St Media Group International

www.stmediagroupintl.com

St Media Group International Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Tedd Swormstedt

Not bad, but not great either.

ProsTime off is a plus, but you pay for that with lower pay.

ConsManagement seems to not tell employees everything that is going on

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent with finances.

Toxic

ProsFlex time is beneficial. The office building is nice and is in a safe location.

ConsThe most toxic workplace environment and culture you can imagine. Low pay and ineffective leadership/management. Creativity is rarely rewarded, because doing things the way they've always been done is more important to the managers and executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow creative people to be creative. Value them by paying them fairly. Stop trying to act like a big corporation. Get the lifers out of management. They aren't open to new ideas that will help the company grow. Try applying the same rules to everyone instead of playing favorites. Get with the times!

One of the greatest companies that I had the privilege of working for.

Accountant (Former Employee) Blue Ash, OH

ProsThe people that I worked for were extremely nice and hard working.

ConsOn average, I was only allowed to work four days a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee if you could update your accounting software since your company is expanding.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Getting smaller and smaller

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat flexibility. Summer flex program allows for every other Friday off. Pay not bad compared to other publishing companies.

ConsNot great communication between departments. Reduction in staff has made it tougher for quality work to get done. Pay reduction a few years ago has not been given back.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow others to take on some responsibilities of management. Allow employees to feel they have ownership in the success of company.

Low pay. Lots of time off.

Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood place to work if you have a family, but don't need a big paycheck. The people who work at the company are mostly friendly. A lot of creative types, which makes things interesting. Mix of all ages working there, from young 20s to 60+. They give lots of time off and are pretty flexible if you need to take time off for doctor's appts., emergencies, etc. Generally a low stress environment. Very casual dress code. Summer hours, where you get every other Friday off if you make up your time during the week. Overall, if you like low-key...almost bordering on boring....this could be a good place to work.

ConsThe publishing industry notoriously doesn't pay very well. However, I have no doubt there are a handful of employees there making really good money. The old boys club is what I'd call it. I think mgmt. has become disconnected with it's employees over the years. There isn't much racial diversity, but the company isn't that big either. There really is no room for career advancement, unless you're an editor. They actually promote within their different magazine departments...but if you're anywhere else in the company, be ready to keep the same title and measley raise unless you change jobs. Most people I know who work there hold second jobs. Some of the people who hold 'higher-up' positions are very unprofessional. Kind of feels like high-school at times. Not the worst place to work, but not the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach your managers how to manage. Get rid of the dead weight managers. Listen to the youth in the company, they have great ideas.

if you are use to settling for less, then this is the job for you

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Blue Ash, OH

ProsI love what i do. i am basically a bean counter and love the numbers game. i like my co-workers but we all have the same feeling about the company

Consno respect, policy's changed on a daily basis. employees are singled out for criticism but not carred across the board. upper mgmt does not want to hear the issues, basically their motto is we can find another job if we dont like it

Advice to Senior Managementstop the hiarchy mgmt. a happy employee is a productive employee

Worked for St Media Group International? Contribute to the Community!