St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Reviews in Memphis, TN

Updated Jul 11, 2014

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital CEO William E. Evans

William E. Evans

Pros
  • They offer great benefits and several employee perks (in 6 reviews)

• Wonderful work environment, feel like part of a team (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Human resources department is very fair and balances out these disparities in style of working among departments as much as possible (in 3 reviews)

• Demanding work schedule and long hours (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights
56 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsWonderful work environment, feel like part of a team.

ConsOften periods of high stress and long hours, but this is balanced against the ultimate outcome of knowing you are contributing positively to biomedical research.

Hope is palpable at every level of this establishment

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

Pros-Very tight-knit community, especially among the labs in various departments
    -Motivating culture
    -Opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world

Cons-Could use higher salary for laboratory assistant positions

Advice to Senior Management-None

an honor to serve here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

Prosat the end of my life I will have made a difference that I can be proud of. Benefits are the best I have ever seen. CEO is a true servant leader.

Consfor someone coming from a publicly traded company (or anything other than a non-profit), making the transition to a non-profit culture can be more of a challenge than what you would expect.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to encourage open discussion, transparency, shared accountability, collaboration. train middle management. hire the best talent. expose as many employees as possible to c-suite leadership on regular basis for inspiration and encouragement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience. Employees really love their jobs.

Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsBenefits start your first day of work. Excellent mentors ranging from clinicians to scientists.

ConsWorking in a hospital means that there are sick children all around you. Sometimes seeing them can make you sad but you still remember that is why you are here no matter your specific job title.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone!

Its good place to work

Research Technologist (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsVery good vacation, benefits, work ethics..and PI is good and understanding

ConsYearly hike is less, won't get holidays even if weather is bad/snowstorm coz it is a hospital

Advice to Senior Managementnothing as such

Research intensive, but friendly atmosphere and dedicated people due to mission.

Research Technologist (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGenuine people, hard working, dedicated. Cannot ask more from those who work at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The atmosphere and children make it all work while

ConsCompetetive, yet rewarding experience for all

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

St. Jude is an awesome place to work for and without a doubt the most rewarding job ever.

Research Technologist (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsSt. Jude has a very close knit working environment. Everybody works together and in collaboration to accomplish their goals.

ConsMemphis is not the best of places to live and some jobs within the hospital can be hard and emotionally challenging.

Great place to work

Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe organization does truly support its mission to find cures for childhood cancers and catastrophic diseases

ConsSlightly limited in career opportunities for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementDifferent managers have different styles due to the diversity of staff but generally fair so keep it up.

Excellent place to work, but there are always bad apples.

Research Technologist (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsSt Jude is very proud of its employees and frequently has employee appreciation events. They have a great mission, wonderful state-of-the-art facilities, and are constantly improving those facilities. Not to mention, you are helping to cure kids!

ConsI worked on the research end of the company, and although there is a lot of really good science going on, there is some bad science as well. I got involved with a bad fit as my first "real job" out of college. It literally drained my love of science out of me.

Great place to work!!

Compliance (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsSJCRH has a wonderful environment. The culture, vision and values are always on display.

ConsIt may be difficult at times to see so many sick children.

Worked for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital? Contribute to the Community!