Standard Register

Standard Register Reviews in Dayton, OH

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Standard Register EVP, Acting CEO, and COO Joe Morgan Jr.

Joe Morgan Jr.

Pros
  • Flexibility & Oustide of management, i had the pleasure of working with some great people(in 8 reviews)

• Recently moved 1 Customer Service Manager to another department(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a single person in corporate could do the job of anyone in customer service(in 13 reviews)

• Company is getting too big and the upper management is losing touch with those who do the work(in 12 reviews)

23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Job Experience

Client Care Manager (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsIt is a customer service oriented company, warm with the employes and confident of the entire team.

ConsDownsizing has been a problem lately and their strive to keep on the market with new solutions, Im confident it iwll make it for another 100 years,

Look at me leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsGreat people below all of the Directors, VP's and C levels.

ConsIt is like going back to the 80's when it comes to internal systems. Too many homegrown programs that do not interact well. The company will spend millions on projects that do not have a future, but will not invest in upgrading their ERP to a modern system. It seems like everyone is a Director or above, leaving the work to be done by a few. No on can make a decision without upper management. The CEO is too concerned with telling everyone how great he is and all the perks he gets for being CEO than actually guiding the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting your golf partners to Director positions and start looking for people who can actually provide a vision and drive you there. You might want to look at your C level, new blood would help the company.

Long hours with a low pay.

Service Studio Representative (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThere are a lot of good, talented people who have and are still working there. Best place to get some experience and move on.

ConsVery stressful Customer Service Area. Too much responsibility placed on the shoulders of the employees. Long work hours. Management demands you work from home during your off hours. We were told in one meeting by a supervisor "Take your laptops home, feed your families and then log into your laptops afterwards." In another meeting was told by a VP "Just be thankful that you can feed your family."

Advice to Senior ManagementAccept the reality of the limitations within your old applications that SR neglected to improve over the years. Stop forcing your employees to fill in the gaps. Each division should work more closely together and not as individual entities. Accept the fact the failures and mistakes are Team failures not individual groups or singular person failures. Support cross-team brainstorming sessions. Be more involved in the day to day activities of your employees, while focusing less on the "pie in the sky" philosophies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Standard Register

CSS (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThey included a self-serve marketplace for employees.

ConsStandard register purchased Workflowone; no 401k, pay is really below market for someone with a degree. It seems like two separate companies in one building. They start new employees higher than their old employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees instead of telling us future plans that doesn't work.

Long Hours, Continuous Revolving Door for Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThere are some very wonderful and talented people who work there.

ConsThe company is constantly downsizing, forcing surviving employees to work more and more hours. They are not honest during the interview process about how many hours are required. If you work because you need a paycheck, I would not suggest a career at SR.

Horrible

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsGetting a paycheck every two weeks.

ConsNot enough pay for all that you do, no raises and the company can careless about you as a human.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and make necessary changes when asked or suggested. Stop being money hungry.

Service Studio Representative

Service Studio Representative (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsI was employed there for four years, so I would say the fact that I had job stability for four years was the very few pros. Also, my co-workers where the best kind of people from all walks of life. We made the best of a bad situation.

ConsManagement was very inexperience and very unqualified to hold these positions. Tenure people were threaded as it their obligation to train others without being compensated. The systems were outdated. Processes changed from day to day. Aside from the layoffs, people were resigning at a alarming rate, including top executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe department I worked in, majority of the managers in that department had no business in the position. Seek educating yourself on being better leaders. Lack of leadership showed in the work that was being released

Going Down Fast!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsHmmmmm, hard to think of something here. Maybe promoting people who do not know what they are doing and would otherwise not be promoted in other companies...

ConsHorrible culture, mismanagement, confusing direction, no processes, layoffs of the dedicated and loyal employees to hire friends with no clue. I have no hope that this company will make it for much longer. They cannot seem to handle even the smallest of clients well.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all top management except Joe to save the company and hire a team to help hire people who know what they are doing and save the company. Not sure if there is time to even do that. A shame since once this company was on the move with smarts and integrity - now they lack both.

Standard Register was a great place to begin a career that offered many opportunities to contribute and learn new skills

Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsSmall enough company to form professional relationships with the executives and large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities.

ConsDue to the nature of this business and the ever increasing pressures to reinvent itself, there were many strategies that were quickly abandoned creating frustration within the workforce and with the customer and partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a strategy and give it a sufficient time to succeed.

Dreadful

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsCasual Fridays? Not much else to look forward to here.

ConsPay , morale , turnover , generally just walking in to the building sucks the life out of you. People that have been there a long time tell you about how things used to be, the management talks about how things are going to be (for the last 2 years) but nothing changes. The systems are from 1990 (at best) and we make things look shiny on the outside for customers but are a tangled web of mess behind the scenes.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust quit now put us out of our misery.

Worked for Standard Register? Contribute to the Community!