St. Joe

Add Photos

St. Joe Chairman Bruce R. Berkowitz

Bruce R. Berkowitz

Great Place to Work...Before the Downturn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBefore 2005, St. Joe was a great place to work. My imput on things that involved the sales department was always considered. The employees were great from the CEO to the cleaning staff, which fostered a wonderful corporate culture. The salary and benefits were above industry standards and upper management gave clear direction without micro-managing.

ConsPost 2004, things became very tense. There were several downsizing events that were hugely damaging to morale. There was no job security and management was not trusted.

In the past 3 years there has been a hugh shakeup with the company. Upper management and most of the board of directors has changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise the new executive managers to keep customer satisfaction and employee morale a driving factor in policy decisions.

Great Learning Experience

Manager (Former Employee) Santa Rosa Beach, FL

ProsGreat benefits, beautiful job setting.

ConsManagement personnel are always changing. No consistency.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage and coach your people.

All for show....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsWhen I started with St. Joe they were one of the top employers in the nation. Great 401k, pension, health, time off. Stock values where high, money was plentiful for projects. The feel of a perfect little communitiy was ever present.

ConsStock value dropped, hostile takeovers in upper management, the Disney inspired ruse was soon shattered by lack of capital. The housing market burst and it was over... I saw talented employees released without a second thought, it was everyone for themselves in the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you own 3% of a State (estimated holdings of St. Joe), that does not mean you control the market. I was but a low person on the Joe "food chain", yet I knew going in that a couple barely making 75K a year should not be in a 500k home. Advice to Management? Stop thinking you control the market and believing you own BS. If someone had been paying attention to the market and not what Joe perported the market to be I would imagine the company would be in much better shape.

Worked for St. Joe? Contribute to the Community!