St. Joseph Medical Center

Add Photos

Jeffrey K. Norman

interesting

House Keeper (Former Employee) Yonkers, NY

Prosfriendly work environment, encouraging staff

Consupper management played favorites with employees

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak to employees more

Staff is not supported

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBenefits are good, great co-workers to be with, Mission and Vision statement is a basis to follow

ConsNo opportunity for advancement. No support from Administration for the employees. Administration is never seen nor do the employees know their names. The Administrators do not follow the Mission and Vision statement. Staffing is at a critical level in a number of departments which does not deliver good, safe patient care.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees especially the April 2014 Employee Satisfaction Survey. The employee moral is critically low which is not good for patient care. Start having the Quarterly TownHall meeting again and truly listen to the employees' comments and take action keeping all informed of the progress.

Great place to work

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Mount Sterling, KY

ProsVery Nice work environment, everyone very helpful and friendly

Conslots of call's in the ER

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RN position

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat coworkers. learn a lot.

Consbenefits, politics, lack of supplies

St. Joseph Medical Center has the most dedicated, compassionate people in town! They make it a great place to work!

Director (Former Employee)

ProsIt's the skilled and talented professionals who make this an incredible place to come to for medical care. Keep St. Joseph in mind when you need quality healthcare.

ConsWatching the dedicated staff walk off into retirement; missing their years of knowledge and leadership - but leaving an opportunity for those who come behind them.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare your thoughts, vision, and plans at every opportunity - both inside and outside the house.

St. Joseph Medical Center talks but most importantly, walks their mission statement.

Registered Nurses (Former Employee) Tacoma, WA

ProsThis system is clearly patient focused and departments work well together.

ConsThey tend not to support RN staff into leadership positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above.

Great for a hospital

Report Developer (Current Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsVery focused on the patient and patient care

ConsHR goes back on their word
    Lower salary as compared to comparable jobs at other jobs
    Not very much opportunity

respectful

Payroll Technician (Former Employee) Stockton, CA

Prosgood environment to work in.

Consmany changes are occuring and there have been many lay-offs.

New Lab Employee

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) Towson, MD

ProsPeople are friendly. Pay is not bad. Pretty happy overall with the new job, but management was not upfront about everything in the interview. They're willing to work with you, but you have to stand up for yourself and push them a little bit to get it done. I like that they give you a lot of freedom and independence to do your work the way you feel is right, but they also have good procedures in place to guide you in the right direction as well.

ConsThe layoffs and financial worries created some drama, because again, management wasn't upfront about it and therefore rumors were flying around.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more truthful and upfront in interviews and increase communication to decrease negativity

Impossible to reach pay scale

House Keeping (Former Employee)

ProsI worked at St. josephs hospital cleaning patient rooms I enjoyed meeting the elderly people and it was generally good employees to work with. I meet some good friends that I stay in contact with to this day.

ConsSaint Josephs hospital advertises that they will pay you a certain amount of money based on reviews. One employee was there for twenty three years and did not reach the highest pay. You only get one holiday off a year and worked every other weekend. This is a job that ask a lot but offers little in return I made under eight fifty an hour. You have to run a buffer in patients rooms and there is a lot of work on one person. They gave us a pager and it was blowing up with calls and you where often approached at lunch breaks and told to stop eating to go clean something.

Advice to Senior ManagementThese cleaning people should be paid like a doctor! give them at least ten dollars and hour. And treat them like human beings. Maybe you wont have such a high turn over if you hire enough workers instead of asking to much for nothing .

Worked for St. Joseph Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!