St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children

Add Photos

Worked as a paraprofessional in the Education Department

Paraprofessional (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat experience if you are in the health/education field for medically fragile children while in school, hours 9-2

Consper diem; long waits for children who are bussed in every morning and afternoon; heavy lifting for wheelchair bound children

You get to see a wide variety of cases

Speech Pathologist (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsFlexible schedule. Basically you can make your own hours.

ConsDriving around in your car can be lonely

My experience at St. Mary's has been both rewarding and challenging.

ProsWe are responsible for caring for over 3,000 children with special needs in the community and we do an excellent job.

ConsHealthcare has been very challenging due to budget cuts and this has affected St. Mary's operationally.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoard Members should have terms to their tenure; prolonged instability at Senior Management is not good; CFO's should have knowledge and experience for the type of organization they are hired into - they should not be getting their training on the job.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Entry level start only

Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Bayside, NY

ProsGood vacation benefits. Co-workers are the best and the hospital really does care about the children.

ConsI worked in the EI program so I can only give a review as far as that department is concerned. If getting worked like and dog and not being appreciated is what you're looking for then I suggest you apply. I didnt receive proper training for my position and when ever I asked one question I would get different answers from supervisors. While directors and supervisors receive raises all other employees have been working at the same payrate for over 5 years. The only reason I gave it a 3 is because of the services they offer to the children in need and my fellow colleagues make coming to work worth while.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold yoursels to a hihger standard and train your employees properly. Give raises.

Worked for St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children employees.