StarHub

www.starhub.com

StarHub Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
StarHub – Singapore – “StarHub Network Team Event”

StarHub CEO & Executive Director Tan Tong Hai

Tan Tong Hai

Pros
  • Pro-family environment with emphasis on work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Fun working environment with plenty experience to gain day to day(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance in Starhub is horrendous(in 4 reviews)

• Also, working hours is assigned by company, hence may not receive prefered time slots(in 6 reviews)

Very positive experience learnt! Great to work in.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly environment, not a political culture and people oriented company

ConsSometimes, the company is too big and it neglects the very bottom people and their development

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair and impartial.

Same everywhere

Chief Wayang Officer (Former Employee) Green, OH

ProsName of company. Office is nice. Lots of meeting rooms. Spacious pantry. Walking distance to MRT.

ConsHave to appease to unreasonable customer. Staff benefits outdated. Look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop eating biscuits and start to raise morale of staff ! Look into improving benefits for ordinary staff instead of creating more useless C positions. What's the point as it will only increase more friction and politics between depts.

Enjoyable

Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsFlexible working hours and good colleagues with relatively good pay. Shift allowance that will increase your pay and transport allowance claims

ConsLow career prospects with shift hours that might affect work life balance. Sometimes you have to work into the night which affect sleeping hours.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good experience over the last decade

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsPerks are not too bad. Discounted Cable TV and Broadband services, Mobile is fully paid for, international calls are discounted. Having said that, holding a company's phone would mean perpetually 24x7. But most bosses (or at least my ex-bosses) are not intrusive, so I probably get 'activated' when there's a network issue.

Colleagues and co-workers are generally nice and amicable. I am lucky to have good mentors and learnt a lot of things along the way. Internal move is possible as long as you have the right attitude and of course very much dependent on who (people who will give you the opportunity) you know as well.

ConsPromotion can be quite competitive since there's a quota but also if your boss will recommend you for it. This would be very much dependent on your performance. And there's too many bands / grading levels, so you may still be an Engineer (thou' in the highest band) after many years cos you have in-band promotion, thus not reflective in the title.

The training budget is something not realistic. Budget reduces every year and it only gives you enough to go for soft-skills which is not beneficial to the engineering folks where technical training is so expansive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Unless you're a natural problem solver, you won't like it here.

Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsI've managed to meet great new friends, learning more on values based on decisiveness, respect & also to be firm to customers and myself. I managed to learn more on how telcos works as well.

ConsThe work-life balance in Starhub is horrendous. Sometimes if the queue gets jammed up, you might not even have the chance to go out and eat peacefully. There will be other staffs that will be calling you and ask you about how to deal with customers.

Due to the daily stress given from both Starhub and its customers, I found myself sick often and lacking of sleep. I even fainted in the bathroom! With 80+ customers that are always telling you how horrible Starhub is and how unhappy they are, you'll break down sooner or later. Working in the customer service will guarantee you that you'll have to work long hours due to the horrible closing procedures also.

Perhaps because I'm just not right for this job. It tore me apart.

Bureaucratic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood bonus and work-life balance.

ConsNeeds to consider hiring more talented staff. Certain departments are overstaffed. Severe need for automation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more young talent. Automate more processes to cut costs.

An okay place to work

Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsIndeed, pay is decent and there is benefits and perk for staff. The superiors you have depends on luck.

ConsWorking in customer service is never a pleasant experience. During peak periods, it can be stressful. Also, working hours is assigned by company, hence may not receive prefered time slots.

Overall, a horrible working experience at Starhub. Work you like a slave in the Information System Division.

ProsBenefit such as free mobile line. The rest comes with terms and conditions, like mobile phone voucher(condition: bonded with the company for certain no of years,else, have to pay back.

ConsA lot of politics at work.Be prepared to know how to play your cards and draw your lines if you want to work here. Long working hours, especially in Information System Division. System keep changing, redundant projects, Difficult IS Finance team to work with. Finance advocate who is proud and snobbish. Not much career progression. Basically, you need to work for a long time before you can climb one rank up. Expensive food in the food court below. No food option available if you work late. Only choice is delivery.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much politics at the management level.

customer care consultant

Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGood pay rates for a part timer

ConsYou get scolded almost for every single call

In need of revitalization

The Runner Whose Legs Are Tied (Current Employee)

Pros- Staff benefits
    - office space

Cons- Badly needs a revitalization of workforce

Advice to Senior ManagementCome down from your pedestal and walk around a bit...

Worked for StarHub? Contribute to the Community!