St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network

1. cardiologist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network full-time

Pros

fair, cordial environment, topnotch facilities, great ancillary staff, friendly management

Cons

long hours, cutbacks, work/life balance sometimes difficult

2. Sterile Processing Tech

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearview Cty, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearview Cty, KS

I worked at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No good no goodat all

Cons

No good at all.No good No Good

Advice to Management

Care for your employees. No No

3. Great co-workers. Little pay and management needs restructuring.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They tend to be up to date with their education and use of evidenced based practice. Optional self schedule is nice. Co-workers are great.

Cons

Pay is low for the area. Nurses are treated like a number. Survey results from patients dictate which nurses are the best and doing things "right".

Advice to Management

Please listen to staff on all levels. Nurses need a pay increase as well as to be recognized for their hard work! Ignorance is noted!

RN Intensive Care Unit

I worked at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network

Pros

Talented, caring staff. Nurses truly care about patients. Managers go to bat for staff. Doctors have great relationships with ICU RNs- much respect. Great teaching hospital.

Cons

Understaffed- to the point of dangerous patient care. Low hourly wage. Poor upper management of hospital.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff. The amount of testing and supplies that are resources wasted could afford several more nurses.

Average place to work

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Overland Park, KS

I worked at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Equipment update and always looking to improve. Several hospitals in the area and if you work PRN there tend to be a lot of hours to pick up.

Cons

Salary is below average. Management doesn't want to get involved with issues and tend to let the staff work it out. Hire students in at lower pay and then wonder why they get below par output. Need more senior staffing.

Advice to Management

Takes a lot to be heard and even more to get something done.

7. Overall grateful to have been employed for an organization that is community centered

I have been working at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network

Pros

Having management that allowed for creative expansion and personal growth. Receiving regular reviews and increases that demonstrated my value.

Cons

Was often shifted between responsibilities outside my job scope, provided little training and management shifted frequently.

Advice to Management

Decide on how to cultivate personal growth amongst employees and bring a purposed direction to the department as to add organizational value.

8. Inadequate management

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits package

Cons

In my department, they don't train new hires properly. They have them sit with someone for a few days and then expect the new hire to know everything and be proficient. I don't know how my manager keeps her job. She is the worst manager I've ever had. Very inadequate. Has no idea what's going on half the time. There is no chance for advancement. HR is a joke. They certainly don't honor seniority. Certain employees sit around texting, surfing the net, watching movies etc while others are expected to keep busy at all times. It's like a 3 ring circus. It's all about who you know.

Advice to Management

LISTEN to your employees when we tell you something in the employee survey. There is no way to say something anonymously to upper management without putting your job in jeopardy.

not a great place to work, horrible co-workers

Current Employee - Data Center Technician in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Data Center Technician in Boise, ID

I have been working at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

they pay well if you like being abused

Cons

managers are idiots and treat people bad

Advice to Management

stop treating people like a number

10. IT Workers Review

I have been working at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network

Pros

Benefits and a few of the coworkers. The feeling you are helping people get well quickly, not just fattening a bank account

Cons

Horrible pay for IT, heard the "but we are a non profit" line all the time. It managers are a little click that really don't like other people and will not pay you close to what you are worth. Don't speak up retaliation is rampant. Hard workers are rewarded with being asked to work more and have more projects. Can't tell you how many promises for a bonus I heard over the last 8 years, only to be told sorry we need to pay for this new bright and shiny thing a doctor wants! Operations and infrastructure Sr. and Jr. managers are insane and have no respect for their employees and what they have to offer. We got a big project of epic size and we signed up, after all was said and done, they come back and say "oh, we forgot to tell you you need to work a minimum of 60 hours a week, no pay increase" contact signed then they changed the rules!!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM IT THEY WILL BURN YOU OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Get your pay scale inline and slow down implementing anything and everything, you don't care who you burn out. Look at your it people and compensate them all for the work they do not just what HR says they should be paid according to their 1984 pay scale. If your low level employees complain it is for a good reason and should not be brushed off!!!

11. Focus on Health & Wellness

Former Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN

I worked at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, part of the few well paying employers in this community

Cons

You don't need to be for-profit in order to be money-driven. Another unenlightened example of the "healthcare industrial complex." Too much emphasis on the white coats while nurses are just cogs in the wheel, widget-makers. But on the other hand, this place is no different from any other healthcare institution. Dear nurses: good luck trying to find greener grass. It's a societal problem. We nurses need to reinvent ourselves and take the power back.

Advice to Management

Empower the nurses. Get rid of the local TV commercial that glorifies the white coats and that smugly states, "1 in 3 people will be diagnosed with cancer." It's an assertion that all in the healthcare business should be ashamed of. It sends the wrong Message that, as a whole, the institution might have failed in its job of health promotion and disease prevention. This model of problem-fixing will not sustain you for long. Stop trying to be a hotel.

RSS Feed </> Embed