Stag Software

3.4

CEO

Excellent organization to work

I worked at Stag Software full-time

Pros

Excellent Boss, great people to work with.
    Clear focus on engineering based test.
    Perfect work-life balance. Focus on imparting training to engineers which will bring them up as a strong force in the test industry. Every one including the CEO believes in hands-on technical work.

Cons

It is not a plush, cozy job;.
    Not sure if the salary is in the market range.

Best place to learn for starting your career

Current Employee - Marketing in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Stag Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Extremely friendly co works, excellent opportunity to learn, best place to be in

Cons

Nothing as such, very satisfied

Mixed opinion

I have been working at Stag Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have got good opportunity in Stag Software.
    This was a company taught me a competitive tool which is in high demand in market.
    Got very good client experiences from this company.
    I started gaining confidence from here on, so when I planned to quit, I had 4 offers in my hand.
    And, I have got Strong recognition for the tool I learnt here in CMMI Level 5 company.
    I have seen companies respecting you and believe in your skills, if you are going from Stag.
    Thanks to Stag for that.

Cons

Yes, there is tremendous amount of politics, if you get yield to.
    Few leads/managers, do not have skills of techie/lead/manager but still being able to survive here and able to get a great package.
    Package and hikes are very less.
    Few more are there, but you can't find a company which is all perfect.

Try to identify a talent and retain it.

Worst in my career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Stag Software

Pros

1) Good place to work if you want to do distance education or do part time studies as there wont be much work.
    2) If you don't like working and are spoiling your time at home, u can join stag. You can even watch movies.
    3) All the employees spend most of the time on facebook and browsing.
    4) managers will not police on you as they are very lazy to get up from their seats.
    5) No need to work for full 8 hours. Can come anytime and go anytime.
    6) If you are good at politics and will talk to the manager everyday nicely u might get good compensation.

Cons

This is a very long list, I will only specify few important ones.
    1) Infrastructure - Absolutely poor with no AC, no washroom on every floor, no water most of the times, Broken chairs, cubical and building.
    2) Incompetent old employees - who have no idea about current trends and living in 80's. specially the managers and the leads.
    3) Compensation - This will be way lesser than the industry standards. Sometimes, ridiculous people getting higher paid just because they are from managers hometown or buttering the seniors all the time. ( if you are already working -take this advice)
    4) Technology - Do not have proper resources that a testing company should have, nobody knows whats going on. Simple things like android, Cloud computing etc sounds alien to them.
    5) Co-workers - Due to various reasons, all will be frustrated and you can feel the vibe all the while. Everybody in this company is in someway or the other is looking for a job change. Some get and some are doomed here as they have spent more time in this company and are waste for other companies.
    6) HBT - biggest cons of all. This is a testing methodology developed by the company which is ok. But people here treat it like ISTQB or CSTE which it is not. Its a pile of crap you already know and dont need to read and mug-up.
    7) No cleanliness - the building leaks during rainy season, people wear anything they want like slippers in office, washroom is disgusting, Workplace is full of dust everywhere as there is no one to clean (I cleaned it myself -imagine that) including your desks.
    8) South culture - Non-South Indians please dont join here as u will be a victim of extreme politics and trauma. this company is made by south people for the south. The managers and leads speak in Malayalam, tamil and telugu among themselves. They are collectively bad at English.

I dont know how to start advicing you. Since last 11years u weren't able to change anything. M sure you are not interested to do.
    Fire those incompetent senior people and get some good people for a start. And try to focus on getting some new projects, HBT wont feed you and your employees (its better when its free). Stop hiring people from your course. Most of them came to stag with an impression that they'll get a job after paying 1lakh ( you cant find good employees from pay money and get job policy).
    Please for god's sake improve the infrastructure (you people dont look like a software company).

Good company for a person to start his QA career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Stag Software

Pros

Chance to work for different clients.
    Strong testing basics in the industry
    Clients vary from Start up to big corporations.So if you are lucky, you get to have an impressive profile.

Cons

Company needs to encuorage Engineers to increase their communication skills
    Compensation could be better.
    Still known in the market as a training services company even now though many such companies ahve sprouted up.

Pull up your socks and target a variety of markets.
    Target Asian markets too
    Pay more to the salaries and more personal feedback would be better.