St Media Group International

St Media Group International Reviews

Updated June 30, 2014
Updated June 30, 2014

Tedd Swormstedt

Not bad, but not great either.

I have been working at St Media Group International full-time

Pros

Time off is a plus, but you pay for that with lower pay.

Cons

Management seems to not tell employees everything that is going on

Be more transparent with finances.

Toxic

I have been working at St Media Group International full-time

Pros

Flex time is beneficial. The office building is nice and is in a safe location.

Cons

The most toxic workplace environment and culture you can imagine. Low pay and ineffective leadership/management. Creativity is rarely rewarded, because doing things the way they've always been done is more important to the managers and executives.

Allow creative people to be creative. Value them by paying them fairly. Stop trying to act like a big corporation. Get the lifers out of management. They aren't open to new ideas that will help the company grow. Try applying the same rules to everyone instead of playing favorites. Get with the times!

One of the greatest companies that I had the privilege of working for.

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Blue Ash, OH
    Former Employee - Accountant in Blue Ash, OH

I worked at St Media Group International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The people that I worked for were extremely nice and hard working.

Cons

On average, I was only allowed to work four days a week.

See if you could update your accounting software since your company is expanding.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Getting smaller and smaller

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at St Media Group International

Pros

Great flexibility. Summer flex program allows for every other Friday off. Pay not bad compared to other publishing companies.

Cons

Not great communication between departments. Reduction in staff has made it tougher for quality work to get done. Pay reduction a few years ago has not been given back.

Allow others to take on some responsibilities of management. Allow employees to feel they have ownership in the success of company.

Low pay. Lots of time off.

Current Employee - Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at St Media Group International

Pros

Good place to work if you have a family, but don't need a big paycheck. The people who work at the company are mostly friendly. A lot of creative types, which makes things interesting. Mix of all ages working there, from young 20s to 60+. They give lots of time off and are pretty flexible if you need to take time off for doctor's appts., emergencies, etc. Generally a low stress environment. Very casual dress code. Summer hours, where you get every other Friday off if you make up your time during the week. Overall, if you like low-key...almost bordering on boring....this could be a good place to work.

Cons

The publishing industry notoriously doesn't pay very well. However, I have no doubt there are a handful of employees there making really good money. The old boys club is what I'd call it. I think mgmt. has become disconnected with it's employees over the years. There isn't much racial diversity, but the company isn't that big either. There really is no room for career advancement, unless you're an editor. They actually promote within their different magazine departments...but if you're anywhere else in the company, be ready to keep the same title and measley raise unless you change jobs. Most people I know who work there hold second jobs. Some of the people who hold 'higher-up' positions are very unprofessional. Kind of feels like high-school at times. Not the worst place to work, but not the best.

Teach your managers how to manage. Get rid of the dead weight managers. Listen to the youth in the company, they have great ideas.

if you are use to settling for less, then this is the job for you

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at St Media Group International

Pros

I love what i do. i am basically a bean counter and love the numbers game. i like my co-workers but we all have the same feeling about the company

Cons

no respect, policy's changed on a daily basis. employees are singled out for criticism but not carred across the board. upper mgmt does not want to hear the issues, basically their motto is we can find another job if we dont like it

stop the hiarchy mgmt. a happy employee is a productive employee

St Media Group International Photos

This is where I can work standing up.
I have both a stand up desk and a traditional one.
They allow me to customize my space and circumvent the overhead lighting.

+ Add Photo

Worked for St Media Group International? Contribute to the Community!