www.stanleyassociates.com

3.4

Phil Nolan

Former Employee - Associate Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Associate Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Stanley Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Traveling company
    Great co workers

Cons

Company stopped caring about it's employees

Great Company, Great Benefits!

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Martinsburg, WV
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Martinsburg, WV

I worked at Stanley Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stanley Associates was a great company to work for. Unfortunately they lost the contract at my work and I had to switch companies.

Cons

As they got larger and eventually bought by another company, they lost some of the great benefits that I enjoyed about them the most.

bad taste

Former Employee - Ops Manager in Fort Campbell, KY
    Former Employee - Ops Manager in Fort Campbell, KY

I worked at Stanley Associates

Pros

the only thing good about is the pay

Cons

back stab, if you are not in their group you are going nowhere, you dont get any help from superiors, all they want you is to drown yourself in the problem, dont apply

leave the "buddy buddy" system to the side and help those in need without looking skin color or old boys network

Miserable, couldn't wait to leave and find a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Information Systems Security Officer in Fort Washington, MD
    Former Employee - Information Systems Security Officer in Fort Washington, MD

I worked at Stanley Associates

Pros

The pay was on the high side for similar positions at other companies. I received a sizable hiring bonus when I accepted their offer. The Vision Plan is good.

Cons

No support or communication from management, unless they wanted to reprimand or counsel you. When they received complaints from the client or customer, they immediately assumed that the employee was in the wrong without hearing or even asking for your side of the situation.

Loyalty, communication and trust are two-way streets. You have to communicate whats' going on with the company if you want your workers to be loyal and trust you. Stop keeping secrets about things that impact their future. When a customer complains don't take for granted they are telling the whole truth. Ask the employee in question for their side of the story before you accept what the client said and hand out reprimands and counseling. Listen to your people and take care of them.

A Great Place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Stanley Associates

Pros

One of the reasons was their motto" Work Hard, Play Hard!!

Cons

They sold us out to another company

The grass is greener on this side

Current Employee - Middle Management in Dumfries, VA
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Dumfries, VA

I have been working at Stanley Associates

Pros

Not one to normally believe in idioms, the grass is definitely greener on this side. While you can always find something to complain about, Stanley is one of those companies where you just do not want to leave. Good medical, higher than average pay, team-oriented atmosphere, and flexible work schedule.

Cons

Middle management gets the job done and this is what has made Stanley so successful. It's the executive management that needs some therapy. Lack of operational vision and growing too fast too short of time has made most of the executive team excess baggage. No clear career tracks leaves every man for themselve.

Too much pride and not enough work ethic. Get over yourself and get your hands dirty from time to time. Need to focus more on operations and less on your legacy.

Great place to work, depending on your project

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Stanley Associates

Pros

Great benefit package and 401K, tight knit group, lots of friendly people. Recognize all federal holiday's(no floating)

Cons

Bad leave/sick time package, new hourly employee's only get 5 day's a year, then your 2nd-5th you only get 10 day's.

Change the leave/sick time package....it's awful

A great place to work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Stanley Associates

Pros

Work life balance at Stanley is exceptional

Cons

Limited interaction among different customer segments. Poor networking with other employees on different engagements

Continue building out the corporate infrastructure to support the organization

Stanley Associates-Why Work Anywhere Else?

Current Employee - Data Entry Administrative in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Data Entry Administrative in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Stanley Associates

Pros

1) The supervisors are wonderful, and they care not only for their employees, but also for their lives outside work. 2) We are given very flexible schedules, and we are even allowed to make up time if we are unable to come to work for any reason. 3) The pay is excellent, and I've received several raises in 1 year of working here. I'd definitely recommend Stanley Associates for anyone looking for a job!

Cons

At times, the work can get monotonous, but that is true for just about any job. The only problem (and it's more of an annoyance) I have with Stanley is that some great ideas don't make it past the first or second line supervisors. When most of the employees want something to happen, and the upper management is unaware, then that's not a good way to run a company, but other than that, ther are no problems!

Give your employees more chances to talk to you about what they would like to see in the company (benefits, changes, etc.). We are a VAST resource that should not be ignored. And just because some of our supervisors don't like an idea, that doesn't mean that upper management wouldn't like it. Give us an outlet!

Worst place ever!

I worked at Stanley Associates

Pros

hmmm....healthcare was cheap - that's it.

Cons

work environment, people are promoted if you are friends and family of the big bosses - some dumb people and recent colleage graduates are promoted to program managers because they are CEO's friend's kids...unbelieveable, can't distinguish business to personal matters, losses contract middle of work due to poor program management, sinking down ship

This isn't your play ground, and don't play with people with real career goals