Stanley Healthcare Solutions

2.0
Jason Santamaria

1. Marketing

I have been working at Stanley Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

State of the Art Technology with huge market potential and impact on end user outcomes
    Highly passionate employees

Cons

Lean organization
    Lack of Direction with Healthcare business

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and R&D

Putting the Mal into Malfeasance

I have been working at Stanley Healthcare Solutions

Pros

Can purchase tools at a discount

Cons

The entire culture is one of misdirection and outright lies. Management lie to the employees, employee's lie to each other and all lie to the customer. Get the deal done no matter what the case

Advice to Management

Sleight of hand by moving this under Stanley Security is temporary cover at best

3. People dropping like flies, turnover keeps this place in chaos

I have been working at Stanley Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Some good people and industry knowledge with legacy employees

Cons

- Upper management has little to no healthcare experience (turned over several times in the past three years)
    - Upper management has little to no integrity
    - Management only worried about making the quarterly number, this division clearly run by the finance department
    - Company strategy is undefined and never communicated
    - Management cut people and resources, penny wise pound foolish
    - Constant turnover in staff

Advice to Management

- Communicate to staff
    - Listen to suggestions on how to improve and meet goals
    - Value employees and their experience
    - Be open and honest on the company direction

5. Growing business, great people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Stanley Healthcare Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people that work here. Good environment. Company is very focused on employee moral and values what employees are saying. Company provides a service and product that is very meaningful in the healthcare industry. Very competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

Change (not really a con unless you don't like it). If you thrive on change and process improvement this is the place for you.

Embarrassed to be in front of customers

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Stanley Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

there are some people that definitely care about what they do and the real customer. one of the few places in boston where you can leave at 5:00. no pressure to work weekends. good pricing on tools.

Cons

Senior execs never tell the truth internally about product issues, delays and other promises. In the front lines we always end up looking like we are trying to be slimy. every 6 or 7 months there seems to be a change in strategy and management. internal processes cause a lot of confrontation.

Advice to Management

there a no leaders. all are just managers. headquarters is supposed to be in waltham, but all the managers commute from out of state - clear message that this is all temporary.

7. Financial

Former Employee - TSE in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - TSE in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Stanley Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Career growth and collaboration and reimbursement policies

Cons

Long Term planning causing employees termination

8. Death Spiral

I worked at Stanley Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to learn what not to do at other locations. Inspiring to see some people plod on irrespective of ill treatment.

Cons

It has become quite uncomfortable for non-white leaders to stay and almost impossible to succeed. When I offered my letter of resignation, only then was I offered a raise, even though I had mentioned that the I was being paid far below my peers. Also found out that similar tactic was used on others that chose to depart.
    No long term view for organization or for employee development.

Advice to Management

As long as cronyism triumphs over competence your time to failure draws ever closer

Challenging, growth oriented, moving quickly in a quickly moving market.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Stanley Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Needs to settle the growth portion of their entry into the Healthcare industry. Growth is great, but in a market that isnt' going anywhere, you don't need to tackle all areas at once.

Cons

Customer base without some of the basic skills necessary to use the products they pay us for; expecting mountains to move for support, repair, and training when they haven't maintained the equipment or tested it per SOP for months at a time. Lack of the most basic computer knowledge to run a nurse call system that runs .....on a computer. Expecting 24/7 on site visit support that is not stipulated nor promised in their contract, or not having a maintenance contract in force at all and expecting constant training, upgrade, and support.

Company values are on par with most organizations of this size. We are not a free as a 'startup' but we are less entrenched in management limbo than a fully established industry. I expect this to change as Stanley 'Healthcare' ages, but for the time being it is balanced. The benefits are good, the pay is more than I expected for the work that is done and the responsibility level. I have access to new tech to learn, and during downtime im allowed to learn it, or given the opportunity to work with other divisions that are more driven towards that end of our product line(s)

What do powertools and healthcare have in common? Absolutely NOTHING.....

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Stanley Healthcare Solutions (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you want to work somewhere to collect a paycheck until you find a GOOD job... this may be the place for you. There is so much disorganization and lack of communication at ALL levels within the organization, you could realistically "fly under the radar" for an indefinite amount of time!

Cons

There are some good people that work here.... because they were lied to about the "bright future". Bottom line.... Stanley HC has staked its future on RTLS and there is a very limited market !!! You cannot be a "One trick Pony" in Healthcare... afterall, were are selling cordless drills here!

Advice to Management

Get out of the Healthcare business and go back to selling drills and "snake lights"

In a 30 year career this is the worst company by far !!

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Stanley Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I do not see a future for this Company and am glad I am gone. Please avoid this train wreck of a Company.

Cons

Where on earth does a HR run a Company? Way too much power and honestly has no clue. Between lack of direction, non-existent communication, products that do not work, partner channels which distrust the Company, and upper management which is totally out of step with the needs, wants, and desires of the marketplace the end will come sooner than you think. How can you understand customers if upper management never even leaves the office? In fact you will die. The founders of companies you have purchased are waiting in the wings to buy back what they created for pennies on the dollar. Think they are vested in making Stanley a success? They want you to fail so they can buy the company back. Just look at product development and they way they treat existing customers.

Advice to Management

Stand up and lead the Marine Corp way. If people care give them the tools to be successful and listen to the feedback. If people mistreat the customers and do not care less about the outcomes show them the door regardless of what position they hold within the Company.