Stanford Health Care Reviews

Updated March 28, 2015
129 reviews filtered by

1. Another opporunity...still here :)

I have been working at Stanford Health Care

Pros

- Received 2nd promotion in June to position that is few steps higher then my last (bigger salary increase).
    - Company is trying to standardize departments, workflows & jobs...thumbs up...I agree.
    - New Hospital (to be completed by 2018) will give us a new facility to look forward to!

Cons

- Upper management can be political.
    - Lots of competition for jobs from both an external and internal prespective.

- Give your dedicated employees the opportunities they deserve.
    - Encourage us to build ourselves so that we may serve you better (education, skills, ect.)

2. Long term employee who has seen huge changes in the last few years.

I have been working at Stanford Health Care

Pros

Compensation package, generous paid time off (39 days/year), education fund of $2000, 403B matching.

Cons

Commute - it is a tough drive from anywhere in the Bay Area - even the folks who live in Palo Alto have a 30 minute commute.

Worst company I have ever worked

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Its just the name -Stanford. I didn't experience anything good working here.

Cons

I work in IT department, fully political company. No Diversity in IT department. Absolutely zero encouragement and motivation for me. Managers and co workers are rude and disgusting. There is no way to complain with HR either. Higher management plays games with sincere employees, no equal opportunity for employment.

This company needs re org. Absolutely disgusting staff in IT department. Needs to replace all Tamil speaking staff with educated and decent local employees. NO work life balance.

Nurses, Avoid the Quality Department

I worked at Stanford Health Care

Pros

Beautiful hospital setting, great benefits, working with world class physicians.

Cons

Highly political, massive overturn in the quality department, with no change in the established leadership. The nurses that work with direct patient care seem very content, however, beware this department.

No Valid 360 Review

Former Employee - Finance in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Stanford Health Care full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benfit package, more PTO days than many organization

Cons

Very hierarchical. No valid venues to provide feedback on a bad manager

7. Mixed review

Former Employee - Human Resources - Compensation in Stanford, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources - Compensation in Stanford, CA

I worked at Stanford Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is employee oriented. They have an excellent employee insentive program.

Cons

Somewhat rigid in how they approach the work environment. They call it the Stanford way.

Become more aware of what all employees contribute.

8. Very challenging and rewarding hospital to work for!

I worked at Stanford Health Care full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Supportive leadership with wonderful diverse atmosphere of extremely intelligent people - some of the smartest people in the world work at Stanford Hospital. Great salary and benefits!

Cons

Cost of living is the worst! Additionally, depending on what office you work out of, traffic is a nightmare given the booming economy of the area (Google, HP, Facebook, Apple, etc.) and the fact that Stanford is building a new hospital to replace the original.

The HR department lacks any leadership and is rudderless. The HR staff are terrific and do the best with what they have but since about 2012 all benefits are outsourced, which means no one can help you and due to the complexity of the benefits the vendors are useless.

9. Exhilarating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford Health Care part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is exciting, interesting and my co-workers are for the most part some of the kindest people on the planet.

Cons

Many demands from all sides - management, hospital and patients. However our patients are, despite their illnesses, often patient and tolerant.

We need leadership as well as management. I realize there are many good managers in the world who keep things running smoothly and a chronic lack of leadership. However we need leaders with a vision for what could be and workable ways to get there as a team. We need strong leadership to manage the rare, but morale lowering goof-off, opportunist and cynic. Those particular people need to take a long walk elsewhere.

10. I like this place

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Stanford Health Care as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The company is very famous and collaborate with different teams and that's good for a beginner.

Cons

A lot of new stuff in the hospital and such a big team. Communictaion is very important.

Experienced nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford Health Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love my coworkers. I also love the amazing experience of working in such a respected teaching hospital as well as the knowledge gained. I feel like an active and important member of the treatment team.

Cons

Management. It is poor. I have had a number of patient care managers in my unit in just a handful of years and each seems worse than the one before. They have very poor communication skills and even worse leadership skills.

Do an analysis of management in the hospital and clean house. Be honest, be fair. Hire ONLY experienced managers with a proven record and not just letters behind their names. Stanford obviously has the ability to be amazing but I really do think that unit managers are one major reason why the hospital is not reaching its goals.

Stanford Health Care Photos

Colorful Hallways-Depends on the Dynamic in your division.
Stanford University