Stanley Security Solutions

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014
2.3

Brett Bontrager

Pros
  • Great Pay, Great Co-Workers, Good Benefits, and Nice Discounts (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay, strong brand recognition (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Customer service is not an objective for upper management and they do not have a clue as to how to provide it (in 3 reviews)

• No training, I was expected to just know the ins and outs of the company upon my hire date (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Used to be grteat

Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There really are not to many since they bought Best Access. They have decent benefits, name recognition, and a bigger footprint

Cons

Numerous cons, They cannot seem to figure out what they want to be, a security integrator or a manufacture? Seemed like every time they made an acquisition they changed management

SMS Senior Analyst

Current Employee - SMS Senior Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - SMS Senior Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are employees on the ground level who know their job well and is respectful. Indianapolis is laid back.

Cons

Blame culture, too many cliques at all levels of the organization, there is no training or process for anything. After moving to the area, I found out that this company has a reputation of treating employees bad. No wonder competition is kicking them to the curb. Anyways, I have accepted a great offer at another company.

Culture needs to change. Allow employees to own and care about their jobs rather than command, control and blame. I was at this company for about 6 months.

Monitoring Specialist

Former Employee - Monitoring Specialist in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Monitoring Specialist in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Branch manager helpful and willing to adjust hours when needed. Some of the customers were grateful when contacted about an alarm. The benefits were okay, medical and vision not so great, but excellent dental.

Cons

Northern branch was paid considerably more money per hour for the same job title. Each supervisor had different rules about unresolved signals, understaffed often and rarely prepared when natural disasters occurred even though the news had been forecasting for days. Employees would put in the days they wanted off the first week in January because only one person/shift could take the day off, so that made it difficult to take a vacation day if something not planned 12 months in advanced came up. The plus side so many young employees took too many sick days in the first part of the year it made it easy to take time off at the end of the year because they ran out of vacation days by June.

Make a guide/ instruction/ training manual that everybody follows. The departments need to work together so the monitoring center doesn't take all the heat caused by sales, service and data entry. Monitoring seems like uncaring bullies because their hands are tied and unable to make the simple changes that the customer is asking because it's 'not our department.' To the customer it just sounds like the buck being passed. Hire more CAMs and data entry to help the customers, before they go else where like so many have already done and when they cancel their accounts, make the account non active so police and fire aren't being dispatched making Stanley look even more incompetent.

Collections Specialist

Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great employees to work with, great benefits, decent pay. Cafeteria on site taken out of your pay.

Cons

Direct manager was horrible when I was there, but I've heard that has changed...good choice!

Sounds like you already took care of it. Have no idea how new mgmt is though.

It started out well but has gone down hill since

I worked at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Our customers are the Best part of our company

Cons

Business model & salaries are always changing. Never have a clear picture of job description.

Started off well but slowly going south

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great learning atmosphere, co-workers who are very knowledgeable, flexible work times, parent company is very reputed and holds large value when put on ones resume, discounted rates on power tools

Cons

Almost zero recognition of employees talent, projects almost never get completed on time, sometimes the work given to you has absolutely no relationship to what your job title says, no raise in spite of showing results, the company is focused on improving numbers but doesn't care about employees.

Think about the people who make the company move forward. Being in upper management and throwing huge parties while not giving a raise to the people who work hours together doesn't help the company save money.

Transitions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Pay, Great Co-Workers, Good Benefits, and Nice Discounts

Cons

A lot of changes that we thru and the training was not the greatest.

Positive, Challenging Experience

Current Employee - Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Director in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Positive, Challenging Experience, Lots of avenues for growth while have thing visibility with upper management.

Cons

Work / Life Balance, constant battling for growth while balancing business results and revenue

Stay focus on the future

Good Company, Not Ready For SMB Market

Former Employee - Anonymous in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Irving, TX

I worked at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Seems to be a solid company. I was located in the Irving, TX office and it was run well and the people were nice. There were opportunities to move around within the company.

Cons

There are too many segments of the business with different business models. I would find that chaotic as a C-level exec The small business group I was in was an experiment and little did I know it would be shut down six months later. The pay wasn't what I expected and I would've been forced to find a new gig anyway.

None at this time

Stanley Security

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great coworkers and good experience

Cons

Can end up traveling 3/4 of the time.