St. Coletta of Wisconsin Reviews

CEO

1. Direct Support Professional

Former Employee - Logistics in Jefferson, WI
    Former Employee - Logistics in Jefferson, WI

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding and important work that you could look forward to every day. I loved supporting my client's life as they strived for the best of their abilities

Cons

Poor pay, and the company was always willing to overwork you. It got to a point with me that they simply started to not ask because I was with such a stressful client that after 40 hrs per week, I was emotionally exhausted.

Advice to Management

Increase your pay rate and you might find better candidates and experience less turnover. I saw a lot of waste at the top of the organization.

2. Its all backwards

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The individuals residing at the CILA's are amazing and make everyday worth it. Most of the houses collaborated together for events, and outings. There is a strong emphasis on individuality among community.

Cons

All of managment has tunnel vision and expects the staff to do everything with nothing. There needs to be more understanding of the bigger picture. Yes, you are there to assist the residents, but there is NO help for the staff. HR is a joke and if your not in that click, then your better off staying silent and leaving when you can.

Advice to Management

Clean House

3. Great experience!

Current Employee - DSP in Jefferson, WI
    Current Employee - DSP in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits package, great co-workers, leave work everyday feeling good about myself and the work I do! Aside from competitive health, dental and vision benefits they also offer 3 weeks of vacation right off the bat. There is also a lot of overtime available for weeks when I need some extra cash :)

Cons

Bad days can be stressful but the good days outweigh the bad days by far. Every so often I have to work with a co-worker that I don't really get along with but that's life and you'll run into that everywhere in this field. Compared to other DSP positions that I've had in the past, this company is one of the best!

Advice to Management

Instead of designating MLK day and Presidents day as holidays, maybe give two floating holidays for DSP who don't normally work on Mondays?

5. Direct Support Professional point of view

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional
    Former Employee - Direct Support Professional

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin

Pros

I was in school at the time, and working a sleep shift fit into my schedule.

Cons

I had a lot of difficulty communicating with my supervisor. She had too many houses to manage.

Advice to Management

Don't give the supervisors too much to handle.

6. Unappreciated

Current Employee - Cavegiver in Jefferson Junction, WI
    Current Employee - Cavegiver in Jefferson Junction, WI

I have been working at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients make it rewarding

Cons

The management is never around and make you work mandated OT. They never say Thank you. Most of the time you don't get your vacation because we are so short because the turnover rate is super high.

Advice to Management

They need to show some appreciation for the ones that have been there for a long time and the communication needs to be better.

7. The Not-So-Charitable Organization

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The clients were challenging but endearing

Cons

No pay raises, no job advancement, workload, unsupportive management & coworkers

Advice to Management

This non-profit organization (direct management & upper management) expects far too much from its direct care staff for the low wages they pay. I played the role of grocery shopper, accountant, cook, therapist, bather, chauffeur, teacher, nurse, and more, for only $10.50/hr for SEVEN women. Most of the time, I worked my shifts alone, or went to work in fear of being by myself, because the company's turnover was so high. There was little work/life balance due to the fact that management would call me on my days off and expect me to fill in for those who called off, or it was implied that I'd be "in trouble." At one point, a supervisor asked me to work an overnight shift (11pm-9am) immediately after working a 12-hour shift (according to the organization's policy, 16 hours is the maximum consecutive hours allowable to work). My general understanding was that no matter how much I did, it was never enough. I never felt like my work was appreciated. I also never felt like I could trust my coworkers and supervisors, or HR; the environment was very gossipy and catty. There was little to no support, and I often went home completely burnt out, crying my eyes out. This organization is based and directed from Jefferson, WI, and due to its distance, I feel like a lot of things in the Rolling Meadows division got swept under the rug and out of sight from Jefferson. Although this job was extremely challenging, I loved the clients that I worked with (even though they could be challenging, too). I still think of them almost a year later and wonder how they're doing. I wish that I could have done more for them, but the organization did not provide the resources.

8. Not worth it

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Jefferson, WI
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Jefferson, WI

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People were nice Leadership were OK

Cons

HR Dept was unreliable Did not offer enough training

Advice to Management

Find reliable HR Generalists that care.

9. Horrible Place to Work! Run!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The clients they support are wonderful.

Cons

Horrible pay, non-existent and/or unaffordable benefits, no raises, and incompetent leadership team in Wisconsin. Leadership is not progressive and stuck in their ways. They do not consider employee input for improvements; they make decisions in a vacuum. Illinois employees are treated like second class citizens. Employees are treated as expendable garbage. Turnover is upwards of 60%, and there is a reason why. The whole environment is toxic! Run, do not walk, away from this organization. They have plenty of competitors in the area who treat employees better. The place is run by a bunch of clowns. Oh, and they don't REALLY care about the clients; it's all an act to protect their image.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes! People do not leave because they were not a good fit. Take proactive action in solving the problems and people may want to stay longer.

10. Great people

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Long term employees who care for residents Service oriented

Cons

This community is in rural area

11. Amazing learning experiance

Former Employee - In Home Aide in Jefferson, WI
    Former Employee - In Home Aide in Jefferson, WI

I worked at St. Coletta of Wisconsin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients are amazing, great to care for.

Cons

The politics and how management treats direct care workers.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, the are the ones working with the clients not the people sitting in the office!

RSS Feed </> Embed