Sprouts Farmers Market

Updated January 25, 2015
2.6

Sprouts Farmers Market President & CEO Doug Sanders
Doug Sanders

Pros
  • Minimal employee discount, some organic products offered within the store (in 26 reviews)

• All employees get a 15% discount on top of all the amazing weekly sales (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay to match the area living needs (in 17 reviews)

• Lack of communication between departments and from upper management at a store level (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Good work/life balance

Current Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The caring employees and management plus the work with u through many problems that arise.

Cons

some times the hours drop

None.. The management is amazing

Sprouts

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people. work environment. Discount

Cons

Pay. Got an above average three month review but was told I could not receive a raise until after my year mark. However, there have been employees that have gotten a raise despite the fact that they have not been there for a year... hmm. Management changes a lot.

Compensate better.

Blah

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Better opportunity to move up.

Cons

when sales go down your hrs drop extremely.

Average place to work, its what you make.

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (less than a year)

Pros

15% discount, opportunities to learn other departments if you want, Fun co-workers, Growth opportunities if you work hard and know the right people.

Cons

Work hours are not consistent each week, I work 30-32hrs per week as a full time department head.
    Management drama sometimes.
    Minimum training to new employees.

Allow more time for training. Some departments do only two days of training and throw the person into the fire after that. Be honest about working hours, tell potential employees that hours are based on sales and can vary each week.

Terrible company

Current Employee - Senior Produce Clerk
    Current Employee - Senior Produce Clerk

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

They hired me. That's it.

Cons

They promise you a full time job. Then when the grand opening phase is over they cut everyone to part time. I couldn't even afford to put gas in my car to get there in the end! Promises mean nothing to these people. They are a bunch of liars. Oh and their produce is the same as you would get at Walmart. DO NOT WORK THERE!!!!!!!

Give up. You are a bunch of charlatans.

The Grass isn't greener it's AstroTurf

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employee Discount, Casual Dress Code, and uhm well a majority of co-workers are a pleasure but you're all stuck in the same sinking ship so complaints come often.

Cons

Growing too fast! Corporate swoops in & makes bad decisions without considering the store directors opinion. Promotes based on favoritism. High turnover. Age discrimination.

Slow down that growth! You're company image will suffer if you continue at this pace. Don't allow HR to make snap decisions with no consideration of the effects on morale. I know "managers don't grow on trees" but do not promote from within if they don't have the qualifications or experience to be setup for success. Better training & communication should be top priorities. Don't just set it as an empty promise to educate & enrich.

Worst place ive ever worked

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

There are some really good people working there.

Cons

They ruin people's confidence. There HR department is a way for the upper management to know what you really think. Imstead of what a HR department is supposed to be. They have zero care for there employees. They pay like crap. They will employee hitler if he produced a margin and I would bet a million dollars that most of the good reviews were done by the upper management of this company.

Wake up and be honest. Stop blaming store level employees for your lack of know how.

Better than a lot of places

Current Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good pay, fun environment, sick pay after six months, PTO after six months, vacation after six months

Cons

Normal retail cons, never a set schedule, can sometimes be high stress, sometimes they like to cut hours a little too much

RAILROADED!!! 3rd st and Bell. Phoenix AZ

Former Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Customers are appreciative and participate feedback

Cons

Management is not professional and under qualified and do not back up their employees. Head cashiers are bullys and lie and collaborate to side against and divide co workers. No job training. Continual fabricated write ups as a form of harrassment. Gives away merchandise for free instead of finding solutions to problems.

Customer service is important but harassing your employees is not acceptable! Two faced treat customers well and treat employees rudely....bad karma! No words that are good!

HORRIBLE THE WORST JOB OF MY WHOLE LIFE

Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (less than a year)

Pros

15% discounts, and gift card rewards for hard work, fast pace, often times there was free food in the break room, sometimes they even bought us food, some of those customers are sweet as pie and will make it all worth it for a while!

Cons

Management treated us like children! We were constantly talked to like children and disrespected! Management accused employees of lying, underestimated employees, did not believe in employees, janitors only came in the morning and the restroom was public, so regular employees (never supervisors or head cashiers) were forced to clean loads of feces sometimes more than once a week and if we didn't we were sent home and written up. Lots of favoritism, management used foul language, gossiped about employees consistently instead of finding ways to help them like retraining, management also hit on me, made very sexual comments to me in person and random sexual text msgs. At times the hours were good and sometimes they were as low as 11hrs a week depending on sales.

Respect your employees please. Sincerely appreciate your employees; especially if they work hard and customers are satisfied with them.

Sprouts Farmers Market Photos