St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
4.3

James Downing

Pros
  • They offer great benefits and several employee perks (in 6 reviews)

• Great place to work, great science, great facilities (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Human resources department is very fair and balances out these disparities in style of working among departments as much as possible (in 3 reviews)

• Demanding work schedule and long hours (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I have learned a great deal and had the privilege of working with many talented, experienced professionals.

Current Employee - Senior Scientist GMP Manufacturing in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist GMP Manufacturing in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good hours. Decent salary. Good experience. Independence.

Cons

There are no major cons I can think of.

Best place to work!

Former Employee - Graduate Student
    Former Employee - Graduate Student

I worked at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Pros

I worked here for a graduate assistantship. I loved every minute. The staff at SJ really focuses on the care of the children and management does a great deal to show the employees how special they are and how much they are needed. Great place.

Cons

Some people have problems seeing children ill, if you are one of those people, I'd pick another employer. There are areas where you can work that will limit your experience with that though.

great place to work for

Current Employee - Research Associate in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

research resources and great environment

Cons

no negative so far as I saw

Employees who got promoted by Stjude hospital management / or ALSAC board - needs review, investigation, prosecutions.

Former Employee - Information Technology Staff in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Information Technology Staff in Memphis, TN

I worked at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a Children's Research Hospital mismanaging donations in millions by public in USA with the blessings of bad management to fool public to give more and more millions of dollars more donations....it's pathetic to see this corruption grow everyday!

Cons

Hospital is getting donations by systematic propaganda by current ALSAC, Memphis, TN. However, current hospital management is not reliable according to fellow employee(s) experience over years. Top level is made up of families (can provide names) for decades and they made good employees' contributions to the hospital miserable by violating US labor, compliance, and work place bullying with the blessings of current hospital and HR management staff who are friends for many decades at Stjude - very disgusting to experience.

If corrupted institutions, in my opinion, new young talent must replace the management staff in both institutions. Oldies, you all either go home or prison!...investigation only will determine in a civilized world of your destination!

Great Work place…with amazing benefits.

Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Work place and an amazing mission " Finding cures and saving children".

Cons

immediate supervisors need to focus on implementing the projects than finding ways of how not to do it. Very slow execution.

Make it little more agile environment , especially in iT projects.

its okay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time

Pros

The mission of helping sick children is of course a big bonus. Pay is okay. Parking is free. There is a gym.

Cons

I am not sure how it is one of the "100 Best Places to Work". Other than the mission, there is nothing too exceptional about working there. Salary and benefits are pretty standard.

Image is not everything. Sometimes doing the right thing is more important.

CRA

Current Employee - CRA in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - CRA in Memphis, TN

Pros

I joined from an academic institution. The benefits are pretty good. I feel that my work is so worthy and important.

Cons

Some offices have too much politics. There is no maternity leave in this hospital. The jobs are not stable.

Depends...

Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You have all the materials and needs met in order to perform your work.

Cons

Having a "good" experience is dependent upon your program/department and who manager is.

Less micromanagement, more autonomy

Horrible organization, full of backstabbers and liars

Former Employee - IT Department in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - IT Department in Memphis, TN

I worked at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None - There are no "Pros" for working at St. Jude. it is a company full of liars, backstabbers, hypocrites, and far worse.

Cons

Watch your back and trust absolutely no one there! Do not consider anybody to be your friend. Go to work, work, go home and don't give the place a second thought, because they WILL throw you under the bus the first chance they get.

Quit masquerading as a Christian organization while fleecing money from donors that think they are donating it for the cure of cancer. St. Jude is nothing but a scam where the money goes to pad the pockets of the managers.

Amazing with a few glitches

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Pros

Unlimited options for experiment designs and analyses

Cons

Hard to deal with coming up with an idea to help the lab, he turned down my principal investigator and then asked to do the second experiment 2 years later

Listen to your research techs and Postdoc, they know your lab best bc they work in it on a daily basis

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Photos