St. Anthony's Hospital

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014

3.5

Bill Ulbright

Good place to work, good compensation.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

great performance appraisals and opportunity to earn more

Cons

cafeteria food is unhealthy most of the time

The good and bad of St.Anthony's Hospital.

Former Employee - Patient Transporter  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Patient Transporter in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

The ability to accrue extra shift because the supervisors trust in you. I was able to learn different positions although I wasn't actually applying for a different position. The pay was solid, but for the work that we did on a daily basis, I felt the pay and annual raises could have been much better.

Cons

A major issue was certain workers not pulling their weight, which led to heavier work loads for the rest of the employees on certain days. Insurance was very basic, to be kind. I found our treatment by others in the hospital was overlooked by certain managers in our department. Those people had to be replaced to even get certain things done for us, and even that was not much.

To point more toward change in the department's treatment by the other staff within the hospital. Our workers are as important to the efficiency of the hospital as anyone else. Raises should be more than 15-20 cents, annually. And the insurance is more of a hindrance than a help.

it was OK

Pros

the people who work there are great, the hospital is fine and i enjoyed my time there. I would be employed there again.

Cons

The hospital needs some upgrading, they need to pay a better salary, and they need to upgrade some technology.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Patient Access Service Rep

Former Employee - Patient Access Service Representative  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Access Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

- Great Benefits
    -401 K
    -Opportunities to advance in the company

Cons

-Pay isn't that great
    - Some Departments Management will throw you under the bus to advance their career

Listen to your employees, they truly know the benefit of the company because they are working the line.

I was a patient care technician and a Sitter for (BA-52)s while attending college for my nursing license.

Former Employee - PCT/Sitter  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - PCT/Sitter in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

St. A's is my favorite hospital in St. Petersburg to work for, and I have worked at every hospital in town. They have an excellent benefit package. The employees' are helpful and cooperative.

Cons

They mostly hire R.N.s now which is good and bad. I would much rather have a military nurse or LPN with experience over a young kid out of college with only school smarts.

I think management needs to get more involved with employees. We need to know we are all on the same team.

It was a varied experience fo me; sometimes great, sometimes not so great.

Former Employee - Various Non-patient Care Positions  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Various Non-patient Care Positions in Denver, CO

Pros

The people who work there are for the most part dedicated and professional.

Cons

The corporate changeover was far too frequent and the hospital is very "top heavy".

The next down-sizing should be at the administrative level. The upper tiers of management are far too many and too expensive for a non-profit.

Great place to work, lots of room for promotion and continuing education.

Current Employee - Mental Health Technician  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Mental Health Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Competitive pay, relaxed but professional environment.

Cons

Pay raises are determined by department performance.

The Staff are good but watch out for Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

The staff who work there "walk on water." and are generally helpful. Sometimes the limited resources cause some people trouble and then people do not treat each other well. The management values are a good goal. The benefits are better than most employers.

Cons

In general, management does not know how or make time to treat people well. They have core values but the moment a fiscal problem occurs the the values go out the door. Management pretends to listen to the staff.

In general, management needs to be trained on a Quality protocol, ie. Six Sigma, and/or Project management protocols Then everyone must practice the protocol so the staff can be treated better and the work environment will be much better.

Worked for St. Anthony's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!