Staffing Now

Not yet rated.

Staffing Now Chairman & CEO Ron Smith

Ron Smith

Pretty Good

Office Services Associate (Current Employee)

ProsStaffing Now is pretty proficient in locating employees assignments.

ConsAssignments are on a "Contractual" basis, therefore, if there is no existing contract in place with a client, then work can "drag" itself out for days or even weeks until opportunities present themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to provide associates ample time when placement calling regarding assignments. Staffing firms primarily operate off a "right now" type of basis, but sometimes people aren't in a position to just "pick up and go!" at the drop of a hat, so as much as advance notice as possible would be great.

Not a fan!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFound me a temp to hire job quickly, but after the 6 month temp period, they failed to do anything to ensure it became a permanent one. I talked to them multiple times about what to do and issues with the company and after a year of the run-around on temp I had to quit . Since then, I have contacted them several times to begin another job (since they had assured because I was still on temp they would ALWAYS be looking for me) but continue to tell me that nothing is available. I would suggest to STAY AWAY and go with another more reputable agency.

Consunprofessional staffing agency, dont care about those they are staffing, only the clients and making money.

Advice to Senior Managementcare about those you are staffing since we are considered your employees!

Horrifyingly unorganized.

Temp (Current Employee)

ProsThey placed me at a great company. That is all I have to thank them for. They are very concerned about pay day too - always sending an email Monday morning requesting your time sheet. Seems that's the only thing they have together.

ConsThey lose your paperwork (such as your license, social security card copy) and say they never copied it to begin with, then find it "stuck to another paper" in your folder later. They don't give you the proper forms for hire beforehand. Instead, they call you while you're in the middle of your work day and expect you to take care of it then, or you simply won't get paid. I was told to take pictures of the paperwork with my cell phone and email them over to the office manager. Okay? The communication level with the recruiters/office manager is absolutely horrible. I would never work for them again unless I was absolutely desperate and jobless.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation isn't enough. It should be based on experience, temporary or not.
    Leadership..... get some new leadership?
    Benefits aren't even worth it. Neighborhood Health is WAY too expensive, especially being that the compensation isn't up to par.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Keep you working with little pay

ProsThey usually keep me busy… most jobs lasts anywhere from 3 months up to 2 years and if you find a good recuiter they will give you what you are worth especially if you represent the company well with good work ethic.

ConsWhen the recruiter do find work… they always give entry-level pay especially if you are clerical (etc. receptionist, administrative assistants. Also, they pull you in saying it’s 2-3 weeks assignment but the client likes you a lot so they keep you but they never negotiate a different pay rate so you are stuck making $10 or $11 and if you refuse then they can deny you unemployment. Especially the office in Downers Grove, IL their recruiter are out only for themselves from the manager on down.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should pay your staffing employee 's according to what they are worth. Especially the recurring ones that take jobs below their pay rate so you can place a client and make them recurring. Hint: If someone has 10 years experience in clerical field don't try and give them $10.00 an hour knowing they are worth at $16.00 per hour and most companies will pay this.

Also, please note: Receptionist aren't just answering phones we are Multi-tasking just like your Admins. do... are you paying them $10 an hour. Being in a good work environment but being loaded down with work is not good for you employee's. Represent for those who represent for you.

Decent temp agency with fairly regular work

Temp (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsI was able to work most of the time (I was looking to get as close to 40 hours as possible and probably got 30 hours a week on average). My supervisor got me a really nice job for a temp--data entry, boring and repetitive but no phone work whatsoever.

ConsIt doesn't always seem possible to get 40 hours a week unless you want to commit to something longer term. Even if you do, there's no guarantee they'll find you something.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy supervisor quit without telling me beforehand. I was caught off guard. Some sort of notification that she quit and my account was being transferred to someone else would have been nice.

Staffing Now Temp Agency

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
    Concord, MA

ProsLower level agency, selected higher paying assignments

ConsNone. Standard temp agency faire.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Be proactive

Temp (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsThe more proactive you are--calling them for assignments-- the more likely you are to receive assignments. Call them often don't wait for them to call you!

ConsThe health plan is expensive and barely covers anything. Many of the jobs only pay you 11/hr, while STaffing Now takes in up to 30/hr for providing you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay us more, and reimburse for parking and transportation. Also, offer more options for health insurance. Involve online booking for jobs.

Good place to start, for a year and move on ! Next !

Recruiting Manager (Former Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsAs a stepping stone to get into the staffing industry it is great, or for a corporate recruiting position.

ConsAside from that it is essentially a position with very little training in terms of skills for the job, other than on the job training. Unfair sales credit policy, they seem to be hung up on old corporate mentality and not very nimble when it comes to shifting with what the market is doing. Offices are managed from a macro level as what the national job market is doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage each office goals based on the individual demographics, local job market, local industries, and put your ear to the ground as to what is happening, Show up and participate in the office, and see what is happening, the strengths and weakness etc.

Unethical company, go elsewhere. There are several other companies within the industry that have values.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo pros. This company is run as a free for all. High turnover.

ConsThe organization is functioning as a "Boy's Club". No policy or procedure is in place, favorites are played, and rules are bent.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistentcy is best.

The communication is horrible.

ProsIf given a job you have the opportunity to find your self a good fit within a company.

ConsThey do not care about your career only about themselves as a company. You work and your opinion does not matter. They choose people based on favoritism and not on work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to the employees and their needs as a team you guys are suppose to be helping each other.

Worked for Staffing Now? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staffing Now reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Staffing Now CEO Ron Smith. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Staffing Now employees.