St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

47 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work!!

Compliance (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time for more than a year

ProsSJCRH has a wonderful environment. The culture, vision and values are always on display.

ConsIt may be difficult at times to see so many sick children.

Great

Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIntelligent colleagues and great cores

ConsMemphis is not the best city

Great institution and great mission.

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

ProsGreat mission. Awesome cafeteria. Usually good office space and work environment. Good volunteering opportunities. Very flexible and generous vacation and time off program. Very good retirement plan and benefits.

ConsLess transparency from senior management. Less career oppurtunity and development.

Wonderful institution

Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWe have a shared mission and the majority of employees truly care about this - it is more than a job here. We see sick children every day and it helps keep the focus on why we are here. The benefits are excellent - health benefits are top notch, vacation time and sick time are generous. Work/life balance is encouraged. HR tries to raise the bar in immigration, benefits, recruiting and retention. Collaboration is strong at St. Jude. Top research and clinical care are the priority every day.

ConsChallenges include management that needs more training in leadership. Politics can be higher here due to the strong academic nature of the work. Disparity among the departments - some are terrific and others need help so the employee experience varies based on where one works.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet standards for PIs and management that raise the overall bar of running departments; promotions are given to those who have been here a long time but many don't know much about how to manage so the gap remains. Shortening the gap of skill in this area should be a priority.

great place to do your postdoctoral fellowship

Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time for more than a year

Prosis a great place to be a postdoc, the average pay combined with the low cost of living makes your salary go far. All the fellow community is very friendly and you can send mass emails asking questions or asking for reagents and someone always answers. it is pretty cool.

Consit is in memphis. not such a cool city

Postdoc: Great place to train!

Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

ProsFantastic Resources, higher than average salary, good benefits, a lot of support

ConsVaries by lab-- competitive, long hours

Clear Mission

Director (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDedicated people who support the mission

ConsWork-life balance can be a problem, Salaries sometimes lag peer institutions

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify

Some of the nicest people I've ever known, working for the best cause ever. A wonderful experience, in every aspect.

Copy Editor/Proofreader (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsGenerous, altruistic people; great cause; high yet realistic expectations. Never had an issue working for the DM group... Wonderful people.

ConsI have nothing bad to say about this organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great leadership.

The BEST!

RN-BSN (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBest job in the world of nursing

ConsSometimes difficult and heartbreaking, but rewarding

Amazing mission that is shared by all employees from cafeteria employees to scientists and physicians

Physician (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHelp advance cancer research and care, excellent camaraderie and shared mission; on site exercise facility and on-site daycare

ConsMemphis is not the most pleasant place to live; to have good schools you need to live pretty far out in Germantown, which is a 40 minute drive from the hospital

Advice to Senior Managementimprove salaries to help attract more talent

Worked for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital reviews and ratings in Memphis, TN — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital CEO William E. Evans. All 47 reviews posted anonymously by St. Jude Children's Research Hospital employees.