St. John's Mercy Health Care

AO time

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist  in  Washington, MO
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Washington, MO

I have been working at St. John's Mercy Health Care

Pros

Provides a variety of opportunities within the system, offers flexible hours

Cons

fluctuation in patient census and therefore in hours available

Offer compensation for AO'ed time when census is down

Wages

Former Employee - RN Staff Cardiac  in  Novi, MI
    Former Employee - RN Staff Cardiac in Novi, MI

I worked at St. John's Mercy Health Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice new modern facility. Great location

Cons

Lower than normal, compared to area hospitals

Micro manage, too many chiefs, not enough indians!

This place is a sweatshop

Former Employee - Patient Service Representative  in  Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at St. John's Mercy Health Care

Pros

Good benefits, but that doesn't put food on the table

Cons

Horrible salaries (barely above minimum wage) for what is expected of workers. They expect mass production served up with a positive attitude & smile. Otherwise you're written up with warnings. Or lectured every other day in staff meetings about how bad their "ratings" are b/c of negative comment cards from patients. Favoritism runs rampant among supervisors and their "buddy" subordinates. Combine that with co-workers being overworked and underpaid - all that does is produce envy, strife and downright resentment within the entire workplace.

Quit spending billions of dollars on your "image" i.e. renovated opulent lobbys and convention room facilities and spend more on your workers' salarys that are busting their butts to accommodate your pristine "image"

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok for a short-term job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Joplin, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

I have been working at St. John's Mercy Health Care

Pros

Decent benefit package
    Most staff are friendly

Cons

Strange promotion policies and guidelines
    Policies and Procedures allow for to much "gray area"

Work the floors and see what patients and staff really think.

St. John's Mercy HealthCare Very Stressful Place to Work

Current Employee - Medical Office Manager
    Current Employee - Medical Office Manager

I have been working at St. John's Mercy Health Care

Pros

St. John's offers a great benefit package. They also adhere to strict requirements for quality patient care.

Cons

VERY unreasonable expectations. They proclaim to be concerned about their employees, but I have been required to cancel a vacation to attend a training session. It has been a very difficult period of time over the past couple of years, and will be for the next couple of years, in our transition to a new electronic medical record system. It has been stressful and exhausting. In my position I am salaried and have had to work MANY hours of unpaid time - not to do MY work, but filling in for other vacant positions.

LISTEN to middle managers and not be so arbitrary. There is a very harsh attitude about deadlines and reports that take up time that we need to be spending TAKING CARE OF PEOPLE.

Great benefits, lousy pay

Former Employee - Patient Service Representative  in  Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at St. John's Mercy Health Care

Pros

The benefits are great. They carry their own health plan, so the medical coverage is excellent. And there is a great program for time off. An employee accrues hours per time period, about 4 per month.

Cons

The pay is not very good. Springfield is a depressed area, so even though the doctors are making a great wage, the support staff is not.

Promote people to management who have the intention of staying in one place for a while. I had 4 managers in 2 years working in my position. That's when there was a manager present.

St John's Mercy is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Supervisor, Patient Accounts  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Supervisor, Patient Accounts in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at St. John's Mercy Health Care

Pros

St John's is very committed to the growth of their employees and is constantly seeking ways to improve both the patient experience and the co-worker experience. Everyone is part of a team environment and each department learns not only their responsibilities, but the responsibilities of other departments that they interact with. In addition there are opportunities for additional education and training provided on a regular basis through standardized programs and co-worker created presentations. All co-workers are encouraged to participate in training and development programs and encouraged to contribute suggestions and ideas for future programs or ways to improve the work environment.

Cons

There is a fair amount of nepotism that has been exhibited throughout various departments in the company, despite rules in place to prevent such problems. In recent years this had decreased but it is still present and continues to cause unrest in various co-workers.

Pay more attention to attendance and and productivity of middle and lower management and seek the original source of your requested data to be sure that projects are being completed by the party who was assigned the task.

I was very happy at St. Johns Mercy. I found it an exceptionally good place to work.

I worked at St. John's Mercy Health Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

the people, the benefits, and the chances to advance

Cons

Management needs to know how to train people better.

Learn to work with the employees to advance them. You have a valuable resource there.

Good place to work

I worked at St. John's Mercy Health Care

Pros

Pay for managers is fair. Benefits are ok except for 401k match. Most co-workers are wonderful to work with. Nepotism is approved of my management.

Cons

401k match is insufficient. Lots of family members employed in management positions straight out of college. Too many meetings. The sisters are losing their voice in the management.

You need to pay non exempt co workers more money if you want to attract talented employees that can move up the ladder someday.

Worked for St. John's Mercy Health Care? Contribute to the Community!