St. Vincent Health System

Add Photos

St. Vincent Health System President and CEO Peter D. Banko

Peter D. Banko

Great learning experience.

ProsHave the opportunity to work at any of the four hospital in the health system. Expands the learning experience. Great colleagues are friendly. The only hospitals in Arkansas to be designated as Magnet and Pathways to Excellence. Safety is the new project for the health system to focus on any and all safety issue or concerns that are identified within the system.

ConsAt times overtime could be available for individuals who want to work due to illness, vacation, or nurses leaving. Promotion within the health system is a struggle as have a set way within which to advance even if have degrees to back up the desire position.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeaders need to take an indepth look at individuals who manage areas of the facilities from top to bottom. Leaders need to see who is providing a positive outlook to the staff that is working for manager. Positive and cheerful outlook will bring the same outlook to the staff working under that manager. This staff member has seen where this is not happening and staff come in and are not smiling or laughing. If happy, upbeat personality is not projected to the patient in the bed, how is the patient suppose to get feeling better when laughter is the best medicine.

Although undergoing major changes in the healthcare industry, St. Vincent has been very supportive of its associates.

Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsI like their caring philosophy toward patients.

ConsLarge institution creates "across-the-board" policies that don't necessarily apply to all areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to value your associates.

It's okay.

Pct (Current Employee)
    Pell City, AL

ProsI enjoy caring for others. I also love the medical field. I am very friendly and get along well with others.

ConsI dislike working with a lot of drama but I guess that's everywhere you go.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my opinion they should offer better incentives for their employees and basically treat them better.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Buyer

Buyer (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat People that get along with everyone

ConsVery Demanding, job never done

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what you are asking to be done. People have faminlies

6 bosses in 7 years

Systems Director (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsFaith-based mission with patient centered clinicians...perhaps the best in the city.

ConsNo guiding strategy. Unable to navigate the rapid changing landscape of health care. Unable to compete with the strong strategy and brand of IU Health and unable to compete with integrated delivery systems of Community.

Good learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Little Rock, AR

ProsCompensation was standard. The hospital in general was run well.

ConsCulture was rather "old"- very traditional, use of Mr. and Mrs. to address superiors. I prefer to not work for an organization that evaluates me partly based on if I lead prayer at meetings... The mission is quite strong here, even if to a fault.

I was the Dietary Dept. Manager at SVCH for 6 years

CDM (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent Benefits and perks for associates, nice people to work with, was close to home, nice faith centered company to work for.

ConsPoor management by Administration, played favorites when it came to hiring staff, tended to hire "pretty" women, paid unequally. Employment fraud occurred when a new R.D. was brought on staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake complaints through the employee concern hot line seriously

St. Vincent Clinics

Little Rock, AR

ProsGood people within my immediate Department to work with.

ConsNo raises in 3 years despite insurance costs and the cost of living increasing, Hours reduced when ancillary test ordering is low. This results in some staff members not getting their 40 hours for the week. If they choose to have 40 hours they must use their personal time.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that management of staff at the Clinical level keep staff informed of expectations, both present and future.

Great People. Bad management

ProsThe patients and co workers were all wonderful!

ConsManagement decides to cut back due to costs. Next thing we know, the entire department was almost gone

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people

I've been very disappointed in the way my department runs.

ProsGood wages and good benefits!!!!

ConsNot flexible with time off for family appointments. They are expected to be done during "non critical" work time. Preferably BEFORE 9 or AFTER 5. I don't know of most dr offices that work those hours!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like you would want to be treated. Don't treat them like they are stupid. Give them the training they need to do their jobs.

Worked for St. Vincent Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. Vincent Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for St. Vincent Health System CEO Peter D. Banko. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by St. Vincent Health System employees.