Stanton Optical

Updated January 27, 2015
Updated January 27, 2015
2.4

Daniel Stanton

Stanton Optical Roseville was great!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, CA

I worked at Stanton Optical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people. I was really happy working with the rest of the crew at the Roseville store.

Cons

That I had to leave...I left the country.

None...Stanton Optical Roseville was very nice to me.

A great place to work

I have been working at Stanton Optical

Pros

A progressive company that encourages new ideas and really cares about their employees. I love the fact that they do not want to do it as it always has been done but rather thrives on growth and developing their associates to be successful

Cons

A 401K would be a nice perk to encourage longevity

Never lose site of the front line people that make this company a success

New and upcoming company!

I have been working at Stanton Optical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company allows you to grow as they grow and with this being the fastest growing optical company you can grow FAST! Work hard, follow directions and be coach able the opportunities are endless!

Cons

Be ready to commit alot of time. (Hardwork pays off)

Fast growing company

I have been working at Stanton Optical

Pros

Fast paced, commission is better than any other optical company.

Cons

Non that I am aware of

This company could be doing better....

Current Employee - Optometric Technician in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Optometric Technician in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Stanton Optical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Scheduling is pretty flexible, if you need days off its not too had to get...

Cons

This company seemed great when I first started, however it has continually been a downward spiral. I really enjoy working in this field but it was a bad experience and an injustice to the customers and staff what this company was doing. There is a complete disregard for employees and their satisfaction. Hours were cut during the "slow season" to one day a week for full time employees , glasses are constantly being made incorrectly because sales staff is not trained properly and lab doing mediocre work, equipment and computer system is always broken and no one ever comes to fix it, managers are not given enough money to buy enough supplies for the month , schedules are constantly double booked causing unhappy customers due to wait times, manager does anything to get customers in the door with false promises, technicians report to a manager that only comes to the office about 1--3 days a month, technicians are responsible for about 85% of the daily duties within the store of dispensing and adjusting glasses, working up patients for the doctors, greeting patients , advising patients of current promotions, making calls to patients, imputing spectacle remakes, managing appointments, contact lens training, checking insurance, taking payments for exams ....mostly everything is the technicians responsibility yet we do not make any commission while the sales team sit around and wait to make a sale plus we were constantly understaffed , 1 technician for the whole store with 2-3 sales associates and 1 doctor, There are always new products or procedures but there is no one knowledgeable enough to enforce them, there's no accountability for anything ,glasses are constantly made incorrectly by the same sales associates or lab members , call center double books the schedule making it impossible to keep appointments running on time , call center tells customers we take insurances that we have never taken and customers in end up extremely upset . This company is all about money, plenty of people work hard especially the doctor I was working with but many of the employees felt taken advantage of , no one is properly trained , store manager is unprofessional and totally clueless how to run the store, technicians should be paid more for the amount of responsibilities within the store...and there should be a technician manager .

Show more employee appreciation, employ people that are knowledgeable of their position and who really work hard to maintain it or at least make sure everyone is trained properly, have set procedures and rules for each store and make sure people are held accountable, have a manager or supervisor for each department of the store (technicians need a real manager, its too easy to put off important situations or questions because you have to email the manager instead of having someone onsite that is trained to solve problems), do not allow the call center to schedule appointments based on commission (of course your are going to end up with fake appointments and double booking leading to inconveniences at the store causing unhappy customers), have each store staffed properly , improperly trained staffed should not be training new staff, Doctors and technicians can not perform a proper exam in 15 minutes (dilation alone typically takes a minimum 20 minutes), treat your customers and staff better....

Full of crap business

Former Employee - Pick Lens Representative in Palm Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Pick Lens Representative in Palm Springs, FL

I worked at Stanton Optical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pros lol them mother suckers don't have any!!

Cons

Their prejudice. They hire alot of Spanish non speaking ppl.

They are the worst company ever!

Horrible work environment

I have been working at Stanton Optical

Pros

The only pro i can think of is they gave me a job when I needed one. That i appreciate.

Cons

Disorganized, lack of professional training, over worked lab manager, not enough opticians, lack of knowledge, money hungry management and i could go on about poor quality lenses and frames. This company doesn't even pay it's employees properly. Not only are they late in the delivery of product to the patients, they also do not properly pay their help. I have read a couple of review that claim patients are lied to deliberately. I cannot agree with that, but the doctors are overworked and the patients are not and cannot get a proper comprehensive exam. When the OD is Required to be double booked and do 10 minute exams the patient cannot get proper attention, and the exams are bound to be inaccurate more than is acceptable. I have been in the optical business for quite a few years and this company is the worse i've ever seen.

I do agree that upper and most store management is motivated not by satisfied patients, but by how much money they make each day. I cannot see this organization (and i use that word loosely) being in business much longer.
    I could go on, but i hate negativity.

Sell the company to an organization that knows how to run an optical business.

Terrible Experience

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Stanton Optical

Pros

The only pro I an come up with is the lessons I learned. With that being said I learned this company and CEO has no interest in their employee, only bottom line, so I learned to fake a smile. I also learned the art of lying to patients because the company took 4 plus weeks to produce glasses and even though the job was late we were not aloud to process refunds without jumping through hoops.

Cons

Everything! Unreasonable goals. Jobs are late. Patients are miserable because the jobs are late. The company doesn't care to change their process because they only care about revenue. They do not invest in proper training. Straight from the CEO "quick to hire, quick to fire". So you better figure things out on your own or you are gone with no warning. I saw this happen time after time with my counterparts. By far worst company I have ever worked for.

Invest in your employees you will in the end have happy and loyal employees who want to work hard for you.

A slow but steady down-ward spiral.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Stanton Optical

Pros

Challenging atmosphere, and a high paced competitive environment.

Cons

The pay isn't as glorious as they make it. Hours cut during "off-season."

Since the environment is so competitive (and sales driven), employees will not get recognized for the quality of work, or percentage of refunds, but the dollar amount of each sale. The company lacks value and morals. Reps will do and say whatever they have to true or false to patients to increase the dollar of the sale. Management lacks training, and is constructed to view every employee as a dollar sign. The environment that is created by the staff and management is the worst part of it all. With the expectations you have as well as the duties that you must complete without that ring in your title, responsibility, nor your paycheck. The environment wouldn't be so bad if the money was worth it. It wouldn't be such a used Car Lot for glasses if the commission was structured a bit different. With the profit margins you guys see it wouldn't hurt. Honestly it probably would increase revenue. You would have less refunds, because more quality would be given to each patient. I.e less revolving money, equals better networking, equals more annual revenue. Food for thought.

Exciting place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL

I have been working at Stanton Optical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a growing company that has a lot of potential. There is something new everyday which is great if you like challenges. There are a lot of positive changes happening behind the scenes and it's very exciting to be a part of it.

Cons

There are some growing pains as with any entrepreneurial company but I believe that will soon pass.