Star2Star Communications

Updated March 1, 2015
Updated March 1, 2015
3.6

Norman Worthington

It's been a great experience and environment to work in. A new company, so they have their flaws. But we are growing.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Star2Star Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people and flexible scheduling if you're in school. Room to grow in certain departments

Cons

Workload can vary. Some psimple say they don't have a lot and others have more than they can handle.

The employees should always feel appreciated. When people are brought from outside instead of people having the opportunity to be promoted it doesn't show some people they appreciated.

Interesting work, but not competitive

I have been working at Star2Star Communications

Pros

The direction the company is moving provides some interesting and fulfilling work, and most of the people I've worked with are awesome. $2 daily to be used at on-site food trucks (must be used same day)

Cons

Compensation is far below the market average. It also seems like there is often a lack of direction and communication between departments. There are constantly new ideas that are partially explored before moving on to the next big thing, seems to take a long time to get any one thing done to completion.

Pay your employees a salary competitive to the market average rather than spend money on partial construction/remodeling that doesn't really seem to be necessary.

Opportunities for Growth

I have been working at Star2Star Communications

Pros

Availability to pursue new opportunities and career growth from within the company. Growing company.Great benefits. Food trucks and snack machines on site.

Cons

The companies culture is a work in progress. Lack of direction and leadership from upper management makes it hard to get things done.

Be more involved and listen to the people on the bottom in the day to day operations.

Work work work, but be broke broke broke...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Star2Star Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the people, the $2 a day coupon (can only used it on the date marked) in food trucks the company sponsors.
    During my employment with S2S, I met a lot of talented individuals who shared a common goal, progress and growth.

Cons

Unfortunately, the people who shared these latter, end up leaving the company for their non competitive salary and lack
    Salaries are bellow the market average. If you are the person who believes working harder the better the pay, get off that cloud.
    Poor management and favoritism for certain employees, even if they are not competent to fulfill their job functions.
    Dark strategy: "Mentoring in exchange of loyalty." They will hire interns or less experience people to pay low wages and to teach them a few things here and there. By doing this, they will earn loyalty form these employees so they stay working for them, even knowing they are underpaid, but mentored.
    Poor culture

If you don't know the technology you are using, don't be a manager.

You work very hard, and receive some reward for your efforts

I worked at Star2Star Communications

Pros

Star2Star has a great product, literally nothing quite like it in the marketplace. It's a pleasure to work for a technology company that the stuff actually works. There are some great people who work at Star2star.

Cons

Employee morale is low, and most employees do not feel they are paid fairly to marketplace.

The upper management style is a bit strange, and almost feels like fear and intimidation is the culture. With the long hours, there is also very little life balance as you are expected to be available at a moments notice.

The worst office culture you will ever experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Star2Star Communications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None - aside from some very nice employees, the company has no pros to speak of.

Cons

Pay is poor, benefits are lean, and the organization is focused on hours rather than production. It's an old school punch clock mentality. Each department operates as a silo, and there is little to no cohesion between them. Communication and cooperation between departments lacks even an iota of professionalism. Turnover is high, and for good reason. The location is awful, as is the leadership and overall culture. I've never experienced such a negative and toxic environment. Departments leaders make every effort to tear dear leaders of other departments - and are quite vocal about their intentions. It's a political war zone.

My experience here has been great, every employee has been friendly and knowledgeable in their field.

Current Employee - Build Specialist in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Build Specialist in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Star2Star Communications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was shown patients and compassion during training which made it easier to learn the necessary skills to perform well.

Cons

Sometimes when it is slow it can be difficult to find work to keep busy, and the day can drag.

I did find it difficult when setting up my work station we had to scrounge parts, mean while we are getting in toys for the staff. Grated games are fun and make it a more relaxed work place, but sometimes priorities seem to be missed placed.

Extremely satisfying to be working with an innovative and dynamic unified communications company.

Current Employee - Support Technician in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Support Technician in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Star2Star Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Star2Star is on the cutting edge of the unified communications industry. We provide multiple solutions to meet our custome's business communications needs.

Cons

Salaries are typically below industry standard. have many employees who are passionate about growing the company and providing our customers with the very best service and solutions in the business. The employees should be compensated accordingly.

While the focus of upper management is to grow the company, develop new products, and increase sales, none of this would be possible without supporting the existing customer base. The departments that keep the daily operations running and customers satisfied are often overlooked and undercompensated.

Growing and engaging company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Star2Star Communications full-time

Pros

Leadership has great vision and drive to continue accelerating the company's growth. It is a challenging and fast-paced work environment with room for growth. There are so many fantastic and talented people working here. Our leadership & management team are very supportive and receptive to feedback and suggestions for improvement.

Cons

With such great growth, there comes rapid change. You need to be flexible and adaptable, otherwise it may not be the best place for you.

Excellent work environment with room for growth

Current Employee - Order Commencement in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Order Commencement in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Star2Star Communications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere with flexible hours and understanding upper management. You always feel like you are working towards something and seeing it the results is outstanding. Training is provided and you are not left to sink or swim. People notice the hard work you put in.

Cons

None yet. managers are very aware of employee workload. Great lunch trucks but possibly speed up the process of the new cafeteria..

Keep up the good work.