St. Joseph Health System Reviews

Reset

1. It at Covenant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, salary, good work place

Cons

bad boss, bad organization as whole

2. Committed to their nurses

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nurses really do have a say in the structure of the nursing system

Cons

The pay at St. Joseph's is comparatively low and they do not compensate for experience

Advice to Management

Pay people for their experience. We have nurses coming in directly from nursing school without any experience at all and they are making about $2-3 less than nurses with 7-10 years of experience. I think a salary adjustment based on experience is needed to retained experienced employees.

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System

Pros

Everybody has a job and knows how to do it. it's busy all the time and there are no silly committees.

Cons

Sometimes the workload is overwhelming.

5. I worked there for over 8 years

Former Employee - Manager PAS in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager PAS in Atlanta, GA

I worked at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent patient care. The doctors and nurses are awesome. The team I worked with in registration are some of the best people I've had the pleasure to work with.

Cons

When Emory took over upper management changed. The moral of staff went down and Emory's management didn't care. They added supervisors and deleted managers. Now that the complaint are rolling in they are hiring managers again. Wow they deleted my job for what?

Advice to Management

Care about your staff. Happy staff happy patients. Everyone is on edge and it's hard to work well like that.

Decent place to work, nice employees, low turn-over.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent healthcare benefits. Generous PTO and education reimbursement. Employee wellness incentive programs in place. Gym membership reimbursement. Company fosters continuing education. Flexible hours - willing to accomodate changes in personal schedule.

Cons

Pay was not competitive with other major hospitals such as Sutter or Kaiser. In fact, most positions paid an average of 15-30% lower than those at Kaiser and Sutter.

Very tough to move up career ladder at this hospital. Management and supervisor positions in my department were all held by employees who had been there 15+ years.

Lots of union/labor issues. Complaints and drama amongst employees made the environment feel toxic and unprofessional many times.

Administration seemed to be constantly downsizing departments during my time there.

Advice to Management

Offer employees more clear pathways to advancement. Management needs to recognize employees for their hard work and ensure that hard work, effort, and dedication is rewarded with promotion and pay increase. It isn't enough to just say "thank you" in the annual review.

7. Went from Good to bad to ugly.

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good team I work with, when were not pulled or floated somewhere else. Insurance and benefits are ok.

Cons

Always understaffed. Overworked and underpaid. No management; never know whose running the place. Never listen to employees and keep on adding more and more paperwork and computer work. Making no time for patient care.

Advice to Management

Get it together.

8. RN

I worked at St. Joseph Health System

Pros

Self scheduling was nice to have.

Cons

Unsafe pt nurse ratio was common.

9. Hoped to work at St. Joseph Health System for many years

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Anaheim, CA

I worked at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many of the employees are great team players, supportive and knowledgeable. The values that employees are expected to uphold encourage strong faith and charity.

Cons

Management encourages and then does the opposite of what they expect from employees. They promise new initiatives and programs to encourage growth and then they make hasty cuts.

Advice to Management

Leadership/executive management should be held to a higher standard for the decisions they make their employees and the health system as a whole.

10. The Sisters and colleagues were fantastic, my immediate supervisor? Not so much.

Former Employee - Marketing Communication Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Communication Specialist in Irvine, CA

I worked at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The belief system that the Sisters developed was great. I only wish everyone followed them.

Cons

There was no room for advancement and my immediate supervisor was not flexible with deadlines.

11. Poor place of employment in a beautiful part of the state.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Eureka, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Eureka, CA

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly, hardworking and dedicated staff. Four core values of dignity, justice, service and excellence are noble. The hospital's location is in a beautiful part of the state.

Cons

Low employee morale,very high turnover and poor management. Every year the corporation takes away more employee benefits and raises are rare unless you are in a union.

Advice to Management

There is a lack of leadership. If management put even half the amount of effort into the staff that they put into increasing their patient satisfaction scores, the scores might increase!

RSS Feed </> Embed