Staff Management SMX
www.staffmanagement.com Chicago, IL 500 to 999 Employees

Staff Management SMX Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Joan Davison

Learn a lot with this job!

Operations Analyst (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsIn this position, there is a very good possibility that you will learn a lot of different skill sets and you will be able to travel to different markets in various states.

ConsWith this position, the workload can go up and down based on the time of year and the location that you are in.

It's an ok job to do for the summer but not to make a career out of.

Salter Technician (Current Employee)
    Jackson, TN

ProsYour schedule is set. The pay is ok to if you get to work the salter.

ConsSome of the people there are overgrown and childish and your rate of getting sent home with no pay is high.

Very Bad

Packer, ICQA, and Stow (Former Employee)
    San Bernardino, CA

ProsThe pay was the only good thing about the company because it was $11.50 an hour and got paid every Friday.

ConsEverything was bad. Only 15 minute break with includes getting to the break room with only makes the break only 10 minutes. Lunch is only 30 minutes and at times I couldn't even finish my lunch. 10 hour shifts. Mandatory over and I rarely seen my family because of my schedule (which was from 6 pm to 5 am most nights). I worked in 3 different departments pack, ICQA and stow. Pack was the best and the easiest. ICQA was the the worst because counting 10 hours out of the day does get a little annoying and after a while you make mistakes. Every time I would go into the office they didn't even know what I was talking about. Very disorganized company...

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Friendly Management

Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsCompensation & Benefits reasonable, salary pay is prompt with no late payment and offers overtime

ConsWorking hours are less than forty a week

Good for in between jobs

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee)
    Hebron, KY

ProsThe pay wasn't bad for night shift

ConsThe hours & lack of breaks

Temporary Warehouse Associate for Amazon

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGrateful for this part-time job as it is better than being on the public dough. One gains glimpses at warehouse operations for Amazon. Some co-workers and managers are professional, respectful, and courteous.

ConsHours and wage are limited to part-time, i.e. 20 hours at $11.50 which one cannot survive on unless you have another job whether part or full-time. Company makes constant mistakes with employee payroll hours whereby one needs to keep personal record. "Training Program" is loose and informal. Very limited opportunities for being promoted to Amazon employee. Some co-workers and managers including from Amazon are unprofessional, disrespectful, and difficult to work with/for.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a new paradigm for the view and respect of temporary workers humanity and dignity.

Experiece

Picker (Former Employee)
    Murfreesboro, TN

ProsThe pay was good. Especially since i worked part-time any time I worked over.

ConsLong hours with short breaks, they demanded to much, they did not care about personal issues with you.

Overall my experience was great.

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    Adams Hunt, VA

ProsThe associates, they are hard working and spend a lot of time just in transportation to get to work. When proper leadership is available, they will go beyond expectations to perform and get the job done.

ConsLeadership is dishonest and not loyal. They are very hypocritical and treat the associates as a number and not individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must hire senior management associates that are honest, treat associates with respect and they cannot be hypocritical. Policies must apply to everyone and enforced fairly.

Strong Growth and Culture

Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Prostraining, operational focus, culture and management, empowerment, cross-training and functionality, growth potential, industry leading services

Conssome positions have challenging salaries and opportunities are spread nationally, so relocation may be needed to grow depending what you're looking for

Advice to Senior ManagementGoing in the right direction

Not the Best, but still pretty good

Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsWork with great people. Good teamwork. Good division of work. Flexible schedules and offers overtime when the work is sufficient. Work closely with direct supervisor.

ConsSometimes it seems as if there is a lot of disconnect with training and communication between offices. Some tasks seem menial and unnecesarily draining.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Worked for Staff Management SMX? Contribute to the Community!

Staff Management SMX – Why Work for Us?

We are a diverse group of energetic, dedicated and self-motivated people that are passionate about providing our clients with exceptional service and innovative HR technology. At Staff Management | SMX, we know that our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staff Management SMX reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Staff Management SMX CEO Joan Davison. All 52 reviews posted anonymously by Staff Management SMX employees.