Staff IT Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
CEO

Great place to work and grow! Team first!

I have been working at Staff IT

Pros

I have never been in a more team oriented sales environment. The team is collaborative, with the common goal being the continued growth of Staff IT. I started here as an account manager and based on my success was quickly promoted. The management takes pleasure in identifying and rewarding hard working talented individuals. From day 1 the team makes you feel welcome and does everything they can to help you be successful. The company cares about the success of it's employees, clients and consultants!

Cons

I think someone else said it best. Its not for everyone. This company is for hard working, diligent, enthusiastic, successful individuals who are willing to do what it takes to take care of the clients and candidates. It's for people that care about the success of the company and their co-workers. It's not for those that are just about taking care of themselves. Like the other person said...it's not really a con but I guess for some it might be.

Advice to Management

Company is going in a great direction. I can't wait to see what the future brings.

Worst Place To Work
    (Positive reviews are fake and made by upper management)
    Wish I could give negative stars...

Current Employee - Sales/Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales/Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Staff IT

Pros

Do not work here unless you are desperate for a job or experience.
    Actually, I am writing this review and writing is a form of art which i guess u can say its a pro?

Cons

So many things to say. Lets start from the beginning.
    (this is from my experience but past and current employees will agree)

Most people decide to work here because they either need experience or are desperate for a job.
    Nobody other than upper management has been there longer than 2 years or so...
    Never have I heard that this was anybody's first choice...let that sink in...

Company overview
    *So much turnover and this section will tell you why
    *They lie about where the company is at and where it is growing
    *They don't care about employees
    *Been around since 1996 and still can't do anything right
    *They only care about money (true for many companies but this is on a whole new level...you have to work there to
      see)
    *They will over work and underpay you
    *No work/ life balance
    *There is no culture
    *Talk bad about current employees and employees when they leave...crazy that they have no respect...

Management
    *Upper management is absolutely the worst
    *They are fake and will do anything to get what they want
    *There is no give and take. only take take take
    *Don't care about your needs

Interview process
    *Management lies to you about the roles you interview for (Not what they make it out to be)
    *They lie to you about the growth (Will change your title, but you do the same thing...)
    *They will definitely low ball you on the offer and promise you lots of money in commission (which is possible but will take you a lot longer than they portray it to be)
    *They will want you to start right away and not care about you burning bridges with your old company (but they expect different treatment when you decide to leave...which will happen)

The Work
    *You will sit at your desk all day and make cold calls no matter what position you have
    *Long Hours (8-6) and expect you to stay longer
    *They give you an hour for lunch but expect you to come back and eat at your desk and work through lunch
    *They want you to come in early and stay late...no WORK/ LIFE BALANCE
    *You soon realize everything in the interview was a lie or over exaggerated
    *Raise? hahahahahahahah

Salary and Benefits
    *Terrible Salary (they will low ball you) and expect you to be the best or you will get fired
    *If you do get a decent salary...you better make deals or they will fire you after a couple months
    *They will hype the commission
    *Commission is around 5%...almost everywhere else is around 10%...(they act like they are doing you a favor by
      by giving you a commission check)
    *Benefits are terrible...seriously...
    *You get 6-8 personal days which include sick and vacation days (usually you get 5 sick days and 10 days
      for vacation)

Culture
    *incredible amount of turnover
    *work work work work work work work
    *Upper management only care about putting more money in their pockets...
    *Only cares about if you are making them money
    *No bonuses, no team like atmosphere, but the people are okay
    *Talk trash about current employees and employees when they leave
    *It is a terrible place to work

Growth
    *There is no such thing
    *You will get a new title...but still do the same thing...literally...(of course no raise)
    *You know its bull title and other companies will know so too when you apply

Overall
    *PLEASE pay attention to the reviews. They are very accurate (not the positive ones, those are fake).
    *If you desperately need a job or your fresh out of college, this may be a good way to start.
    *Don't expect much and leave as soon as you find something better

I had to write all this because this company is the possibly the worst in the world and it wouldn't be right if I didn't let people know. I woke up every morning wanting to quit or just leaving at lunch and never coming back. You know those stories about people absolutely being tormented by their job? This would be it.

