St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children

Updated July 30, 2014

3.7

CEO

Staff

I have been working at St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The children, supportive team players, supervisors very helpful.

Cons

If your not organized you can easily become overwhelmed . No raises for community staff because no union like the hospital employees! To much gossiping rather than working which makes it bad for those of us who do our jobs!

Let the winers go don't ask them to stay. They only create more work for others.

beautiful skilled nursing facility for children horrible management

I worked at St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children

Pros

the work with children and rehab therapists are excellent

Cons

high school mentality . It is organization based on who likes you and who does not. If your boss does not like you do not expect to stay long.

It is a company that is a machhine. Do your work, do not make friends, do not shgare personal info, talk only if spoken too, clock in and clock out. It is not an employee focused company. Human Resources are not there for you. If that is what you are looking for you will succeed at this orgnization.

Worked as a paraprofessional in the Education Department

Former Employee - Paraprofessional  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Paraprofessional in New York, NY

I worked at St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great experience if you are in the health/education field for medically fragile children while in school, hours 9-2

Cons

per diem; long waits for children who are bussed in every morning and afternoon; heavy lifting for wheelchair bound children

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You get to see a wide variety of cases

Current Employee - Speech Pathologist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Speech Pathologist in New York, NY

I have been working at St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule. Basically you can make your own hours.

Cons

Driving around in your car can be lonely

My experience at St. Mary's has been both rewarding and challenging.

I have been working at St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children

Pros

We are responsible for caring for over 3,000 children with special needs in the community and we do an excellent job.

Cons

Healthcare has been very challenging due to budget cuts and this has affected St. Mary's operationally.

Board Members should have terms to their tenure; prolonged instability at Senior Management is not good; CFO's should have knowledge and experience for the type of organization they are hired into - they should not be getting their training on the job.

Entry level start only

Former Employee - Patient Service Coordinator  in  Bayside, NY
    Former Employee - Patient Service Coordinator in Bayside, NY

I worked at St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good vacation benefits. Co-workers are the best and the hospital really does care about the children.

Cons

I worked in the EI program so I can only give a review as far as that department is concerned. If getting worked like and dog and not being appreciated is what you're looking for then I suggest you apply. I didnt receive proper training for my position and when ever I asked one question I would get different answers from supervisors. While directors and supervisors receive raises all other employees have been working at the same payrate for over 5 years. The only reason I gave it a 3 is because of the services they offer to the children in need and my fellow colleagues make coming to work worth while.

Hold yoursels to a hihger standard and train your employees properly. Give raises.

Worked for St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children? Contribute to the Community!