St. Luke's Health System

Updated Jul 21, 2014

David C. Pate

Love this place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsSt. Luke's has a plan to take care forward.

ConsSometimes the red tape gets in the way of progress. But at least this organization is locally governed.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a sustainability department.

Great place to be unaccountable

ProsGenerous PTO, work-life balance. If you want job security without having to be held accountable, this is a great place for you.

Conspolitics and director level leadership that is not accountable. A lot of areas allow "coasters". Alot of time and meetings spend seeking consensus and making sure everyone is happy as opposed to acting and making decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on what you want to do and do it! Hold the managers and directors making 6 figures accountable or get rid of them.

Could be a GREAT place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsGreat location. Most staff want the best for our customers.

ConsLack of integrity at senior leadership levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of employees. Don't bend the rules to work around board limits.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A bit political

Manager (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsSome providers and clinicians are super and patient focused.

ConsLeadership gaps in integrity and patient focus

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign with the mission...start by serving employees in the region. Get rid of practices and people who are not aligned and honest

Interview

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation was reasonable, benefits are ok.

ConsHours. Going home early on slow days, not getting enough hours in. Bad communication Very unstable environment.

Great people to work for

EMR Data Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsSt. Luke's has good benefits and hire some great people. They are very employee centered so once you are "in" at St. Luke's it is easy to move around within the company and grow. Don't have strict policies or micro-managers. Instead believe in that their employees are doing their best.

ConsDon't have the most competitive salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your employees to move up and not stay stagnant.

Truly transforming healthcare but forgetting to hold on to talent within

Patient Access Services (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsA great work environment and some of the friendliest capable people I have ever worked with

ConsAlthough they have a goal to transform healthcare they like many other large organizations are stuck in an industrial era HR model that doesn't reward and incentivize linchpins who can make real changes to stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreakdown the traditional factory style HR structure and promote incentivize true artists (see Seth Godin's Linchpin). For the most part HR is in its own silo that works counter to the vision and work of the managers actually seeking talent.

Great!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Twin Falls, ID

ProsGreat culture, shared governance, rotating shifts.

Conslocation is difficult, hard to find housing.

Great opportunity for learning.

CNA (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsGreat opportunities for advancement as an RN. Large corporation, so benefits are fantastic.

ConsSome of the long term nurses are belittling to both new nurses and CNA's.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeek in on floor managers more often. Some spend all day behind their desk and are never on the floor unless they know upper management will be on the floor.

Company getting too big, too many chiefs not enough indians...forgot how to value employees

Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsThey have good employees that know what they are doing. Good benefits

ConsPoor management, managers that are passive/aggressive or flat don't know what they are doing. I was an employee for 14 years and got with a manager that micro managed and constantly bullied. Worked with that manager for 7 months and was fired and the company was not smart enough to look back at my history with them to see that the manager could be the problem...they lost a good employee!

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe you should not have to have 3 managers for 7 employees which was what my particular department had. Maybe you should have one manager that knows exactly what is going on and doesn't depend on someone else and their opinion of an employee but makes that opinion for herself. Not one time did I talk to the head manager...everything was done through the third manager down.

Worked for St. Luke's Health System? Contribute to the Community!