Square Enix

Be The First To
Add Photos

Phil Rogers

rotten from the top

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery japanese, nice people to work with. Better now that they've merged with eidos.

Conscronyism at the very top, nepotism at the very top, slow to move
    reactive rather than proactive, no idea about 'global'

Not the same old Square Enix

ProsThe company has changed quite a bit from what I have heard. Used to be only a publishing arm for Japan but now the group is creating and publishing their own products in the digital space. Huge growth in the past couple of months.

ConsA ton of meetings. Sometimes it feels like very little is accomplished in the meetings as many are update meetings and not very action oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people to continue to grow creatively. Encourage learning. Continue the team building events, and continue to give employees input to the games you are creating. Empower employees to succeed.

fun workplace but the company does not value your worth correctly

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsPTO, lenient on the work clothes, open environment

Conslow pay, overloaded work for one person, the hiring process for an open position fills up slow

Advice to Senior Managementincrease pay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard work, good times, and a rewarding experience, overall!

ProsExcellent collegial atmosphere that encourages strong camaraderie and teamwork. Most everyone has passion for the products we sell, and its shown in the high level of professionalism and dedication to whatever role an employee has.

ConsNothing beyond what is typically found in the industry - long hours and lower-than-average pay compared to other industries, but this is a small price to pay to be doing something you love!

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember those that kept the ship upright during tougher times and try to reward and recognize their efforts while keeping a forward-looking mentality.

Good Place to Work

Senior Artist (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFun job working on great titles.

ConsIt's a games publisher. If you don't know what that means then you should probably look at getting a proper job.

Good products & dedicated employees but management needs more work...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSqure Enix has many dedicated employees all working together to create good products. Salaries and benefits are competitive. The office is modern and nice.

ConsCulture of Square Enix is still "old-Japanese". In my opinion, women are still not getting the same opportunities and recognition as men. Also the Japanese employees are treated differently than American employees.

Bunch of Bureaucracy

Artist (Current Employee)

ProsEach employees are great to work with.
    They have special eyes on detail.

ConsSectarianism, Bureaucracy, etc... everything a zombie corporation has you can suffer.
    Their technical capabilities aren't the topnotch in these 360/PS3 generations, though each employee's level is relatively high. The problem is the organization itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould make an open infrastructure.

Worked for Square Enix? Contribute to the Community!