Staff Care Reviews

2.5
Sean Ebner

1. Educational, but metrics became stressful

I worked at Staff Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great managers and training. Even if your new to the staffing industry there training can have you up in running in under 3 months. They invest a lot of time into your success.

Cons

Insurance is not the greatest, high premiums and deductibles. When company gets behind on quarterly goals calls/talk time metrics increase, which in my opinion isn't conducive to finding qualified health care professionals.

2. This is simply not a good place to work

Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Staff Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are few pros here. They have changed the comp plan so many times in the past 3 years that you cannot be guaranteed of anything, but for a very few people (fewer than 5 out of 200) the financial rewards are exceptional.

Cons

Zero opportunity at career growth. Zero opportunity at promotion. Zero opportunity to develop new skills. Zero opportunity to do anything other than dial a phone more than 100 times a day, 5 days a week. If you are ever short your number of dials, or "talk time," which is the time spent on an actual phone call, don't worry -- you get to make it up on Saturday. No matter how they dress it up this is a call center, all calls are recorded, and you receive "call logs" several times each day to make sure you know how close you are to your requirements. The rewards are few and far between, and thy resort to childish games and contest more suitable to 3rd grade than the professional world to incentivize their otherwise depressed employees.

Advice to Management

Resign. Short of that realize that people are motivated to grow and to become more each day and that if you are unwilling to help them reach their goals, they are unwilling to help you reach yours.

High prices and poor staff

Former Employee - Physician in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Physician in Provo, UT

I worked at Staff Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They promise you the moon the sun and the stars

Cons

In january this year we used satffcare for part time physician. We were assured that the provider we were getting was optimal and an excellent fir. Once the provider showed up, they were far under par with any type of knowledge, moved slower than slow and our bill was through the roof. We eventually had to close our office as a result of the provider they had recommended. A clinic that has been open for 24 years.

Advice to Management

Time to start really revieing who you hire and who you tout as excellent when they couldn't differentiate a flu bug from sepsis.

Staff Care Response

Sep 24, 2014Senior Vice President, Sales, Staff Care

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We hold our entire company to the highest standards and take this feedback very seriously. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail and ... More

5. New Hire

Former Employee - Research Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Research Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Staff Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is top notch, an industry leader with name recognition in the marketplace. Also the salary is ok, but there is uncapped commission which is nice. And just for good measure the gym at the office is a good benefit.

Cons

It's all work and nothing else. Being on the phones dialing 100 dials every day can be repetitive and monotonous. The culture there leads itself to being a dog-eat-dog environment where the recruiters can "shark" other peoples' physicians.

6. Used to be great...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Staff Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation (or it used to be - it's sub-par now)

Cons

Rigid quotas (unrelated to performance), long hours, disconnected leadership, micromanagement.

Staff Care Response

Jul 21, 2014President, Staff Care

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with parts of your Staff Care experience. Staff Care truly values its team members and we appreciate your feedback. As a people-based company, our outstanding ... More

7. Independent Contractor

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Monroe, LA
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Monroe, LA

I have been working at Staff Care as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the flexibility of being and independent contractor. I can make my own schedule and be off when I need to. I make a competitive hourly wage and my housing is paid for. Most Agents are professional and work with you if there are any problems on the job. Some don't get the job done and are unresponsive to your needs.

Cons

There can be long waits between available jobs. Some Agents try to decrease your wage so they can make more commission.

8. Cold Calling leads to cash

Former Employee - Account Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Staff Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As long as you are comfortable on the phone, you'll do well

Cons

Phone based
    Several restructures while I was there

9. This office needs help and HR, leadership in Dallas is not hearing the continued cries for help

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Staff Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay and opportunity for working with some great clients, physicians and working within this industry.

Cons

Management, leadership and the lack of support from HR regarding ethical complaints.

Advice to Management

Change the management and leadership in the Salt Lake City office before it crumbles.

10. Great place to start and advance a career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Staff Care

Pros

SCI believes in teamwork and helping others achieve professional goals. The ability to run your own desk and make pertinent financial decisions are key to financial growth and that is highly encouraged at Staff Care.

Cons

A major downside is the sheer amount of calls that are mandated in some departments. Hitting a call quota isn't always conducive to finding quality doctors, it just looks good on paper.

Advice to Management

Advice for management is to review some of the antiquated practices expected. Listen to employees for fresh ideas and ways to conduct business.

The Job Made Me Sick

I worked at Staff Care

Pros

Like others have said, if you work really hard and are lucky then promotions and advancing your career are pretty easy. It's one of the only jobs I have held where career growth is possible in the same city. Healthcare is a good industry and I would imagine locums work being more desirable with increasing insurance cost to doctors.

Cons

Like I said, this place made me sick! I would feel great outside the office but once there my throat hurt, head throbbed and I felt ill. I really think the stress wore me down! The goals you had were sometimes impossible to reach with many doctors looking down on locums work. You were consistently micromanaged with laughable guidance. You have to work 50 hours a week to hit your salary and it takes forever to get a decent bonus. You even had to come in some Saturday's!! Pay was awful for how much you work. It's very evident management only care about profit and not people. There was either someone being fired or quitting once a week.

Advice to Management

To make the company money you need happy employees. Focus on employee relations and the company could do great!

RSS Feed </> Embed