St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center

3.1

Theodore M. Pasinski

Good place to work

I worked at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center

Pros

Great people, self scheduling

Cons

understaffed, constant cut backs that can compromise safe patient care

Spend more on being fully staffed than renovations. Its nice to have a beautiful hospital but people prefer a safe one where staff isn't stretched and stressed.

Good so far, has good starting pay for behavioral health however few opportunities for raises/upward mobility.

Current Employee - Behavioral Health Counselor in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Behavioral Health Counselor in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is good, pay is fairly good, they acknowledge hard workers and provide an open forum for issues you may have.

Cons

Raises are very rare, promotions even less so, i suppose if thats the worst of it its not so bad.

Over the last 3-4 years the way employees are treated has become despicable

I have been working at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and vacation time, new modern buildings, matched 401K, 403b, onsite parking. Coworkers for the most part are competent

Cons

Administration is not supportive of their staff in that schedules are changed with little notice and if you speak up they question your integrity. Staff do not feel valued and communication from coordinators and directors is very poor. No raise for over 2 years but they continue to expand and remodel.

Find ways to communicate better and show the staff some respect, and acknowledge their value to the organization

Mission is a joke

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Job security, diverse patient population. The co workers that really care help. Unfortunately becoming few and far between.

Cons

I find it hypocritical that st joes constantly talks about their vision and values when all they care about is the almighty dollar. No sick time, poor communication skills in management, and staff is not valued. Very much the you don't like it go somewhere else attitude.

Make employees part of the process since changes will be affecting them the most. When there will be change advise the staff don't just give them attitude when they ask about it. Give your employees done sick time. We get sick, we work with sick people.

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Liverpool, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Liverpool, NY

I worked at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The new supervisor, Keith, is great and treats people really well. If you work during the daytime you will take a lot of calls, so if you like being really busy you will be happy with the workload.

Cons

I was told by HR, when I was hired, that there would be raises. And since I work online to supplement my income I thought I could hang in there at $10.10 an hour for a little while and then move up within the company,and thought certainly the raises would come. Nope, no raises in three years for anyone. They just don't pay well period. I was not learning anything new, was not growing, so I left.

You've got a great new supervisor now, and Terry was also doing a great job, too! Support your supervisor and recognize the good work that people do in the call center. Give them raises and more paid time off.

My experience working at St. Joseph's was moderate-not excellent, but not bad.

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I liked working with different patients, a lot of the staff were helpful and nice.

Cons

High stress, frustrating staff to work with

Don't promise positions to people and then take them away last minute.

Great People, but a real lack of direction from Management

Current Employee - Analyst in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in Syracuse, NY

Pros

Some of the best co-workers, most clinical area's are modern, but business office are not so.

Cons

Real lack of management, from Manager up to VP. Many have no computer skills, can't create a project plan or even an agenda for a meeting. Many have been in their jobs for years and don't want to think out side the box or do anything but glide thru day to day

CLEAN HOUSE

It was a better place to work a few years ago

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

Pros

My co-workers are great
    They are competitive with the pay.

Cons

Administration doesn't listen to. Staff
    Everyday is filled with uncertainty

Listen to your staff

Great Place to work

Former Employee - Staff RN in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Denver, CO

I worked at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

New hospital coming soon. Friendly employees. Great place for advancement. Great benefits

Cons

Since leaving, I heard the health benefits are not as good as they used to be

Excellent Caring People

Current Employee - Coordinator in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Syracuse, NY

Pros

Great Place to work, caring people and friendly atmosphere, They care about their employees and will give you a chance to work out issues. Also they have great benefits

Cons

Slow pay raises. used to be .25 to .50 cents for a raise? not even close to cost of living increases

Listen to your employees more, they can be stanch at times, and only have tunnel vision as to ways to get things accomplished

St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center Photos