee - Deli/Bakery Clerk
    Current Employee - Deli/Bakery Clerk

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Young work environment.
    Employee are generally happy.

Cons

Horrible management.
    Being scheduled 2-8pm Monday then 4am-11am on Tuesday? No bueno

I like working here.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

They work well with college students since I have worked at 2 different ones in college towns.

Cons

Can get repetitive and tiring.

Sprouts Farmers Market Photos