Star Career Academy

Star Career Academy Reviews

Updated May 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Certified Phlebotomy Instructor .

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTeaching others to understand the importance of the health field . knowing when to respond to an emergency and how to deal with everyday situations .

ConsDealing with different personality of individuals that are new to the field, who are know it alls.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the staff to work together more , everyone needs to support each other .

Great place to work

ProsTeam work, friendly people, great place

ConsSplit shift Monday through Thursday

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have any suggestions for management

At Star Career Academy I am presented with the most difficult but rewarding challenges on a daily basis.

Admission Representative (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe best reason to work for Star Career Academy is the fact that you will be able to help a lot of people fulfill their dreams of getting a specialized education.

ConsSome of the downsides of working for Star Career Academy is the fact that there is limited opportunity for career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice I would give to management is to groom great employees for the next level in their careers and present them with an opportunity to grow!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Untrustworthy and unstable employer and work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phila, PA

ProsI worked at Star for 3 months before being laid off and found nothing truly positive about my experience, the company or the work environment.

ConsCompany runs on the CHEAP. I was 'laid off" in order to bring in a lower paid worker - who by the way is said to be a friend of the executive director.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice that could be given to management as those that hold the reigns DO NOT seek out or respect the opinions of anyone who works for this company.

Hostile Work Environment!!! We don't even have an HR department and managers treat employees poorly.

Admissions (Current Employee)

ProsNone- Do not take a job with this company unless you are really hurting for one

ConsManagers yell at you, sexually harass you, belittle you, and corporate just turns the other cheek when current employees complain. Strong sales oriented admissions department students are viewed as numbers and nothing more. This school is getting rich off the poor and as admissions reps we are trained with horrible sales tactics. We sell our programs to students by targeting their pain and promise a career that pays minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified people as managers

Horrible!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInstructors go above and beyond and generally care about the students

ConsI hear the NY campus has started a union, good for them, maybe the equipment, working conditions and overall morale will improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and realize education is not just a business

Management lackluster

Instructor (Current Employee) Clifton, NJ

ProsDedicated instructing and admin staff who needs to be heard.

ConsManagement- from the top of the company an unsuccessful management team from another failing career school has taken over and employees are feeling the pain from their incompetence. Employee morale is at its lowest and students feel the turmoil.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire proven successful managers to get us back on our feet. Please remember our mission is to educate the student. Do it right and good things will follow.

Future is hazy..

Management (Current Employee) Berlin, NJ

ProsUsed to be very family and student oriented.

ConsNew CEO has completely lost touch with the students and the employees that have put years of service in.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up before you sink the whole ship.

Nightmare working conditions

Administrative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou really can help somebody who has everything going against them. And they really want what is being offered to them.

ConsIt is all about the money and getting bodies in seats. Management does not care about the student at all. Just get them to take out student loans to pay for their courses. Make your numbers, get them to sit in class for 6 days and you are golden. No once cares if they stay or drop out, which many students do. There is a new school director/president who is there to "get the enrollment numbers up". The school has major compliancy issues also. Some admission people will tell potential students - "You are on welfare with three kids, what the hell are you ever going to do with your life?". Most students go to school here so they can continue to collect their welfare checks. In NYC, a community college will offer you much more, for a lot less money.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that you are there to help students who want to help themselves, not be forced into anything.

Unorganized, unethical, uneducated about the future of the industry,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosshort day on Fridays, nothing else i can think of that is positive

Conseverything else, lack of leadership, management, unethical practices, unrealistic expectations, corporate is not committed to empowering the employees, large salary for corporate and any staff who is a "favorite", etc

Advice to Senior Managementtake leadership, management and customer services seminar, learn to be ahead of the industry and hire qualified people not just your friends because they need a job, be fair and allow equal opportunities to be presented to qualified internal staff, and know your product

Worked for Star Career Academy? Contribute to the Community!