Stanley Steemer International Reviews

89 reviews filtered by
2.7
Stanley Steemer International Chairman and CEO Wesley C. Bates
Wesley C. Bates

Pros
  • You meet all kinds of people and it helps you stay in good shape (in 3 reviews)

• You can make money enough to support yourself on a very low budget with no experience (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and often times working some weekends as well which was alright because the pay made up for it (in 13 reviews)

• This company has a high turnover rate of employees (in 4 reviews)

1. Decent job, decent pay

Current Contractor - Carpet Technician in Denver, CO
    Current Contractor - Carpet Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Stanley Steemer International as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Sometimes you get to clean beautiful homes. You get to travel around different parts of the state. I like my coworkers

Cons

Sometimes you barely make any money. It's hit or miss depending on the customers you deal with day to day.

2. Stanley Steemer has the best cleaning processes in the industry.

I worked at Stanley Steemer International

Pros

Great employees.
    Customer interaction on a daily basis.
    Fun days
    Moderate supervision and ease of access to management.
    Good follow up.

Cons

Attention to detail is sometimes lost.
    Pay is not that great. Long hours.
    High turnover of employees. Need to hire reliable employees

Respect everyone.

3. Too many hours

Former Employee - Assistant Technician in Woodinville, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Technician in Woodinville, WA

I worked at Stanley Steemer International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

For entry level, the pay wasn't terrible: $10/hr

Cons

Too many hours for manual labor in a single week

Hire more employees and have a set schedule

5. Hard work pays off!

Current Employee - Senior Crew Chief in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Crew Chief in Akron, OH

I have been working at Stanley Steemer International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cleaning carpets; tile; and furniture will only get you so far. Become certified in Water Restoration; Air Duct Cleaning; VCT; and other ancillary services to really unlock your unlimited earning potential and growth.

Cons

Newly hired employees that are motivated to work are hard to come by. Customers can be rude and viscous.

Profit sharing with tenured employees would be a nice step forward. Would show true job security. Keep trying to make your technicians lives better. No company should be satisfied with half of the employees earning below the poverty level.

6. A solid job for a hard worker, but make sure you have sales skills

Former Employee - Cleaning Technician in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Cleaning Technician in Aurora, IL

I worked at Stanley Steemer International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The training is very thorough, product knowledge classes are done very well. The atmosphere is good, the people are friendly, and it can be a lot of fun. Great pay during the busy seasons, usually opportunity for Overtime during summer. Health coverage is really great, closed Sundays.

Cons

Training at the job-site can be lacking depending on the experienced technician that provides the training, especially during the peak season. Days can be very long and hours unpredictable at times. leaves more to be desired for work/life balance. Sales driven environment, commission based. It's very seasonal, I recommend starting in the spring or summer, don't start in late fall or winter. Hours are reduced and half the staff is laid off after the holidays.

7. Worse place to work

Former Employee - CSA
    Former Employee - CSA

I worked at Stanley Steemer International

Pros

Nothing, the company and management was terrible

Cons

No benefits, shortage of hours in winter

Stop putting people's hoped up and firing them with no notice due to slow work in winter

8. Very Poor Management

Former Employee - Crew Chief in Graham, NC
    Former Employee - Crew Chief in Graham, NC

I worked at Stanley Steemer International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet great customers with tip potential if you polite and on time. Great opportunity to learn .

Cons

Never have consistent wages and job fluctuations at management discretion based on sales.No opportunity to advance nor any raises. No solid benefits or raises beyond there normal 10 to 12 percent of jobs. Vacation and holiday pay is based on minimum wages. Days you come to work only to earn 15-25 dollars during peak season. Lots of free labor and maintenance on vans. Hours driving in between jobs with no pay because job is commission only. Not set schedule such as start or ending times. No morale booster and selfish management not looking to improve employees jobs. No paid sick days or bonuses for performance and sales. Basically a dead end job for anyone seeking a career with financial independence cause there isn't any guarantee on sales or quality of invoices given daily.

Improve employee compensation. Stop thinking only of your financial stability. Look for better ways to curve your high turnover rate .

9. Job sucks

I have been working at Stanley Steemer International

Pros

Out working on the road nobody to answer to

Cons

Bad place to work for out long hours for no money

10. Overworked, Underpaid, Unappreciated

I worked at Stanley Steemer International

Pros

Company paid training, but that is about all I can say was positive for the 10 years I gave of my life to this place.

Cons

Everything including the poor salaries offered and forced to accept, years of dedication only to be thrown away like a dirty rag. I left on my own and will NEVER go back!

11. Wildly varying work environments

Former Employee - Carpet Cleaner in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Carpet Cleaner in Carmel, IN

I worked at Stanley Steemer International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You determine your pay. The nature of the work allows you to run errands while you're on the job. Pretty relaxed work environment. It's nice to not be stuck in one building all day. They did a really good job of working around schooling schedules. I could tell the company set-up had really good potential to turn your job into a rewarding career, but management at the branch where I worked was terrible.

Cons

The management at your specific branch REALLY determines whether it is a rewarding job you enjoy coming to or if it sucks out your soul and the whole way to work you're trying to talk yourself out of calling off. The branches are very isolated and if those in the office are behaving abusively its very difficult to hold them accountable. It was very cliquish at the branch where I worked.

It would benefit you IMMENSELY to have a supervisor that spent a brief time in each branch in the area that was able to talk to employees about their experiences in the workplace. At the very least it would help with consistency in sales to have an outside source be able to judge all employees objectively.

Stanley Steemer International Photos