StandardAero Reviews

1. standard aero

Former Employee - SHEET METAL TECHNICIAN in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - SHEET METAL TECHNICIAN in San Antonio, TX

I worked at StandardAero full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

inside work. ok pay. laid back environment. really good,cool people that work on the shop floor.

Cons

management,needs to get a grip on themselves. being rushed on work when there is hardly any work. too many lay off worries.

Advice to Management

learn the job your machanics do before judging anything. its not ALL ALWAYS THE SAME.!

2. Started out great but ended on a flat note.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at StandardAero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has great benefits for employees. Most of the people on the floor are pretty kind and outgoing

Cons

Management is horrible. It is extremely cliquish. Many people who are in positions of leadership do not have degrees and have insecurity in regards to anyone who might be more educated so they tend to stonewall individuals who are looking to do more for the company in a leadership role.or they have college graduates with virtually no experience whatsoever trying to belittle the experience of people who are subject matter experts in their respective jobs.

Advice to Management

Look into people who are improving themselves thru education and certifications. Promote and develop from within the company. You are losing talent due to the "old guard" trying to keep themselves relevant .

3. Love it

Former Employee - Controller in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Controller in Mason, OH

I worked at StandardAero full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. Everyone tries to make things work. A real effort for continuous improvement.

Cons

Corporate forced a reduction in force.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

5. Great Co-workers

Former Employee - Mechanic in Maryville, TN
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Maryville, TN

I worked at StandardAero full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great coworkers always felt like a family there. Good benefits, good 401k match. Always looked forward to going to work. Great job for the area. They are a good company for promoting from with in. (sorta).

Cons

COMMUNICATION!!! the lack of communication there is pathetic. Management gives you enough information to make you leave scratching your head. Most of the time you heard of something going on through the grape vine. If you want to get promoted you better know how to play golf and be on the golf league with the right person. When a position is posted the person has already been chosen so no others need apply. Just because they are the only "game in town" when it comes to aerospace management hold that over your head as far as salary. Use to get great raises and cost of living twice a year about 7-10% average. Now you are lucky to get 2% once a year. You are treated like a number now instead of a person.

Advice to Management

Wake up!! quit treating your employees like they owe you something. Sure you are the only one's around that area but you are not the only fish in the sea. If you don't start communicating better and paying a little better you will lose all the good mechanics that you have left. The ones that don't mind moving will be gone. We are humans just like you treat us like you would like to be treated. when asked about something instead of blowing it off tell them you can't say anything about it just yet. they will respect you better for it.

6. Testcell tech

Former Employee - Test Cell Tech in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Test Cell Tech in Augusta, GA

I worked at StandardAero

Pros

Tested reconditioned engines for leaks, thrust, and vibes.

Cons

We took pride in our work.

7. Leadership is out for personal gain.

I have been working at StandardAero

Pros

Strong workforce, highly skilled technicians, benefits are okay. 401k seems competitive with 100% company match your first 5%.

Cons

Leadership wastes money on themselves, attempts to justify "business travel" for bringing in customers, yet new customers are yet to be seen.

Advice to Management

Move on! Allow us to be led by someone who actually cares about the business.

8. as an A&P

I have been working at StandardAero

Pros

It is a great company to work for as a mechanic. Airlines typically pamper pilots over their maintenance and Standard aero shows a greater respect for mechanics.

Cons

It is hard to understand management's reasoning on certian tasks. Communication about why something is to be done simply does not exist.

Advice to Management

Open the communication lines, explain the why to employees , not simply because I said so. We want the company to grow and succed. We want to be a part of that success.

9. Under the thumb

Former Employee - Mechanical
    Former Employee - Mechanical

I worked at StandardAero full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Was a great place to work because of the people meaning co workers. Found it to be great experience.

Cons

Very micro managed from office personnel to management on the floor. If your a good worker in your area or dept, Good luck moving up or latterally . Managers and supervisers act like they must keep you under their thumb as if your trying to get something over on them or you may know something they dont. People in some positions that shouldnt be just because of a degree but dont know sqawt.

10. Was a great company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at StandardAero full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great potential, knowledgeable workers, tremendous capability

Cons

Horrible upper management since the Dubai purchase (exodus of the Canadian Management). Executive Management tinkers with things that are not broken and ends up adding too much overhead = loss of profit. Too many "excellence programs" that add nothing to the bottom line. Salary that is not in keeping with the industry equivalents. Central IT is equivalent to pre-80's architecture.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting Supply Chain dollar chasers to run divisions or the overall company. They only have one motive - drain every ounce of profit from the company as it crumbles around them. Individuals who are knowledgeable of the business (Engineering types) are better suited for an MRO company. Your employees are your most valuable asset, not your Executive Management Team.

Good place to work at but could not keep the work constant .

I worked at StandardAero

Pros

Good Co worker's clean shop and provided all tooling for job

Cons

For my last two years there I was never busy. Over time was cut to nothing last 6 months and always a promise for more but two years of promises. I gave up.

RSS Feed </> Embed