Sprouts Farmers Market

Updated January 24, 2015
2.6

Sprouts Farmers Market President & CEO Doug Sanders
Doug Sanders

Pros
  • Minimal employee discount, some organic products offered within the store (in 26 reviews)

• All employees get a 15% discount on top of all the amazing weekly sales (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay to match the area living needs (in 17 reviews)

• Lack of communication between departments and from upper management at a store level (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

this is not a place to work at

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

15% discount and good benefits if you can get 32hr a week

Cons

the management is bad they only care for employees that look good and that do nothing but suck up they think that people who work hard are nothing but a joke when i started there i was getting almost 30hr a week then they cut me down to 16 then 8 then 4 i work my but off for them to get the job done in the. 7 months i have worked there i have had 3 customer compliments a great employee review and a customer have them wright a good employee review to corporate that i know they did not get so if u work hard and don't suck up to people to get hr at work don't work here

stop thinking your better then any one when you can even run a small store like sprouts

Racism, Favortisim.

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Seal Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Seal Beach, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Working in a place that sales healthy foods makes you want to be healthy and learn more

Cons

Management is horrible, you have to be a favorite to get promoted or know someone to get the higher end. Never any benefits, hours get always get cut , overtime is never allowed, only for managers

A terrible experience

Former Employee - Cashier in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier in Denver, CO

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The 15% off discount is handy if you're good at stacking deals

Cons

Everything. Honestly this was the worst part time job of my life. Unfair treatment, unprofessional managers, terrible store moral, store directors that act as if they own you instead if you being an employee, weekly schedules so you can't make plans outside of your week, not to mention at the store I worked for the the director was down right condescending and didn't know how to talk to other human beings. Did I mention they only pay lead cashiers 9$. Supervisors starting at minimum wage!!!!! Crazy

Pay people more and act like you care about your employees just a little bit

This Company Blow's!!

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Solana Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Solana Beach, CA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

NONE NONE NONE and NONE!!!

Cons

Reverse discrimination!! It seems being white or any other race is irrelevant anymore.... They pander to the Poor brown people!! and Ya don't get any promotion, unless you're a KI$$ &$$....

Stop writing people up for anything and EVERYTHING!! Give more hours to employees, and not bring in more people which would cut hours for the people you already have there and want to work!! pay people what they are worth, and give raises!! Instead of not giving raises, so you get a bigger bonus! You guys don't give a crap if we can pay our bills or not!!!!!!!

Sprouts

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people. work environment. Discount

Cons

Pay. Got an above average three month review but was told I could not receive a raise until after my year mark. However, there have been employees that have gotten a raise despite the fact that they have not been there for a year... hmm. Management changes a lot.

Compensate better.

Potential to be great but failing miserably

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The coworkers. There are many coworkers who are outstanding to work with. Sprouts brings in some good talent which makes it fun to work with them. Ambitious people they are. The people (employees) are everything. Corporate and upper management don't seem to get that mindset. I worked with some wonderful and talented people who unfortunately left because they were tired of not being treated well by the store directors and regionals.

Cons

Very poor benefits. Vacation accural is very weak. Sprouts does't give you much time off via PTO. Horrible regionals who are more interested in hearing themselves than hearing their employees. The regional director for my store was beyond narcissitic. The company expects the world but does't allow you the labor, people or tools to get the job done right. Sprouts stretches people thin and runs good people off. Honesty and integrity is a major issue with the regionalas we dealt with. A lot of open promises and lies. Illegal work practices. Allowing people to knowingly work off the clock and altering people's time cards to prevent paying overtime.

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES!!! THEY MATTER THE MOST. WITHOUT HAPPY EMPLOYEES YOU HAVE NOTHING! AND IF YOU DO LISTEN, DO IT IN A CARING MANNER AND FOLLOW THROUGH. LISTEN AND ACT! Customers feel the frustration and lack of customer service from Sprouts employees because they are absoulutely miserable. It's so simple, take care of your employees and they will take care of you. I'm not sure why Sprouts can't get that right.

Sprouting Weeds

Current Employee - Department Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

None, all sacrificed in the name of higher profits.

Cons

Blatant favoritism by upper management. Lack of training for all employees. Bottom line driven. Employees treated very poorly. Inconsistent hours/shifts leaving no work-life balance. Motivation by intimidation.

Value all employees because they are the face of Sprouts and lately it has become a very sad and tired face.

Terrible

Former Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Seriously can't think of any

Cons

Poor upper management. Store mgr was a joke...still is. Constantly putting out fires they set themselves. More worried about a corporate walk than the team members or the customers. No conscience.

Take care of and show at least a small concern for your people

Terrible company

Current Employee - Senior Produce Clerk
    Current Employee - Senior Produce Clerk

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

They hired me. That's it.

Cons

They promise you a full time job. Then when the grand opening phase is over they cut everyone to part time. I couldn't even afford to put gas in my car to get there in the end! Promises mean nothing to these people. They are a bunch of liars. Oh and their produce is the same as you would get at Walmart. DO NOT WORK THERE!!!!!!!

Give up. You are a bunch of charlatans.

Don't expect to make a career here by working your way up.

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market (more than 5 years)

Pros

On paper the company has a great mission statement, culture, and product. If all you're looking for is part time work and have completely open availability, they can work with you. If you currently work for another company, you have an automatic leg up over existing employees to be hired into a management position.

Cons

Poor maintenance on existing stores, team members, focus is just on opening new stores. Mythical advancement opportunities, nobody gets promoted into salaried positions (only 2 per store and the only ones that allow a person to support a family as a career) within the company, they always go for an outside hire. Bad scheduling management throughout the year forces dramatic hour cutbacks going into yearend/holiday season, just when employees need more predictability in their scheduling/paychecks. Political favoritism is the only way to survive long term; hard work, self-motivation, and competency are not.

Stop leading people on with the idea that if they work hard that they can make a future in the company, all the real opportunities are filled before they are ever posted and based upon who you know, not what you know. There are only two salaried positions per store, department managers and lower tier store managers work just as hard, if not harder, and still have to watch the clock. It's impossible to consistently get all the work done, maintain energy for the rest of the team, and meet scheduling, sales, and inventory budgeting goals when there isn't the time or training. Even the top of scale pay rates are below living wage levels. 5% maximum annual raises ensure that most will never actually reach the top of scale for their position, or incentivize them to work harder if they do. The bonus structure is dismal, with its whole-store requirement you can be a great manager at a store performing beneath projections that you had nothing to do with making in the first place and get nothing or a substandard manager at a higher volume store and get paid extra just for showing up; and again it's really not that much extra unless you're one of the salaried managers, assuming they haven't just done away with the bonuses altogether in order to pour more money into opening new stores.

Sprouts Farmers Market Photos