Advice to Management

Advice?
    All of you should quit

Terrible place to work

I worked at Staff IT

Pros

None that I can write.

Cons

Management likes to tout working hard will get you far as an excuse for the mandated long hours that employees must work but there is not much respect for employees here. People are replaceable and they don't blink when people leave. They don't care to know why and flood glass door with positive reviews. In addition, time off is lower than standards as well as salaries. They offer commission as a way to offer low salaries. Salaries aside, it is an unbearable place to work and there is no sense of culture.

Advice to Management

Nothing they would listen to anyway (employees have tried).

Team is Driven to Succeed

I have been working at Staff IT full-time

Pros

Great coworkers....everyone is very focused and collaboration and team work are highly encouraged. Company is looking to grow very quickly and add offices, new positions, etc, excellent growth potential for high performers that are career focused. Some very solid, long-term relationships established with many well-branded companies. This is not a resume shop tied into VMS-type clients. Senior management very supportive, all have 15-20+ years of experience in the industry.

Cons

There tends to be quick turnover for new hires that struggle to produce and keep up with the rest of the staff. Not a company to join if you are just looking for a 9 to 5 job to pay the bills. Only highly-driven, career focused type of people will do well in this environment.

Great Company For Opportunity and Growth

Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Melville, NY

I have been working at Staff IT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This Company offers all of the tools necessary to succeed. The Management team, as well as the other employees are extremely approachable and eager to assist in any way possible. The environment is extremely friendly. There is enormous opportunity for growth within the company. Opportunity to work daily with Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies

Cons

None that I can think of.

7. Fantastic opportunity to learn and grow with an awesome team

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Staff IT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started here without much sales experience and was given the best training I could have imagined. The growth I've incurred both personally and professionally astounds me. I've been afforded promotions, leadership responsibilities, and the chance to build out my own branch in just a few short years. Staff IT continues to motivate me and my colleagues in positive ways while instilling the guiding principals that's made them successful over the last 18+ years. These folks are the real deal across the board and the opportunities they speak of are 100% legitimate.

Cons

You'll be expected to work hard and act as a team in all aspects of your day-to-day. Not sure it really qualifies as a con, but I know that isn't always for everyone.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the continued support! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I've been given and I look forward to our continued journey.

Carrot and Stick approach - more of the stick

Former Employee - Sales and Recruiting in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales and Recruiting in New York, NY

I worked at Staff IT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a good lesson on poor management and how to not treat people. The business has been around for 16 years, yet nobody has been there for any length.

Cons

Very long days (7:30-7PM)
    Very low pay and low commissions (industry is 10-20% - current employees should ask around!)
    Dishonest to customers - create fake LinkedIn profiles, write fake reviews and lie to customers
    Extreme micromanagement - for example, your desk will be positioned so your boss can see your computer monitor at all times
    Minimum vacation that you are encouraged to NOT use
    Lunch? expect to eat at your desk and be interrogated if you step out for more than 30 minutes
    Calling out sick? Expect to be hounded by your manager.
    Whatever you do, DO NOT get sick. They have fired employees (or made their lives hell and forced them to resign) who were sick or pregnant
    Very low morale
    Absent CEO

Advice to Management

Learn to trust your employees and they will trust you back. Consider having some work life balance - you might be surprised that people will then work harder for you. Consider the source of the low morale

It was okay.

I worked at Staff IT

Pros

you get paid weekly basis.

Cons

it was a heavy schedule

Bad experience joining this company!

Former Employee - Sales in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Staff IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wasn't there that long only 3 days to be exact so I don't have Pros about the company more Cons! Salary was ok for NJ compared to NY.

Cons

Management is condescending, they talk down to you and they are very unprofessional! Their vacation and time off is way under current standards. They expect you to work for 50 hours even though you accepted a 40 hour week job!

Advice to Management

Listen to employees to bring a concern about their Managers. You probably will no care or do anything about it because some of those employees have been there for more than 5 years.

Pretty Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Staff IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Boston's Sales Manager - Great guy, great manager, only wants you to succeed.

Cons

Not the best comp plan.

RSS Feed </> Embed