Stanley Consultants

Updated August 15, 2014
3.3

Stanley Consultants Chairman & CEO Gregs Thomopulos
Gregs Thomopulos

A great company to be a part off

I have been working at Stanley Consultants

Pros

Excellent work environment, good team of people to work with, people are extremely approachable and easy to work with

Cons

Small raises and no bonuses

Old Thinking vs New 21st Century Thinking

I worked at Stanley Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

The up and coming leadership in Stanley is excellent. They see into the future and know how to build the bridge that will take the company into their next successful 100 years.

Cons

Upper management is stuck in the middle America mind set of about 75 years ago. The "That's the way we've always done it" mind set is not allowing the company to move/grow into this century.

get rid of 60 per cent of upper management. Greggs is keeping his little fiefdom in Muscatine walled up. He/They haven the faintest idea that the bulk of their business is being done outside of Iowa. The world is a broad place, stop making strategic hires based on your weather or not the person will fit into the Muscatine Kool Aid society. You are Little Tiny Fish in an HUGE pond. Not the other way around, get Realistic.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Principal Engineer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Stanley Consultants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solid ethics, fair to employees. Good vision at the top.

Cons

Hit by 2008 crisis, Compnay is recovering and expected to make great strides as we move into 2013-2014 budget year,

Articulate details of visison. Move a little bit faster.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Neutral

I have been working at Stanley Consultants full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very strong in CM work. Local management is awesome and decent benefits. Employee owned business is good for the benefits package. They seem to want employees to do well and reward good work and innovation.

Cons

Very conservative company, struggles in design- employee owned....is a bit of a farce because it is mostly upper management that owns ALL the stock. They are somewhat slow to move and get things done.

Move out of Muscatine. It makes for a very non-approachable and "moated" protection from the real world. This isn't the 80's and don't be afraid to retire. There are more than capable people in the company that could do great things if you would quit hindering them.

Overall negative experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Stanley Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are pretty fair. Opportunities exist. Work environment has potential to be flexible. Corporate discounts are ok. Not a lot of overtime.

Cons

Low morale. Discriminatory towards minorities and women. Leadership is nonexistent. High turnover. Interaction between employees is discouraged. Growth potential is limited. Leadership is highly self consumed. Training opportunities are not available. Several unhappy staff members. Social events are frowned upon. Peer education is discouraged and occasionally penalized. Communication is micro managed. Business has declined and looks grim. Layoffs have happened and increased.

The high turnover and low morale is a refection of you.

Too Top Heavy - Communication Issues - Stability Issues

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Muscatine, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

I worked at Stanley Consultants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits were good. Other than that, I really can't say much on the positive end. There were a lot of internal problems which resulted in both employee and customer issues.

Cons

The company was too top heavy and those at the top protected and insulated themselves from removal even after major financial blunders. Management did a lot of talking but didn't walk their talk. Their values and mission were great on paper and that was it. The HR Dept was worthless. It was the good ole buddy system when it came to compensation...those who had buddies at the top got the raises. The rest of us worked ourselves to the bone and got the bones. Gail made it to President not because she was the oustanding candidate but because the alternative candidate was so radically bad. The company has continued to struggle with her at the helm. Choices...choices...choices

Clean house starting at the top.

Conservative Company with Comfortable Atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Muscatine, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

I worked at Stanley Consultants full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Culture is tolerant and good core values which are well adhered to. Employer ownership is a plus

Cons

Conservatism of management is limiting growth and expansion.

Take more risks and grow the company.

Great Company to Work for!

Former Employee - Business Development Position  in  Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Business Development Position in Centennial, CO

I worked at Stanley Consultants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent group of people to work with, opportunities for growth in some positions (but not in mine), feels like a family atmosphere, can go to anyone for help or advice. Excellent benefits.

Cons

I feel that my salary was a bit on the low side, but it was fair. Not-so-great raises during the time I was there (3 years), not supportive about outside the box thinking, having the corporate office in Muscatine, IA lends itself to the good old boy network.

Be willing to innovate and be willing to step outside the box with things like working from home.

The employees are great, the management is heavy and old school.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Stanley Consultants

Pros

Great benefits, time-off when you need it, great people, solid company.

Cons

Lots of talking behind your back by management, negative work environment, long work days, management is heavy, overpaid, and are the only ones getting bonuses.

Take a pay cut, give the people doing the work yearly bonuses, step into the 21st century with software, management styles, and where the company is heading.

As a newcomer, I was not nearly challenged enough, especially in my area of expertise.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I worked at Stanley Consultants

Pros

Great group of people. Low stress environment. Pay was decent. Open door policy with anyone and you can always go for help.

Cons

Work wasn't interesting and when I was hired back, I wasn't allowed to shift into another appealing position. Bad chemistry among some co workers.

Worked for Stanley Consultants? Contribute to the Community!