Stanley Steemer International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stanley Steemer International Chairman and CEO Wesley C. Bates

Wesley C. Bates

Pros
  • You meet all kinds of people and it helps you stay in good shape(in 3 reviews)

• You can make money enough to support yourself on a very low budget with no experience(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and often times working some weekends as well which was alright because the pay made up for it(in 12 reviews)

• There is no set schedule and yu may be on call at times(in 5 reviews)

Good work, Favoritism, and dirty carpets

Carpet Technician (Former Employee) Saginaw, MI

Prosmost people that work here are alright people. the wage can be astounding some weeks. there is almost always work. its not that bad of work either despite the occasional horror house. sometimes TIPS!!

ConsSome crew leaders are no bueno. sometimes you have to fall back on minimum wage. LONG HOURS. some houses are just plain unpleasant. some people try to scam you after you've already done a job and this will hurt your income.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the love of god spread the "Good" work around. send some of your top earners to crap neighborhoods once in a while to see how they fare. Of course they are gonna up sell more in the suburbs of Dollarbill, USA!

It was an overall a good place to work.

ProsThey have a very good training program. They also see to it that you are equipped to sell to earn your commission while servicing a customer.

ConsThe greatest challenge is working your way up to get the bigger contracts that pay the most commission. It's very much so a seniority position which pays the best. Those positions are taken and an entry level person has a long climb to the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementStructure the scheduling process so that new hires that may have experience can earn a good pay rate in a quicker time frame.

5 years and gone

Assistant Tech and Technician (Former Employee) Petaluma, CA

ProsFree carpet cleaning at your house room to make commission on sales working with a partner makes day go by faster

ConsFavoritism from management everyone is expendable even long term employees low pay for assistants no room to move up crew chiefs are there to stay be happy with minimum wage equivalent salary for far more work then your average minimum wage job. Everyone smokes and in the van so if your a non smoker too bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more reasonable with people's lives and needs

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a terrible job for a young person

Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee)

ProsMeet a lot of different types of people

ConsWill never be able to make plans outside of work

It Was Fantastic a great Experience

Carpet Technician (Former Employee) Davie, FL

ProsThe Environment was very satisfied great people to work with very friendly.

ConsGoing to different house very day never know what person what done you never know what the customer want done in the house sometimes we try sell them more to get the job done a make there house clean and wonderful.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat people to talk to for help or anything nice people, if you need anything great people come to and ask they help use on the road if we have a problem.

Hours were long, pay was decent factoring in tips

Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsChange of scenery everyday, work without a boss looking over your shoulder. Meet interesting people.

ConsLong hours. Wasted time in traffic. Much of your salary is dependent on tips and percentage of $$ that you bring in for the day

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to keep employees their longer

Enjoyable work experience.

Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) Sherwood, AR

ProsEnjoyed working with the company and enjoyed the actual work involved. There was rarely a day that felt like it dragged on. Travel around in the local area and able to meet all different kinds of people. Opportunity to learn numerous things.

ConsMost shifts average 10 hours, sometimes more. 6 day work weeks can occur during busy time. You never know the hours you will work, merely a 7 or 8am start time. You do come across some disgusting jobs, so it is not the job for those with a weak stomach. Wasnt a problem for me though. In the month of January every year, about 1/2-2/3 of the company would be laid off due to a lack of work. May or may not be rehired but my sales were high enough to be the first rehired early February.

Great Career Starter

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunity is available if you are 100% dedicated.

ConsIf you did not graduate from a particular University you may be overlooked.

Its a job!

Assistant (Current Employee) Wilkes-Barre, PA

ProsPotential is there to make some decent money. Always at a new job daily not a same repetitive job.

ConsHours are almost never able to be determined. You can not schedule anything around the hours as you never know when your jobs are done so you could get out in the afternoon or late evening. There is no set schedule and yu may be on call at times. This is not a job for those with a family or life outside of their work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomer service is key to a great amount of success in a business but the employees are what make that impression. The better employees are treated the better everyone does. The company could use a team that knows the locations they are scheduling in order to make the routes less complicated and cut down on all the driving, Since this is a commission job we are paid for what we do in the homes not the time we end up spending on the road.

Don't Even Bother

Carpet Technician (Former Employee) Broken Arrow, OK

ProsSeeing things you normally wouldn't see. Landscapes, cities, and people.

ConsLong hours. You never know when you're going to get off. Not even a hint of when you're possibly going to get off work. Some days you get off at 3pm, some days you get off at 10pm. They send you all over the area with no rhyme or reason. You can drive back and forth all day long and work all day long and still only make 40 dollars for the entire day because you're paid on commission, not hourly. Windshield time can be heavy a lot of days. If you're driving, be prepared to be sick of driving AND working. Can be exhausting. You never really make the money you should be making while working. Never knowing your off day until Thursdays and then it's up to them to pick what day you will receive off. Forget having two days off in a row.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement doesn't listen to their employees at all. They ignore everything you say until something breaks or stock diminishes then suddenly it's your fault for not telling them soon enough. Ridiculous. Management also forgets to put your off day requests in and your vacation check does not have the right amount so you're stuck waiting for another two weeks before you get your money.

Worked for Stanley Steemer International? Contribute to the Community!