St. Alexius Medical Center

Updated August 14, 2014
Updated August 14, 2014

3.8

Andrew Wilson

The most satisfying work experience of my 35 years in health care.

Current Employee - Facilitator  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Facilitator in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at St. Alexius Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They have a very strong employee wellness program and employee satisfaction is very important to the organization.

Cons

As the merger with Ascension and other partnerships with area hospitals has taken place, there are more layers when when requiring services and help from the IT department.

The constant changes that are taking place with the organization are very challenging for all.

St. Alexius has been very good to me.

I have been working at St. Alexius Medical Center full-time

Pros

Courteous friendly atmosphere truely concerned about the patient experience.

Cons

Concerned about the future with CHI

Exactly what you would expect from a warehouse job.

Former Employee - Materials Handler  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Materials Handler in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at St. Alexius Medical Center as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Team leaders were very flexible. If hired as a resource employee, benefits are not offered. However, opportunities for being hired part time or full time are available, then benefits are offered. Since this is a hospital, there are no holidays off, but holiday pay is given to make up for it.

Cons

Working in a hospital. Always open, never closes.

None.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PCT

Former Employee - PCT Part Time But Worked Over Time  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - PCT Part Time But Worked Over Time in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at St. Alexius Medical Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

The doctors that came were amazing!

Cons

Just cause a person asked for pain meds doesn't make them a junkie.

Also not high school playing favorites is inappropriate.

false promises, poor judgement, rude coworkers

Former Employee - Department Secretaray  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Department Secretaray in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at St. Alexius Medical Center part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice if you're a student
    helping people have a better day then they've been having

Cons

training, benefits, compensation, taxes, consideration, management, communication

When I first started in 2007, Ed Goldberg was the CEO of the company. Everyone was so friendly and they treated their staff with the highest respect while still teaching significant values that we can use daily to interact with each other and our patients. We were recognized more from 2007-2012 when I was there than the last two years 2013-2014 when the new CEO stepped up and it was announced that Ascension Health would be taking over. Since than, not only has the patient volume gone significantly lower because of Obamacare...but the overall company moral has gone low. Everyday I would either a 4-1 ratio of complaints from older and newer patients then the sattisfaction we used to receive. I used to love my job, my hours, the people. the money, even getting 2 raises in the last 5 years it has gotten worse. Management either doesn't listen nor cares when it comes to the "lending an ear at any time" act. My supervisor, amongst quite a few ranging from ER to outpatient to Surgery, are unprofessional and rude to their employees when it comes to their work or schedules. She would favortize certain employees becae use of their status meaning ( if your uncle was a security guard you wouldn't stop hearing about how you called in sick with the flu) vs if yourmom was the secretary to the CEO and you went out of your busy way to gossip, she would either give you a job or lend an ear to that then deal with conflict and real problems. Everyday I started dreading work and nagging even though me amongst small but a few amount of my peers would tell me the same problems they were facing. Everyone chooses to look past these things, WHy? no idea, Even though you're dedicated, rather then helping the ones who need it most and squashing rivalries. I've never dealt with such a high unnessecary amount of drama and unorganized people in alll my jobs. Hopefully in the future the hard working employees and supervisors will get a reward other then just once a year bonus. I was hired resource, promised part time if available (resource is extra pay no benefits) for 6 years... it was given to a new employee that just started, I was promised cross training with extra hours, it was promised to anew employee that lives on her phone and does't know half the training she was given or cares after the former trainer left. There is diversity, favortism, and deaf ears in this place, and I wouldn't recommend hard worrkers to work here.

Working at St. Alexius Medical Center gave me many opportunities and the training to do these job to the best of m y abi

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at St. Alexius Medical Center part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Always offered training when expected to do another position, kindness of management, willing to adjust schedule if necessary, employees were willing to help and be team players.

Cons

None comes to mind. I am still called on a limited basis to work some marketing events in the community as well in the hospital to promote the hospital presence in the community

i have friends who were discharged from their job without or very little warning and think that is unfair to the emplopyee.

Kind, caring people..good work environment!

Former Employee - CNA/Clerk  in  Bismarck, ND
    Former Employee - CNA/Clerk in Bismarck, ND

I worked at St. Alexius Medical Center

Pros

Good pay, very friendly people for the most part

Cons

Some doctors talk down to nurses/CNA's.

na

Current Employee - Registered Nurse Resource  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse Resource in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at St. Alexius Medical Center

Pros

I have flexible hours as a resource nurse

Cons

employee parking tends to be an ongoing issue

fairness in staffing hours is a big issue. No follow through on issues.

Excellent

I worked at St. Alexius Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

People were caring and kind, hardworkers, a great place to work most times.

Cons

Bismarck is not a very exciting city and that can effect people not from used to it.

Worked for St. Alexius Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!