St Camillus Health Care Center

Best Place I have Worked as A CNA

Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at St Camillus Health Care Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Extremely fair pay, safe work environment with 24/7 security, flexible schedules (as Home Health Aide anyways), fabulous residents, very clean facility, excellent management, and excelllent/hard working co-workers. People actually take care of the residents very well here, they care. Not only do they care about their residents, they care about their residents' families, their co-workers and their families, etc. It is a very tight knit family of employees at St. Camillus. I regret leaving this employer, but had to due to family circumstances. I am trying to reapply and get back in here, as I loved it so much. Also someone said poor career advancement, I would say I disagree. I worked here for six months. I put in my letter of resignation, and they said they wouldn't accept it, and begged me to stay some how but my family situation wouldn't allow it. They then offered to promote me to two different positions with better hours and pay. I think if you're a hard worker, going above and beyond the call of duty, you will have no problem moving up here.

Cons

Benefits are available but extremely expensive (I think it was a few hundred a pay period JUST for health for two people or something crazy!).
    Tattoos/piercings highly frowned upon, no matter how small
    Sometimes poor communication between departments

Work on interdepartmental communications, get better health care packages

You're better off unemployed

I have been working at St Camillus Health Care Center full-time

Pros

Nothing really, nothing at all

Cons

No training, no support from managers, very high turnover rate, unless you've been there more than ten years you will not be respected or accepted, no recognition for a job well done, expected to work 7 days a week and all holidays, no work life balance, you will not receive PTO payout when you leave, not Christian based at all, unorganized from the top down, inexperienced management, they do not follow regulations

Management refuse to listen to any employee suggestions to improve morale, decrease turnover or improve processes. You made your bed and now you have to lie in it.

A place where strife is common.

I have been working at St Camillus Health Care Center

Pros

Hired directly out of CNA program.
    Double shift available (extra income )

Cons

Interpersonal conflicts.
    Staff not getting along.
    Management unwilling/unable to rectify simple issues.

Increase base salary. Don't be so quick to slam your employees out the door.

Snotty people who like to gossip

I have been working at St Camillus Health Care Center full-time

Pros

I got a paycheck and that's about it.

Cons

Everything! They are disorganized, racist and don't have a lot of training (even though they say they do). Management talks behind people's backs. I was told they had a 39% turnover rate from someone in HR that told me, I shouldn't know this but she's gonna tell me anyways. They are supposed to be a religious organization but act far from it. They think they know what they are doing but they don't!

Actually be a part of the community instead of clinging together. Stop talking about bad employees but they will end up hearing it and you will be screwed!

Comfortable Place of Employment

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Wauwatosa, WI
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at St Camillus Health Care Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Comfortable workload, work environment. There is a strong sense of purpose among my fellow employees and I. Decent benefits, PTO accrues faster than previous jobs

Cons

I took a pay cut by accepting a job here. Policies can change pretty quickly around here. They will send staff home if there is a low census, sometimes for weeks at a time.

Twilight Zone

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at St Camillus Health Care Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the pro is that I am no longer an employee there

Cons

pay, schedule (asked to be available to work on weekends but would not pay out hourly pager pay), on call, management (lack of), corporate environment, high turnover rate, lack of growth opportunities, rigid in thinking (says they are open to change but when it comes down to it they are not willing to make changes to save time or money), very much like high school full of cliques (good luck fitting in with all the superior employees who have been there 10-30 years), the campus in general has an odd sense of entitlement, structured orientation is one day learning about the campus and the rest is figuring things out on your own, very limited guidance from management, you will be scolded when you try to directly resolve problems with coworkers or clients, when you get discharged you won't receive any of your PTO

be honest, be open to change, be realistic, be fair

Exclusive Twilight Zone Campus

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at St Camillus Health Care Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am no longer employed there and that is definitely a pro

Cons

- scheduled hours/no work life balance: You will be told the job is M-F 8-430. In real life, there are no boundaries and you will be expected to be available to work every weekend without additional on call pay.
    - on call is both triage and visit nurse position: Expect to be called called frequently and having to go out for ridiculous calls because the ongoing problems have not been addressed during the day. While you are out for visits, your phone will not stop ringing making it almost impossible to provide hands on care.
    - lack of skilled management
    - unclear job expectations
    - unrealistic job expectations: Expect to work 2-3 different positions and not have enough time to do all of your jobs.
    - corporate culture: Expect not to fit in with the old timers who have been there 10-30 years. It is not a welcoming environment. Residents in independent living have a huge sense of entitlement and are the most demanding.
    - Structured orientation: Equals one day learning about the campus and then you're left to flounder on your own. The training for their inept medical charting system was half hour with a manager and binders full of instructions.
    - no integrity: You will be told to do something. You will do it. Then you will be yelled at for doing what you were told to do in the first place.
    - turnover rate super high: No one there is willing to look at why there is high turnover.
    - not open to change/employee suggestions: You will be told that they are looking for someone flexible and willing to identify problems and help fix them. When you identify problems and bring solutions, they will tell you they are going to table the issue and it will never be addressed because 'that is the way they have always done things'.

be fair, be realistic, be understanding, be open to change, be fair to all employees, provide guidance and support, implement a real structured orientation, provide clear job expectations, hire management that has the ability to manage

It paid, nice residents..sometimes

Former Employee - Waitress in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Waitress in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at St Camillus Health Care Center part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Form good bonds with residents, money, get food sometimes

Cons

bad management, unfair coworkers and management,

Retire, giving time off= happ workers, don't sit and yell all day

Waitress: Don't do it unless you're desperate

Former Employee - Wait Staff in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Wait Staff in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at St Camillus Health Care Center part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pays, food, some decent people, wonderful residents

Cons

Insensitive coworkers, no resident should be treated the way some are treated, Insensitive supervisors, extreme case of overworked and underpaid, they will hire ANYONE, when I was hired on the spot, that made me uneasy. First strike. Lazy coworkers

Pleaseee stop being so lazy and ACTUALLY interview people, that way, youre not yelling all the time and making it hell for the decent people that work there

Work requires well over 40 hours with few benefits and no raises

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at St Camillus Health Care Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly and supportive co-workers.

Cons

No rewards or benefits and a huge turnover

The hours are unmanageable