St. Alexius Medical Center

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andrew Wilson

Exactly what you would expect from a warehouse job.

Materials Handler (Former Employee)
    Hoffman Estates, IL

ProsTeam leaders were very flexible. If hired as a resource employee, benefits are not offered. However, opportunities for being hired part time or full time are available, then benefits are offered. Since this is a hospital, there are no holidays off, but holiday pay is given to make up for it.

ConsWorking in a hospital. Always open, never closes.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

false promises, poor judgement, rude coworkers

Department Secretaray (Former Employee)
    Hoffman Estates, IL

ProsNice if you're a student
    helping people have a better day then they've been having

Constraining, benefits, compensation, taxes, consideration, management, communication

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen I first started in 2007, Ed Goldberg was the CEO of the company. Everyone was so friendly and they treated their staff with the highest respect while still teaching significant values that we can use daily to interact with each other and our patients. We were recognized more from 2007-2012 when I was there than the last two years 2013-2014 when the new CEO stepped up and it was announced that Ascension Health would be taking over. Since than, not only has the patient volume gone significantly lower because of Obamacare...but the overall company moral has gone low. Everyday I would either a 4-1 ratio of complaints from older and newer patients then the sattisfaction we used to receive. I used to love my job, my hours, the people. the money, even getting 2 raises in the last 5 years it has gotten worse. Management either doesn't listen nor cares when it comes to the "lending an ear at any time" act. My supervisor, amongst quite a few ranging from ER to outpatient to Surgery, are unprofessional and rude to their employees when it comes to their work or schedules. She would favortize certain employees becae use of their status meaning ( if your uncle was a security guard you wouldn't stop hearing about how you called in sick with the flu) vs if yourmom was the secretary to the CEO and you went out of your busy way to gossip, she would either give you a job or lend an ear to that then deal with conflict and real problems. Everyday I started dreading work and nagging even though me amongst small but a few amount of my peers would tell me the same problems they were facing. Everyone chooses to look past these things, WHy? no idea, Even though you're dedicated, rather then helping the ones who need it most and squashing rivalries. I've never dealt with such a high unnessecary amount of drama and unorganized people in alll my jobs. Hopefully in the future the hard working employees and supervisors will get a reward other then just once a year bonus. I was hired resource, promised part time if available (resource is extra pay no benefits) for 6 years... it was given to a new employee that just started, I was promised cross training with extra hours, it was promised to anew employee that lives on her phone and does't know half the training she was given or cares after the former trainer left. There is diversity, favortism, and deaf ears in this place, and I wouldn't recommend hard worrkers to work here.

Working at St. Alexius Medical Center gave me many opportunities and the training to do these job to the best of m y abi

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Hoffman Estates, IL

ProsAlways offered training when expected to do another position, kindness of management, willing to adjust schedule if necessary, employees were willing to help and be team players.

ConsNone comes to mind. I am still called on a limited basis to work some marketing events in the community as well in the hospital to promote the hospital presence in the community

Advice to Senior Managementi have friends who were discharged from their job without or very little warning and think that is unfair to the emplopyee.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kind, caring people..good work environment!

CNA/Clerk (Former Employee)
    Bismarck, ND

ProsGood pay, very friendly people for the most part

ConsSome doctors talk down to nurses/CNA's.

Advice to Senior Management.

na

Registered Nurse Resource (Current Employee)
    Hoffman Estates, IL

ProsI have flexible hours as a resource nurse

Consemployee parking tends to be an ongoing issue

Advice to Senior Managementfairness in staffing hours is a big issue. No follow through on issues.

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople were caring and kind, hardworkers, a great place to work most times.

ConsBismarck is not a very exciting city and that can effect people not from used to it.

Worked for St. Alexius Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. Alexius Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for St. Alexius Medical Center CEO Andrew Wilson. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by St. Alexius Medical Center employees.