St. Anthony's Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bill Ulbright

it was OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe people who work there are great, the hospital is fine and i enjoyed my time there. I would be employed there again.

ConsThe hospital needs some upgrading, they need to pay a better salary, and they need to upgrade some technology.

The good and bad of St.Anthony's Hospital.

Patient Transporter (Former Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe ability to accrue extra shift because the supervisors trust in you. I was able to learn different positions although I wasn't actually applying for a different position. The pay was solid, but for the work that we did on a daily basis, I felt the pay and annual raises could have been much better.

ConsA major issue was certain workers not pulling their weight, which led to heavier work loads for the rest of the employees on certain days. Insurance was very basic, to be kind. I found our treatment by others in the hospital was overlooked by certain managers in our department. Those people had to be replaced to even get certain things done for us, and even that was not much.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo point more toward change in the department's treatment by the other staff within the hospital. Our workers are as important to the efficiency of the hospital as anyone else. Raises should be more than 15-20 cents, annually. And the insurance is more of a hindrance than a help.

Patient Access Service Rep

Patient Access Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros- Great Benefits
    -401 K
    -Opportunities to advance in the company

Cons-Pay isn't that great
    - Some Departments Management will throw you under the bus to advance their career

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they truly know the benefit of the company because they are working the line.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was a patient care technician and a Sitter for (BA-52)s while attending college for my nursing license.

PCT/Sitter (Former Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsSt. A's is my favorite hospital in St. Petersburg to work for, and I have worked at every hospital in town. They have an excellent benefit package. The employees' are helpful and cooperative.

ConsThey mostly hire R.N.s now which is good and bad. I would much rather have a military nurse or LPN with experience over a young kid out of college with only school smarts.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management needs to get more involved with employees. We need to know we are all on the same team.

It was a varied experience fo me; sometimes great, sometimes not so great.

Various Non-patient Care Positions (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsThe people who work there are for the most part dedicated and professional.

ConsThe corporate changeover was far too frequent and the hospital is very "top heavy".

Advice to Senior ManagementThe next down-sizing should be at the administrative level. The upper tiers of management are far too many and too expensive for a non-profit.

Great place to work, lots of room for promotion and continuing education.

Mental Health Technician (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsCompetitive pay, relaxed but professional environment.

ConsPay raises are determined by department performance.

The Staff are good but watch out for Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsThe staff who work there "walk on water." and are generally helpful. Sometimes the limited resources cause some people trouble and then people do not treat each other well. The management values are a good goal. The benefits are better than most employers.

ConsIn general, management does not know how or make time to treat people well. They have core values but the moment a fiscal problem occurs the the values go out the door. Management pretends to listen to the staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn general, management needs to be trained on a Quality protocol, ie. Six Sigma, and/or Project management protocols Then everyone must practice the protocol so the staff can be treated better and the work environment will be much better.

Worked for St. Anthony's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. Anthony's Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for St. Anthony's Hospital CEO Bill Ulbright. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by St. Anthony's Hospital employees.