Standard Register

Standard Register Reviews

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
2.0

Standard Register EVP, Acting CEO, and COO Joe Morgan Jr.
Joe Morgan Jr.

Pros
  • Flexibility & Oustide of management, i had the pleasure of working with some great people (in 11 reviews)

• work from home on snowy days, caring employees, interesting work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is getting too big and the upper management is losing touch with those who do the work (in 14 reviews)

• Not a single person in corporate could do the job of anyone in customer service (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company!

I worked at Standard Register

Pros

Great work culture, good location

Cons

Unstable future outlook as many people have been let go

bindery

Former Employee - Bindery in Jeffersonville, IN
    Former Employee - Bindery in Jeffersonville, IN

I worked at Standard Register as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

easy work, flexible, nice co-workers

Cons

bosses are rude, prejudice, down right mean.. treat you like crap

Resign you don't treat your employees right , the morale is disgusting

Look at me leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I worked at Standard Register full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people below all of the Directors, VP's and C levels.

Cons

It is like going back to the 80's when it comes to internal systems. Too many homegrown programs that do not interact well. The company will spend millions on projects that do not have a future, but will not invest in upgrading their ERP to a modern system. It seems like everyone is a Director or above, leaving the work to be done by a few. No on can make a decision without upper management. The CEO is too concerned with telling everyone how great he is and all the perks he gets for being CEO than actually guiding the company.

Stop promoting your golf partners to Director positions and start looking for people who can actually provide a vision and drive you there. You might want to look at your C level, new blood would help the company.

Customer service

I have been working at Standard Register full-time

Pros

Most coworkers are hard working, decent and kind people.

Cons

Poor management. Too much work for too few people. Company is getting too big and the upper management is losing touch with those who do the work.

Awful

I worked at Standard Register

Pros

No one has a clue

Cons

Literally one of the best examples of a company with upper management depicting a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off.

Quit

Dying Company in a Dying Industry

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Standard Register full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Best reason is for experience and then moving on to another organization that compensates fairly.

Cons

Compensation is worst in the industry. Sales is completely devalued at SR.

Exec Mgmt is weak.

depressing work environment

Current Employee - Press Operator
    Current Employee - Press Operator

I have been working at Standard Register full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

better than average vacation time, pto, work-life balance ok in production

Cons

after being bought out by Standard (I'm a former Workflow One / Duplex employee), I anticipated a positive,,any kind of positive. As you can see the only real positive was time off. Big steps backwards overall. Bogging down production with a very antiquated system. We took 20 years of smooth organization and had to replace it with utter chaos. Trying to play hard-core with what few employees that are left. Everything is about being fired for one of a gadzillion safety infractions. I guess you're only really safe (in corporate's eyes) if you just punch in and stand at attention and BS with the bosses. Too early to tell about raises,,but with WFO I had a -10% raise 4 yrs ago (yes, negative 10%). Most of us here are beyond frustrated financially and many are already jumping ship. Those that are left are too old to move on,,,

We're only here for the money, like yourself. Not egos. Not a hobby. Not to save the world. We all try to make this a better company with hard work and innovative ideas. When there is an opportunity,,compensate,,that is why we are here.

Real Feedback to Standard Register That Needs Real Leadership

Former Employee - Center Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Standard Register full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, facilities you work in are above average, potential for growing the business is there and
    most of the people you work with are smart, intelligent and are not afraid of hard work.

Cons

Leadership at the top is non-existent. Good leadership is looking to exit the company. Too much turnover
    in leadership. Company continues to try and reinvent the wheel instead of sticking with what works and failing to stop making changes to the things that do work. The company fails to take advantage of its own internal resources for solving problems at the local level. Work flow standards are inconsistent and constantly in flux.

Management needs to promote people that have earned the right to succeed and move up.
    Company needs to understand hard work always achieves when talent does not work hard.

Once A Great Company!

I worked at Standard Register

Pros

Talented employees, good pay, good benefits.

Cons

Heavy work loads, lost focus on customer service, too much focus on metrics, micro managing.

Take better care of employees and customers. Customers are complaining and should be a primary focus. New transition is not working for customers or employees.

Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Toccoa, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Toccoa, GA

I worked at Standard Register full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay ok. Benefits are so so were better in years past. No match 401k. Vacation gone away from past and not a pro. Flex time great when they let you use it.

Cons

Upper management sucks. Reducing work force of tenured associates and hiring younger at min pay as salaried. Forcing to work long hrs including mandatory Saturdays.

Treat associates as human beings not numbers. Reward for tenure, knowledge, quality and perfect attendance a must to survive. Keep jobs in the USA! Listen to your customers. They pay the bills.