St.Vincent Health

St.Vincent Health Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vincent C. Caponi, B.A., M.H.A.

Call Center Associate who called and contacted former patients to raise money for The Hospital Foundation.

Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsTalking with former St. Vincent patients about the great services St. Vincent provided them, and offers for the poor and the sick. Fundraising for excellent contributor to our community. Few people realize the Mission of the Foundation and Hospital and all the care it provides for individuals.

ConsPosition was only available in the evening hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake use of experienced employees, their input is important for Program Development. Offer higher starting pay for employees along with some benefits.

Overall, enjoyed the experience of working with nurses who care not only for pt. but for each other.

License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsBenefits were good. Loved the work hours 7a-7p

ConsToo much politics and less concern for pt. care. Short-staffed all the time. The managers and Ceo of company more concerned about policy than want is needed to staff their hospital.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve that they should spend as much time promoting the "Spirit of Caring" with their staff as they do with their patients. They should do a better job supporting their staff and supplying them with what they need to do provide the quality of patient care they keep advertising.

Lots of changes...

Staff RN (Current Employee)

ProsI work with great people!

ConsToo many changes, and not for the best.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good paying company

Material Manager (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat Benefits, caring, great place to work once they have Ascension in place.

ConsLeadership not sure of direction

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromange

Long term employee unhappy with changes

Staff RN (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe Spirit of Caring is evident with the docs, nurses and most employees with direct patient contact. Employees treat each other like family but most importantly the patient is the number one priority

ConsManagers and Directors seem disinterested in the issues their subordinates face in their daily work. Problem solving is done without the input from the actual workers and therefore ineffective. There seems to be a disconnect between management and workers-a "them" vs "us" mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more transparent and treat your employees with the Core Values that represent our mission.

Would be a great place if they would hire good managers, manage what they have.

Nursing (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsTop pay in Indy, benefits

ConsBad management - they have their managers over too many locations, and they are scattered, clueless about their departments, or delegate too much to staff that should be focused on their patients. Too many changes - eliminating staff that is needed makes it's too hard on the staff that's left.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a few more managers instead of having 1 person run 10 areas. Quit eliminating staff that is needed ie techs, LPNs, etc. Quit expanding and perfect what you have. There are areas of the hospital that don't have equipment needed, crummy 2% raises are forfeited, and staffing freezes only hurt what you have. The core values used to stand for something, but my last few years there showed otherwise.

Good mission and undergoing major changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe mission and culture when being followed are the best characteristics of the organization. Generally an atmosphere of respect is present.

ConsDecisions are being made at Ascension Health level without regard to local market and needs. More input from local hospitals about change are needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide employees some breathing room between major changes. The reasons and possibly any positive outcomes need to be reinforced more than they have been.

St.Vincent Will Not Survive Much Longer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy hope is that there is a great organization to be found somewhere in the depths of all of the corporate politics, incompetent leadership and under-resourced health system.

ConsOnce a true force to be reckoned with, St.Vincent is losing market share to its rivals due to lack of innovation, too much growth, and a parent organization that is trying desperately to figure some things out.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd share my advice but the problem is they don't want to listen. Hopefully Nalli will take a close look at his management team and make some difficult decisions.

St. Vincents

ProsWorked here for a couple years.

ConsLow pay rate. Higher new without experience with more pay than current workers.

Working at St. Vincent Health gave me valuable skills and experience. It was a good place to work.

Systems Manager (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe organization is sensitive to the individual's personal values and offer the employee opportunities to share in the decision making process.

ConsDue to the drastic change in medical reimbursements and the numerous locations for patient care, cost has overshadowed many of the perks once offered to employees. Job reduction is prevalent at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff flexible in job location and obtain as many skills as possible. Creativity and flexibility is a valuable skill to have during the major shift in this industry.

Worked for St.Vincent Health? Contribute to the Community!