Standard Parking

www.standardparking.com

Standard Parking Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014
Standard Parking – US – “Shuttle Bus”

Standard Parking President, CEO, and Director Jim Wilhelm

Jim Wilhelm

Standard Parking at the Seattle Dexter Ave N office

Bookkeeper (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsSorry i have no Pros as the company went from a small to a giant corporate company changing the work environment from hello john, Jane etc to who are you?

ConsNo training, No career advancements, No recognition

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave or go to Management Training, then learn how to treat your staff professionally

Good as a short term job.

ProsIt's a good place to work at if you need balance between work and school. Depending on the job, hours are relatively flexible.

ConsThere's not much opportunity to grow within the company. If you want to grow or advance within the company, it would require you to move to a different location.

Standard Parking is a solid company to work for. Recently doubled in size due to a merger with Central Parking.

ProsReasonable work environment. Pretty good benefits although average compensation on the whole. Good place to work while bringing up a family. Going through some growing pains due to merger.

ConsLimited opportunities for advancement in
    Administration areas

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible Job

Marketing Representative (Former Employee)

Proswe got free parking.... barely. If you do not work at that location you don't get free parking. They will watch you like a hawk and ask why you didn't pay for parking and fire anyone that got you free parking... EVEN THOUGH YOU WORK FOR THE COMPANY!

Conshorrible management, disrespectful managers, and ready to blame. They care more about yelling at you then teaching you. Don't work here

Advice to Senior ManagementWorked here for 8 months... management was horrible! Disrespectful, forgetful, ready to blame, and never taught me anything. They assume you to know everything within in the first 2 weeks without ever teaching you how to do anything. example: go hand out flyers within this area and create a pivot table to determine the growth from the beginning of the project to the end. How would you like me to do that? figure it out....

Everyone around me knew that my manager sucked and didn't train me properly. She yelled at me and asked why I didn't know how to talk to customers on the phone. Maybe if she taught me the "Standard Parking" way I would of known but she rather yell then do that... Thanks for nothing!

Horrible working conditions, very disrespectful

CDL Driver (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosdecent wage and benefits for the most part

Constotally unorganized, no bathroom breaks without being yelled at., shifts changed without you knowing about it, spoken to in a very disrespectful manner. when you talk to the so called Manager she acts like she knows nothing about what it going on there, when she is the one causing all the drama

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need total reorganization in the dfw area

Good internship opportunity, wouldn't go full time.

Project Management Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe downtown location on Michigan Ave. can't be beat. Plenty of activities just an elevator ride away (perfect for lunchtime eats/shopping).

ConsCompany culture and workplace environment was OK but didn't really meet my expectations of what a luxury hospitality company would provide to its central office employees.

Don't work for Standard Parking

Maint/Suttle Driver/Cashier (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThe workers are fine and the job is easy.

ConsThe bosses are not what you would think a boss should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your way of thinking. TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE THAT TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!!

Poor Management

Pros- Exposure to many interesting events through the Gameday Management Team (Super Bowl, Olympics, etc...)
    - Fast paced environment
    - Team oriented

Cons- Zero strategic vision from upper management
    - Little room for growth outside of sales and onsite location management
    - Mediocre benefits
    - Leadership / Management favors seniority more than quality of work.
    - Outdated equipment
    - Favoritism towards certain divisions
    - No time / money for professional growth

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a higher value on professional development and growth to employees who want it.

Great company undergoing reorganization

Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsVacation and holiday pay
    Good health benefits
    Great Staff
    Seems to be run in a proficient way

ConsCompany recently acquired Central Parking and the corporate side of the company seems to be stalling while the reorganization process is ongoing. Some area and district managers have redundant responsibilities while other responsibilities are overlooked because it is "the other managers" territory.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue updating policies and cement each positions responsibilities.

Not a good place to work

CDL Driver (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsDecent wage per hour...co workers are wonderful people

Cons"Memo board management"...does not handle issues or complaints from employees. Spoken to over the radio in unprofessional manner. Few or no bathroom breaks without getting behind in schedule. Gates always broken, always taking alternate routes, you are not appreciated at all. Drive to office to clock in, then drive to bus lot in your vehicle, then again at lunch break, then drive back to office to clock out...company needs to transport employees. Constant complaints from passengers...what a horrible place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing will change here....over 4000 employees in 4 years

Worked for Standard Parking? Contribute to the Community!