Stanley Associates

Pretty Good

ProsGreat Benefits
    Competitive Pay
    Work/Life Balance

Management cares about keeping good employees. If you're looking for something different, you'll have the opportunity.

ConsDefense contracting
    Limited Systems Engineering work
    Recent Acquisition leaves culture and benefits in question

Like most defense contracting jobs, a lot depends on the site you work at, the customer you work for, and the management you deal with.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt this point, the management is in flux. Here's hoping that the new company will look at what made employees happy to work for Stanley and make some changes to accomodate the new team members.

The grass is greener on this side

Middle Management (Current Employee)
    Dumfries, VA

ProsNot one to normally believe in idioms, the grass is definitely greener on this side. While you can always find something to complain about, Stanley is one of those companies where you just do not want to leave. Good medical, higher than average pay, team-oriented atmosphere, and flexible work schedule.

ConsMiddle management gets the job done and this is what has made Stanley so successful. It's the executive management that needs some therapy. Lack of operational vision and growing too fast too short of time has made most of the executive team excess baggage. No clear career tracks leaves every man for themselve.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much pride and not enough work ethic. Get over yourself and get your hands dirty from time to time. Need to focus more on operations and less on your legacy.

Stanley Associates-Why Work Anywhere Else?

Data Entry Administrative (Current Employee)
    Huntsville, AL

Pros1) The supervisors are wonderful, and they care not only for their employees, but also for their lives outside work. 2) We are given very flexible schedules, and we are even allowed to make up time if we are unable to come to work for any reason. 3) The pay is excellent, and I've received several raises in 1 year of working here. I'd definitely recommend Stanley Associates for anyone looking for a job!

ConsAt times, the work can get monotonous, but that is true for just about any job. The only problem (and it's more of an annoyance) I have with Stanley is that some great ideas don't make it past the first or second line supervisors. When most of the employees want something to happen, and the upper management is unaware, then that's not a good way to run a company, but other than that, ther are no problems!

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees more chances to talk to you about what they would like to see in the company (benefits, changes, etc.). We are a VAST resource that should not be ignored. And just because some of our supervisors don't like an idea, that doesn't mean that upper management wouldn't like it. Give us an outlet!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stanley Associates

Associate Engineer (Former Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsGreat Traveling company
    Great co workers

ConsCompany stopped caring about it's employees

Great Company, Great Benefits!

Applications Developer (Former Employee)
    Martinsburg, WV

ProsStanley Associates was a great company to work for. Unfortunately they lost the contract at my work and I had to switch companies.

ConsAs they got larger and eventually bought by another company, they lost some of the great benefits that I enjoyed about them the most.

Great place to work, depending on your project

Engineering Technician (Current Employee)
    Charleston, SC

ProsGreat benefit package and 401K, tight knit group, lots of friendly people. Recognize all federal holiday's(no floating)

ConsBad leave/sick time package, new hourly employee's only get 5 day's a year, then your 2nd-5th you only get 10 day's.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the leave/sick time package....it's awful

A great place to work

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsWork life balance at Stanley is exceptional

ConsLimited interaction among different customer segments. Poor networking with other employees on different engagements

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue building out the corporate infrastructure to support the organization

A Great Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Portsmouth, NH

ProsOne of the reasons was their motto" Work Hard, Play Hard!!

ConsThey sold us out to another company

bad taste

Ops Manager (Former Employee)
    Fort Campbell, KY

Prosthe only thing good about is the pay

Consback stab, if you are not in their group you are going nowhere, you dont get any help from superiors, all they want you is to drown yourself in the problem, dont apply

Advice to Senior Managementleave the "buddy buddy" system to the side and help those in need without looking skin color or old boys network

Worst place ever!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshmmm....healthcare was cheap - that's it.

Conswork environment, people are promoted if you are friends and family of the big bosses - some dumb people and recent colleage graduates are promoted to program managers because they are CEO's friend's kids...unbelieveable, can't distinguish business to personal matters, losses contract middle of work due to poor program management, sinking down ship

Advice to Senior ManagementThis isn't your play ground, and don't play with people with real career goals

Worked for Stanley Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanley Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanley Associates CEO Phil Nolan. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Stanley Associates employees.