St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

CEO

1. Nurse Practitioner

Current Employee - Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Phila, PA

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I guess you shouldn't complain because at least you have are employed. I have met some wonderful friends over the years. There are some really good doctors at the hospital.

Cons

Management is not responsive. Clinical decisions are made by non clinical folks. They don't bother to involve clinical staff in clinical decisions. Benefits are not par with other hospitals in the area. They're not very good. There is no opportunity to upgrade your benefits. There are too many people who have been there too long. Too many managers who have no management skills. Negative management style. No encouragement for staff. Little room for advancement

Advice to Management

promotion should be based on skill and not on longevity with the hospital

2. need more help

Current Employee - Administrative Programs in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative Programs in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (More than 3 years)

Pros

coworkers are nice and helpful

Cons

staff is unfriendly and unprofessional

Registered nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

The nursing staff truly cares about the patients and appropriately supporting each other.

Cons

The benefits are horrible. Administrative decisions are made without input from staff (so much for "autonomy"!). The only changes ever effected are negative decisions requiring obscure, additional paperwork - to the detriment of patient care. It's time for either unionization and/or merging with Temple.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees.

5. ER-Patient Access Rep

Current Employee - ER Patient Access Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - ER Patient Access Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always avaliable and flexible hours

Cons

Very busy, High pace and volume of work

6. Certified nursing assistant

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children part-time

Pros

It was great experience being able to to help people.

Cons

As a C.N.A. not getting the acknowledgement of the good work we did was degrading & definitely not comfortable. I loved what I did but I was not appreciated.

Advice to Management

Be loyal & truthful and I would be one of your best employees.

7. It was the biggest mistake of my life.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Less than a year)

Pros

It may look good on your resume when you leave.

Cons

I did not fine much of redeeming value there. Much hype about working for a good organization. If you are not one of the elect ( chosen) you spend much of your time watching your back.

Advice to Management

open up your eyes

Great Hospital...for some things

Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many great doctors and staff. Great orientations. Love that it's the only certified pediatric burn hospital around.

Cons

There are some specialtites that I would not bring my child to, but there are many that I would. Certain hospitals have a nitch and some you should just go elsewhere.

9. So much potential unrealized

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time

Pros

Dedicated staff, rewarding patient population, excellent team to be a member of at the employee level

Cons

Too much focus on profit and near quarter earning rather than the big picture for the future. It is a very profitable enterprise that puts too much focus on expense control to maximize profit, such that there is insufficient staff to get the job done. The new construction project appears to be done at the expense of not maintaining the existing facility.

10. Great potential but Poor leadership

I worked at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time

Pros

Really able to help the community and offers the opportunity to serve pediatric patients

Cons

The Administrative leadership is out of touch with their staff and patients. The CEO is horrible. She talks a good game but has made no improvement during her tenure.

Advice to Management

Tenet should really consider replacing their Administrative team. The team lack has a high employee turnover rate and is not held accountable for their actions and poor leadership skills.

11. Horrible Benefits

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like my co workers. They are the ones I can count on for help and support.

Cons

The healthcare benefits are the worst part about working here. I cannot afford to get exams and tests that I need because the deductible is so high. I also put off going to the doctor or filling prescriptions I need because of the high cost. I have been with the company 12 years and if things don't improve with the benefits I will look for other employment. Management is also a joke. Nurses are hired as interim managers and without any interviewing of other candidates they are hired as manages. It's not a fair hiring process

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff during the employee survey. How can a manager that has awful reviews stay in that position year after year?

RSS Feed </> Embed