Stanley Consultants

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stanley Consultants Chairman & CEO Gregs Thomopulos

Gregs Thomopulos

A great company to be a part off

ProsExcellent work environment, good team of people to work with, people are extremely approachable and easy to work with

ConsSmall raises and no bonuses

Great company to work for!

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsSolid ethics, fair to employees. Good vision at the top.

ConsHit by 2008 crisis, Compnay is recovering and expected to make great strides as we move into 2013-2014 budget year,

Advice to Senior ManagementArticulate details of visison. Move a little bit faster.

Neutral

ProsVery strong in CM work. Local management is awesome and decent benefits. Employee owned business is good for the benefits package. They seem to want employees to do well and reward good work and innovation.

ConsVery conservative company, struggles in design- employee owned....is a bit of a farce because it is mostly upper management that owns ALL the stock. They are somewhat slow to move and get things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove out of Muscatine. It makes for a very non-approachable and "moated" protection from the real world. This isn't the 80's and don't be afraid to retire. There are more than capable people in the company that could do great things if you would quit hindering them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall negative experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsBenefits are pretty fair. Opportunities exist. Work environment has potential to be flexible. Corporate discounts are ok. Not a lot of overtime.

ConsLow morale. Discriminatory towards minorities and women. Leadership is nonexistent. High turnover. Interaction between employees is discouraged. Growth potential is limited. Leadership is highly self consumed. Training opportunities are not available. Several unhappy staff members. Social events are frowned upon. Peer education is discouraged and occasionally penalized. Communication is micro managed. Business has declined and looks grim. Layoffs have happened and increased.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe high turnover and low morale is a refection of you.

Too Top Heavy - Communication Issues - Stability Issues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Muscatine, IA

ProsBenefits were good. Other than that, I really can't say much on the positive end. There were a lot of internal problems which resulted in both employee and customer issues.

ConsThe company was too top heavy and those at the top protected and insulated themselves from removal even after major financial blunders. Management did a lot of talking but didn't walk their talk. Their values and mission were great on paper and that was it. The HR Dept was worthless. It was the good ole buddy system when it came to compensation...those who had buddies at the top got the raises. The rest of us worked ourselves to the bone and got the bones. Gail made it to President not because she was the oustanding candidate but because the alternative candidate was so radically bad. The company has continued to struggle with her at the helm. Choices...choices...choices

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house starting at the top.

Conservative Company with Comfortable Atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Muscatine, IA

ProsCulture is tolerant and good core values which are well adhered to. Employer ownership is a plus

ConsConservatism of management is limiting growth and expansion.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more risks and grow the company.

Great Company to Work for!

Business Development Position (Former Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsExcellent group of people to work with, opportunities for growth in some positions (but not in mine), feels like a family atmosphere, can go to anyone for help or advice. Excellent benefits.

ConsI feel that my salary was a bit on the low side, but it was fair. Not-so-great raises during the time I was there (3 years), not supportive about outside the box thinking, having the corporate office in Muscatine, IA lends itself to the good old boy network.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to innovate and be willing to step outside the box with things like working from home.

The employees are great, the management is heavy and old school.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat benefits, time-off when you need it, great people, solid company.

ConsLots of talking behind your back by management, negative work environment, long work days, management is heavy, overpaid, and are the only ones getting bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a pay cut, give the people doing the work yearly bonuses, step into the 21st century with software, management styles, and where the company is heading.

As a newcomer, I was not nearly challenged enough, especially in my area of expertise.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsGreat group of people. Low stress environment. Pay was decent. Open door policy with anyone and you can always go for help.

ConsWork wasn't interesting and when I was hired back, I wasn't allowed to shift into another appealing position. Bad chemistry among some co workers.

a good company to work with

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Doha (Qatar)

Proscaring company for its employees

Consweak marketing in the international business

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up

Worked for Stanley Consultants? Contribute to the Community!