Staffmark

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lesa J. Francis

Pros
  • weekly pay up front no holding pay back(in 3 reviews)

• Great benefits, impossible to get fired(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Staffmark has poor upper-level management(in 7 reviews)

• Staffing industry requires a lot of hard work and dedication(in 3 reviews)

If you work hard, it pays off!

Team Leader (Former Employee) Breinigsville, PA

ProsLong term temp-hire work position, keeps you busy & active, you learn a lot & they help you out.

ConsTemperatures in warehouse due to extreme weather.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore people should be hired especially if they were temporary employees for over a year.

Consider the opportunity - not the agency

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsWas recruited for an excellent opportunity - salary was actually really good.
    Admin. Staff responded quickly to requests.

ConsNot aware that there is any company provided training
    ZERO benefits and no perks at all.
    Contractors have to obtain insurance from "Marketplace." Even the maximum $5K policy (that barely offset the cost) has been discontinued.
    Truly, a contractor for this company is just a number.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider looking at other agencies and thinking about how you can be more competitive. If not for the salary that came with the opportunity (which was mostly attributable to my experience) - I would never have worked with Staffmark.

Also, would be good to make the onboarding process not require 500 paper copies of all of these forms that other agencies complete using automated systems.

Consider working with clients to offer PTO or Comp time for contracts that are more than 6 months. A year and a half with no PTO is pathetic.

If Staffmark does offer training it is non-obvious. If you did, you'd have better qualified staff to offer to your customers and your business could grow and have a better reputation. And if you had better staff, you could get better contracts, and maybe even treat contractors as people and not products.

Too many hours

Prossome employees are hard working and strive to make a difference

Consexpectations are too high; they let go of needed personnel and require you to do two people's jobs. management says they attempt to make things better, but actions say differently

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

data base entry of newly insured clients with correct information.

Database Processor (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Prostemp firms are interesting and challenging and important.

Consmeeting deadlines, job over too soon, when I was ill, I had to leave job, twice, but these things happen and staffmark is not interested in calling me because of this.

Advice to Senior Managementdont forget about the workers who were employed previously

good

Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) Redlands, CA

Prosthey always find you work

Consthat the jobs may not last long

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

One of the best temporary services ever.

Clerical (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThis company went above and beyond any expectations I could have. They kept me busy until the
    economy went into decline.

ConsNone as they were so helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. We love you!

I appreciate Staffmark's readiness to resolve any issues that I had regarding the job. I recommend them.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Camp Hill, PA

ProsThe position I was offered was suitable for my experience. The job site was clean and professional, and the work was exactly as described in the job description.

ConsThe main challenge was the amount of work: it was pretty much just 25 percent of what we (including Staffmark) was led to believe. There were many days when I would receive under 10 calls - but we were told we'd get up to 50 per day.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. I was satisfied with the management.

Staffmark experience

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Johnson City, TN

Prossalary and that's all no benefits at all

ConsUnlikely to be hired full time at American water heater. I myself worked there for 6 months with perfect scoring on evaluations and never missing any time, and was still let go. Good luck.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the people who work for you and their family's financial welfare before you let them go for no apparent reason.

Decent way to get broad HR experience, terrible place to work long term.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSome of the employees who work here are really nice, genuine people. The benefits are not bad for internal employees, and there are some opportunities for aggressive account managers to make money from direct hire business. Staffmark is also one of the more reliable and compliant staffing companies, so high marks for providing a good product.

ConsThe people who make it long term here prey on the good employees, and this is encouraged by the draconian backstabbing directors. Not a place to work for people who are not used to dealing with unpredictable predatory people in management positions. This is more of a social club than a business, with most people focused on a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" mentality as opposed to focusing on the bottom line. Management often rejects or cripples productive ideas that they can't steal and didn't come up with themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign and let people who understand the difference between measurable success and perceived "winning" rescue the positive remnants of this business.

Segregated

Salvage Specialist (Former Employee) Smyrna, TN

ProsThe company was always hosting fun events for employees

ConsThe company segregated all of the employees, letting only certain employees do benefit. Hard work with tiny reward.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat others with respect and be honest with all employees

Worked for Staffmark? Contribute to the Community!