StarTek

Be The First To
Add Photos

StarTek CEO Chad Carlson

Chad Carlson

Pros
  • Working from Home is the only positive thing about this job(in 6 reviews)

• Generally, with any call center it depends on the client(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • 50 an hour customer service reps pay(in 6 reviews)

• Very Political environment- just like high school only worse(in 6 reviews)

I love startek

Tech Support Representative (Current Employee) Greeley, CO

ProsGood bonus matrix if you meet your goals and have good attendance expect a nice bonus.

ConsHard to get weekends off

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Its not a bad company to work for. The pay could be better

Universal Agent (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsOpportunity for advancement is a plus but as I stated the company has too many employees and your more consider just a number than a value employee.

ConsThe pay isn't that great for the amount of work ask to do.I feel I should be making much more on the hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel like I'm being micro manage at this company because of the turnover.

Leaves a lot to be desired

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Decatur, IL

ProsPromote from within. Pay is competitive for the job markets they exist within. Offer benefits; PTO, Health, Dental. Holiday Pay

ConsWill embellish on possibilities in order to get what they want from employees. Very Political environment- just like high school only worse. Change company policies like the wind in order to hire and fire and demote as they please

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat others as you wish to be treated. You can start with Respect

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So many things wrong here

Universal Representative (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsYou can work at home...at least until they say you have to come in then you can start looking for a new job.

ConsVery high turnover (reps and managers),pay issues, constant changes, lies broken promises. Cult-ish atmosphere. crap pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together.

Contractual Work

VBA Programmer (Current Employee) Shelbyville, TN

ProsThe employees are very good people. They are positive and easy going. They are knowledgeable about their company and its needs. Compensation is good and prompt. the allow you to work remotely.

ConsThey need a little more organization when specifying the needs of a particular project and its technical parameters. The remote access of working has a little bit of a time delay, but not much.

Working from home is not enough incentive to stay

WAH Universal Agent (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsWorking from Home is the only positive thing about this job.

ConsThe rules change on a daily bases.You cannot get a clear answer from management. Don't even bother with the HR dept in Cincinnati. They have no idea on what they are doing. The computer and phone systems keeps crashing. My system has been down for days at times and I don't get paid for their problems. They have shift bids about every 4 months and make up new rules on how you can qualify for a better work shift. There is nothing positive to say about this company. I doubt if they will be around much longer. Run the other way if they offer you a job!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employees like intelligent beings.

They have mandatory overtime, if you don't stay they find some way to get rid of you.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Mansfield, OH

ProsGood training and time with trainers to learn system

Consneed to have background in office machines (computer, typing skills, and multi-line phone system.)

Worked as a customer service representative

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Mansfield, OH

ProsTeamwork is high and expected

ConsTurnover is high because training is always completed before the employee can do the job

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage all CSR's and their management team to support that CSR when there are problems

Very Bad Place to Work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGet hired quick, has benefits

ConsNo support, not enough training, being lied to and expected to lie to customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet people in Management that know how to train and talk to people instead of lying.

Tech for Comcast

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers all get along well

ConsGetting yelled at by angry customers

Worked for StarTek? Contribute to the Community!