Standard Parking

www.standardparking.com

Standard Parking Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Standard Parking – US – “Shuttle Bus”

Standard Parking President, CEO, and Director Jim Wilhelm

Jim Wilhelm

I enjoyed my work and the Co. was fair to me always

Parrking Enforcemeent Ofc (Former Employee) Palm Springs, CA

ProsWe worked hard and played hard

Conspeople don't like getting parking citations

GREAT WORK PLACE

Lot Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) Traverse City, MI

Prosour site is very laid back, very comfortable work enviorment, independent work, set schedules, and flexable hours, also you are gaurenteed at least a cost of living raise every year. you get holiday pay which is double time vs time an a half. usually the people who do work here stay for long periods of time, specifically our one employee who has been here for 9 years and its a very warm and family like business. all about satifying the customers and helping them with needs to make their visit pleasurable. its nice to feel like your boss vaules and appreciates you and your work ethic. also our site manager is very will to teach, learn, and help out his employees also our site manager is all about encouraging personal achievements and growth as a person. i have personal hae never had a better job with a better boss. i love my job and our management at our site and co-workers. along with other co-workers they are very welcoming and accepting and eager to teach... everyone is a team player, its like a giant family and couldnt ask for better. plus can be transfered to other sites.

Consmidnights arent the greatest have to work in all weather conditions even extreme, no benefits, no full time status, no room for promotions, no proformance raise. machines go down frequently. our site manager is wonderful and very approachable but district/regional manager never seen or met them.

Advice to Senior Managementit would be nice to recieve benefits and have the chance of full time. properly running machinery. proformence raises would be delightful.

good, no stress job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat work life balance
    no stress

Consno real place to go

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sometimes

Special Event Attendant (Current Employee) Landover, MD

ProsEasy Work: The job is basically directing cars into a parking lot
    Interacting With Customers: Tailgaters are fun and energized
    Laid back environment: You can talk to other employees and customers while on the job.
    Break length

Great job if you're looking for a a little extra cash. Supervisors don't breathe down your neck about every detail. If you are a trusted and responsible employee your judgement calls are accepted and not questioned when solving problems.

ConsSupervisors aren't always prepared as they should be. Sometimes they are just as confused as the employees are on really busy days.
    Standing for a long period of time but thats just part of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining could be better. Let lower employees know what they can do to acquire a higher position. Provide supervisors with more details.

Standard Parking is a solid company to work for. Recently doubled in size due to a merger with Central Parking.

ProsReasonable work environment. Pretty good benefits although average compensation on the whole. Good place to work while bringing up a family. Going through some growing pains due to merger.

ConsLimited opportunities for advancement in
    Administration areas

Great company undergoing reorganization

Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsVacation and holiday pay
    Good health benefits
    Great Staff
    Seems to be run in a proficient way

ConsCompany recently acquired Central Parking and the corporate side of the company seems to be stalling while the reorganization process is ongoing. Some area and district managers have redundant responsibilities while other responsibilities are overlooked because it is "the other managers" territory.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue updating policies and cement each positions responsibilities.

Interesting Company to work for

Parking Valet (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Proslots of things to do

Conswho do you work for?

Advice to Senior Managementeach business is run differently

not bad just not organized very well

Proscompetitive wages. promotions, and definatly challenging enviroment

Conslack of resources. lack of management

Advice to Senior Managementwork on c ustomer relations

my experience was good

Garage Attendant (Former Employee)

Prosstandard parking was a good place to work, respectful fair pay, could be better, but this is true with a lot of places. Uniforms provided, must return or you pay out of pocket, they clean them for you.
    Overall nice place to work , people really nice

ConsPay could be better, like most places these days, not really any bad things to report maybe a faster track to advancing career position

Advice to Senior Managementbetter pay, faster track to advancement of career keep up respect for workers, continue to praise their work a little in the way of appreciation towards workers, goes a long way

Easy money

Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI don't do much, but am paid a reasonable amount for it.

ConsBoredom. Probably not too many opportunities for growth, from hourly jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake benefits info more clear.

Worked for Standard Parking? Contribute to the Community!