Staff Management SMX

www.staffmanagement.com

Staff Management SMX Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Apr 24, 2014

Joan Davison

Pros
  • Great professional growth and have good software and other reports needed to get the job done(in 2 reviews)

• There are no pros in working for this company(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • unbelievably low pay for what you are asked to do(in 4 reviews)

• 10 hour shifts, with only 2 20 minute breaks, sad that they have given into the bullying that seems to be pervasive in the new corporate culture(in 2 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Strong Growth and Culture

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prostraining, operational focus, culture and management, empowerment, cross-training and functionality, growth potential, industry leading services

Conssome positions have challenging salaries and opportunities are spread nationally, so relocation may be needed to grow depending what you're looking for

Advice to Senior ManagementGoing in the right direction

Not the Best, but still pretty good

Coordinator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork with great people. Good teamwork. Good division of work. Flexible schedules and offers overtime when the work is sufficient. Work closely with direct supervisor.

ConsSometimes it seems as if there is a lot of disconnect with training and communication between offices. Some tasks seem menial and unnecesarily draining.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Unexpectedly impressive

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsStaff Management has provided me with a fresh start in an industry that I can grow with. Decisions are made quickly and implemented precisely.

ConsI have no complaints up to now.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice is for upper management to communicate to the field quickly and often.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst place to work, keep looking don't waste your time with this company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsNone, very bad company period.

ConsEverything about this company sucks, leadership is ignorant and unprofessional.

Solid Company with Solid Growth

Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThis company continues to grow not only in revenue but new clients as well. Great leadership team with strategic outlook.The opportunity for promotion is always available and professional growth is encouraged.

ConsThe pay might not be as competitive as other companies, but we all know the saying "grass is greener." But this company is close enough to the level that I'm not looking to move.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Good Company, Below Average Comp

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe team atmosphere is very much stressed and the company invests a lot in each new employee. If you are motivated, you can move up quickly...this wasn't always the case. They are doing a better job now of promoting from within, rather than when I started almost four years ago. The technology aspect of the company is great, we have all proprietary software applications that function perfectly for what we do. What drew me to the company was its slogan "Innovate or Die". While I think that's probably a bit over the top, there is some truth to it. The company constantly strives for improvement.

ConsThe compensation is not comparable to similiar jobs, though this also is changing. It is a private company and the overall company leadership is often clouded. I wish Senior Management would be more clear on our direction and future initiatives. It is a close knit company (maybe even too much so) and there are cliques. I stay away from that and try to remain as neutral as possible. Also, there have been times where we take clients for name recognition, which is great, but is it a good idea to take on a project that we are definately going to lose money on? We also need to learn to pushback a bit harder with unrealistic clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more clear on the direction of our company from a strategy and financial perspective. I would like to know the 5-10 year plan to better decide if this is really a long-term career company.

Good company with mediocre compensation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey are the best in their industry (large volume staffing in mostly manufacturing environment). Very forward thinking and innovative. Good work/life balance.

ConsIt's not a huge company and compensation could be much more competitive. Also, they are almost too client driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company does a great job thinking outside of the box and creating innovative solutions. Senior management should remember to to become too client focused and lose sight of the happiness of current employees.

Worked for Staff Management SMX? Contribute to the Community!