Staff Management SMX

www.staffmanagement.com

Staff Management SMX Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Joan Davison

Pros
  • Great professional growth and have good software and other reports needed to get the job done(in 2 reviews)

• There are no pros in working for this company(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • unbelievably low pay for what you are asked to do(in 4 reviews)

• 10 hour shifts, with only 2 20 minute breaks, sad that they have given into the bullying that seems to be pervasive in the new corporate culture(in 2 reviews)

All in all wonderful experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet to work with Amazon and their employees.

ConsCommunication issues between different levels of management.

Learn a lot with this job!

Operations Analyst (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsIn this position, there is a very good possibility that you will learn a lot of different skill sets and you will be able to travel to different markets in various states.

ConsWith this position, the workload can go up and down based on the time of year and the location that you are in.

" unfair, lazy supervisors"

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) Hebron, KY

ProsDecent pay for a weekend job, but you earn every penny of it.

Conslong hours, mandatory overtime, not enough breaks, only 2 short breaks and a lunch for a 12 hour shift, and part of that is walking to and from. For the last 7 hours of a 12 hour mandatory OT shift we get 10 minutes of break time. SMX "supervisors" are rarely seen, mostly just walk around and text on their phones all day. Amazon supervisors treat SMX employees terrible and SMX doesn't care. Constant issues with payroll, time, they will give you points for being absent when you were there.........good luck getting them removed, and after 6 you're fired. The work is terrible on your body, pain like you've never imagined.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair and consistent, treat your employees with respect. As it is moral is non-existent. Check in on your supervisors, they don't do anything where I work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Bad

Packer, ICQA, and Stow (Former Employee) San Bernardino, CA

ProsThe pay was the only good thing about the company because it was $11.50 an hour and got paid every Friday.

ConsEverything was bad. Only 15 minute break with includes getting to the break room with only makes the break only 10 minutes. Lunch is only 30 minutes and at times I couldn't even finish my lunch. 10 hour shifts. Mandatory over and I rarely seen my family because of my schedule (which was from 6 pm to 5 am most nights). I worked in 3 different departments pack, ICQA and stow. Pack was the best and the easiest. ICQA was the the worst because counting 10 hours out of the day does get a little annoying and after a while you make mistakes. Every time I would go into the office they didn't even know what I was talking about. Very disorganized company...

It's an ok job to do for the summer but not to make a career out of.

Salter Technician (Current Employee) Jackson, TN

ProsYour schedule is set. The pay is ok to if you get to work the salter.

ConsSome of the people there are overgrown and childish and your rate of getting sent home with no pay is high.

Friendly Management

Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCompensation & Benefits reasonable, salary pay is prompt with no late payment and offers overtime

ConsWorking hours are less than forty a week

Good for in between jobs

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Hebron, KY

ProsThe pay wasn't bad for night shift

ConsThe hours & lack of breaks

Temporary Warehouse Associate for Amazon

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGrateful for this part-time job as it is better than being on the public dough. One gains glimpses at warehouse operations for Amazon. Some co-workers and managers are professional, respectful, and courteous.

ConsHours and wage are limited to part-time, i.e. 20 hours at $11.50 which one cannot survive on unless you have another job whether part or full-time. Company makes constant mistakes with employee payroll hours whereby one needs to keep personal record. "Training Program" is loose and informal. Very limited opportunities for being promoted to Amazon employee. Some co-workers and managers including from Amazon are unprofessional, disrespectful, and difficult to work with/for.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a new paradigm for the view and respect of temporary workers humanity and dignity.

Experiece

Picker (Former Employee) Murfreesboro, TN

ProsThe pay was good. Especially since i worked part-time any time I worked over.

ConsLong hours with short breaks, they demanded to much, they did not care about personal issues with you.

SMX, enforced descrimination

Receiver (Former Employee) Sumner, WA

ProsThere are no pros, expect a crappy work environment and a lot of unusual muscular pain if you get a repetitive job like receiving. Also they have a FIFO system to insure that people are given work evenly but the break those rules openly to make sure that SMX temp workers get the heavy lifting and never Amazon workers. I was injured there and when I told them it hurt they basically said "so sue me" and offered me to go home for two weeks which I had to take so I ended up not really getting fulltime pay because workplace repetitive and heavy lifting environment in weird workspaces. These people are awful and bullyish jerks. If you can't get hired on straight to Amazon you should avoid the workplace as a temp. You will not like working there for SMX, but if hired straight on than it would be ok because the "real workers" get treated way better than the poor disenfranchised economicly desperate temps of SMX. Get hired straight on or avoid this workplace like the plague.

ConsSet up for discrimination in a workplace that is like apartheid. No matter how horrible you are treated working at Amazon fulfillment, or abused, SMX management will just fire you for bringing it up. Also, if you are injured, SMX will work hard to ensure that you understand you didn't get hurt working at their workplace. SMX is corrupt and make money off of avoiding responsibility for workplace injuries and injustices.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind religion, philosophy, or something, you people are evil.

Worked for Staff Management SMX? Contribute to the Community!