Standard Parking
www.standardparking.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Standard Parking Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014
Standard Parking – US – “Shuttle Bus”

Standard Parking President, CEO, and Director Jim Wilhelm

Jim Wilhelm

I enjoyed my work and the Co. was fair to me always

Parrking Enforcemeent Ofc (Former Employee)
    Palm Springs, CA

ProsWe worked hard and played hard

Conspeople don't like getting parking citations

Your time is not yours

Managemment (Current Employee)

ProsA lot of tools and forms to help with the day to day operation

ConsLack of initial training, do more with less mentality. IT help is virtually non-existent.

GREAT WORK PLACE

Lot Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee)
    Traverse City, MI

Prosour site is very laid back, very comfortable work enviorment, independent work, set schedules, and flexable hours, also you are gaurenteed at least a cost of living raise every year. you get holiday pay which is double time vs time an a half. usually the people who do work here stay for long periods of time, specifically our one employee who has been here for 9 years and its a very warm and family like business. all about satifying the customers and helping them with needs to make their visit pleasurable. its nice to feel like your boss vaules and appreciates you and your work ethic. also our site manager is very will to teach, learn, and help out his employees also our site manager is all about encouraging personal achievements and growth as a person. i have personal hae never had a better job with a better boss. i love my job and our management at our site and co-workers. along with other co-workers they are very welcoming and accepting and eager to teach... everyone is a team player, its like a giant family and couldnt ask for better. plus can be transfered to other sites.

Consmidnights arent the greatest have to work in all weather conditions even extreme, no benefits, no full time status, no room for promotions, no proformance raise. machines go down frequently. our site manager is wonderful and very approachable but district/regional manager never seen or met them.

Advice to Senior Managementit would be nice to recieve benefits and have the chance of full time. properly running machinery. proformence raises would be delightful.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stress

ProsNone at this time. I was very displeased with the working conditions at Central parking. but maybe the new leadership is different .

Cons90hrs a week. No management support. Pay was terrible. Not a good working environment. Dirty tactics used to get promotions

Limited opportunity for growth, low wages.

Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Portland, ME

ProsMy boss and I got along pretty well, benefits package was okay. Improvements were being made for training.

ConsLow wages, limited opportunities for growth and advancement, especially for front line workers, lead to a rather dismal environment. At an airport location (and probably others) the 24/7 nature of the business is a grind, especially when it's almost impossible to build team spirit with non-work related activities. Staffing was skeletal, with little or no backup. Turnover was high. I spent about half my time hiring and training people, who tended to leave within a year. Equipment investment was low and slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping decent front line people is impossible at close to minimum wage. They're driving/running expensive equipment around expensive customer automobiles, handling hundreds of customers and thousands of dollars daily, but still SP is paying them peanuts for their abilities (should they possess any). The ones that stay on the job are generally being babysat by supervisors and managers.

Sometimes

Special Event Attendant (Current Employee)
    Landover, MD

ProsEasy Work: The job is basically directing cars into a parking lot
    Interacting With Customers: Tailgaters are fun and energized
    Laid back environment: You can talk to other employees and customers while on the job.
    Break length

Great job if you're looking for a a little extra cash. Supervisors don't breathe down your neck about every detail. If you are a trusted and responsible employee your judgement calls are accepted and not questioned when solving problems.

ConsSupervisors aren't always prepared as they should be. Sometimes they are just as confused as the employees are on really busy days.
    Standing for a long period of time but thats just part of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining could be better. Let lower employees know what they can do to acquire a higher position. Provide supervisors with more details.

EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT

Assistant Facility Manager (Former Employee)
    Richmond, VA

ProsI was an Assistant Facility Manager: Pros....
    Flexible schedule
    Working in and outside of office
    Loved daily interaction with employees and the public

ConsDaily irate customers
    Doesn't show appreciation for employees

Now for Management:
    Racism
    Sexist
    Extreme favoritism
    Upper Management mocks employees and tells all
    Leadership / Management favors seniority more than quality of work.
    Outdated equipment
    No set standards; simply wings it as they go along
    No consistence
    Unprofessional and waste time/money
    I was not allowed to appreciate my employees

Advice to Senior ManagementNo need to give advice, for it will only be belittled behind closed doors.

Mergers do this to companies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a job, but not much else. A 9 to 5 with very little room for creativity or growth.

ConsThe parking business is a low paying business for all field employees, but even in the offices where management resides, it's a cut throat environment with back stabbing being the norm.

The offices are plain colored with no liberties to even post a personal photo. It's a senseless army of drones at the top, with no respect for those under.

I'm glad I'm out of that nut house.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a life.

modern day slave plantation

Prosco workers & on the bus away from management

Consmanager & asst. manager are very uncaring, only concerned about bonus checks for there pockets, no room for advancement

Advice to Senior Managementget better manager & asst manager care about front line which is the drivers

Just a job to get through

Shuttle Driver (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsOpportunity to make tips and meet new people

ConsNo benefits for part-time employees, Can only call out 6 time before you are suspended

Worked for Standard Parking? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Standard Parking reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Standard Parking CEO Jim Wilhelm. All 46 reviews posted anonymously by Standard Parking employees.