Standard Textile

Gary Heiman

textile quality control

Current Contractor - QUALITY CONTROL IN TEXTILES in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - QUALITY CONTROL IN TEXTILES in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Standard Textile as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

earning money and improve the country

Cons

EXPECTING VISA,IN MY JOB TO USA

MAINTAIN HIGH QUALITY OF PRODUCTION

High turn-over and poor communication; the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Standard Textile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent paid time off and on-site gym. On-site fitness classes were great until the fitness room was remodeled. Room became so small instructors chose to quit teaching. Compensation is okay if you avoid certain divisions.

Cons

Poor inter-departmental communication, too much finger pointing and zero accountability, inefficient processes, no standard procedures set in place to follow - every instance is "situational". Senior management exhibits megalomania, company demonstrates nepotism and careless corporate spending (re-branded 5 times in 4 years, built on-site lab to wow VIP customers meanwhile hasn't updated/improved program software in decades). Hyper-focused on the bells and whistles of company image rather than delivering results to maintain customer satisfaction. Great ideas are welcomed but once the meeting ends nothing gets accomplished. There are too many hurdles so people generally don't want to get involved. Employees wear too many hats causing responsibilities to overlap, often duplicating efforts. Company prides itself on innovation when in reality is anything but innovative.

My advice was given when asked. Management will continue to burn their own bridges.

Great and caring company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Standard Textile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very health conscience and caring of employees

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

Sexist, Dishonest Company

Former Employee - Kaumograph Associate in Hebron, KY
    Former Employee - Kaumograph Associate in Hebron, KY

I worked at Standard Textile full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy to get to and they have nice textiles you can purchase

Cons

Like working in a sweat shop, they have no respect, and poor communication skills.

Engage employees in more knowledge of other parts of company, be 110% honest ,direct and informative about all company policies and benefits or lack there of, offer more ways to boost moral, treat all employees fairly without favouring one or more based upon personal relationships.

Nepotism!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Standard Textile full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only part of this company that is above average is the PTO

Cons

Nepotism at it's finest. If you're not part of the family, Jewish, or sleeping with someone in he family the chances of a fair salary and promotion are slim to none.

There is a definite sense of hierarchy and if you are not in upper management you will work hard, be paid minimal, be micromanaged, and treated like an incompetent.

Raises are small and insignificant compared to cost of living increases. Employees are not treated fairly across the board. Company finances are used recklessly. They value image more than their employees, and do no view their employees as people, rather numbers. The harder you work, the more they expect of you with no greater compensation. Others can get away with unsatisfactory work and are then given less work, same compensation as those that are hard working. There is no motivation to succeed and grow professionally.

This is by the worst company I have worked for. I have seen very unethical practices within the company, but since it is family owned it does no good reporting anything to HR.

Re evaluate compensation, management, and ethics

A fast moving past job.

Current Contractor - Machine Operator in Augusta, GA
    Current Contractor - Machine Operator in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Standard Textile as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

It was a great experience working on machines. Working with all kind of people.

Cons

Had to work in the heat. With no water, or sports drinks allowed in the plant.

Good springboard for next career opportunity.

Current Employee - Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Standard Textile full-time (more than a year)

Pros

In house cafeteria and work out room. Will understand how to work hard in any non-management position. Some great leaders within management.

Cons

Low pay across the board compared to like positions at any other Cincinnati, OH company yet expected to work more as opposed to acquiring proper resources. Mediocrity is the standard in many divisions because of low merit amongst most associates leading to high turnover. Frugal management doesn't understand the concept of rewarding their good people and compensating associates fairly. Company in need of strategic changes but these will never take place because it is a privately owned company.

Keep associates challenged in more ways than just high quantity of work.

Awful management, under staffed

Former Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Standard Textile full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have a cafe? That's about it.

Cons

The management at this company is down right awful. They put down employees, talk behind their employyee's back, and honestly could care less about their employees. I worked 65+ hour work weeks constantly, all while other departments finger point at each other. Management lies and tell you that they will hire help, but they never do. The raises (if you're lucky to get one) don't even compete with inflation let alone the market average. Management works you like a dog. I've been told I am not allowed to leave my desk until the "task" was finished (which takes 6-8+ hours) and specifically told "that means lunch" you are not allowed to eat at your desk so basically you have to work 8 straight hours without any food. This place is by far the worst place I've ever worked. I now work some where else for a lot more money and only 40 hours of work and better benefits. So glad I left.

Hire more people and treat your employees with respect!

This was the worst company I've ever worked for.

I worked at Standard Textile

Pros

The office was close to my house.

Cons

Terrible Management- they put people in management positions, not based on experience, but on nepotism and favoritism.

No career path

Bad pay

Poor communication- it is impossible to decifer who is being honest with you and who is lying to your face.

Privately owned- no one can hold them accountable for their actions.

Start valuing your employees or you're going to lose them.

Worked there for almost 3 years, which was about 1 year too long. I highly recommend you stay away from this company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Standard Textile full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have their own cafeteria.

Cons

No recognition. You are part of the machine. Compensation is below the norm. Micromanagement. There is a prevalence of management not accepting input. As a family owned company, nepotism is high. Raises and bonuses are supposed to be based on performance. I found it to be based solely on who the boss likes. If you like that form of reward, then Standard Textile is for you.

Make your employees part of a team, not just worker drones. Review your third party health insurance. It shouldn't have to be a battle to get them to pay out when you've paid in.